• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Judgers and Percievers: Which type prevails?

Which type is better? Judging, or Percieving?

• Judging

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Percieving

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I'm Neutral

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Practically every day I have a Judger-Perciever war with my dad.
He says I lack structure, I say his structure sucks.
He says I'm indecisive, I say he's judgmental.
He says I never stick to the routine, I say he's conservative.
Now, I'm asking you, on this very forum, which type you prefer. The time has come to decide this one and for all.

Which is the better type, Judgers or Perviecers?

You may vote, what you think, for whatever reason you believe it. You may stay neutral, too.
If I were to vote, I'd vote for the Percievers, but since I'm the one posting this thread, I'll stay neutral.
So, without further ado, let's start!

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Neither is better; they just have different strengths.

I thought INTPs were supposed to be objective and impartial.

Cygnus

I admire the worldview of Irrationals -- Pe-dom EPs in MBTI and Pi-dom IJs in MBTI.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like both. They are both needed to balance each other out.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I suspect most people with a preference will prefer their own orientation... Kind of like most things in life.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
A perceiver with a wrist watch obviously.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Neither is better than the other except that a judger would excel in a high tech totalitarian environment where every decision is made for you and Perceivers would excel in the total choas that you see in the movies. In the real world, both are equally accepted and it's more so about ability than personality.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Neither is better; they just have different strengths.

I thought INTPs were supposed to be objective and impartial.

I am impartial. But apparently, so is everyone else. You do know I posted this thread only to see if everybody's neutral or not, right?
It's not actually about the J vs P. I just wanted to see how humans work.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Neither is better. Both have strengths and weaknesses. Society and the world are better with that variety than they would be without it.

I am impartial. But apparently, so is everyone else. You do know I posted this thread only to see if everybody's neutral or not, right?
It's not actually about the J vs P. I just wanted to see how humans work.
Considering how things went down in the Ask an ESFJ thread, I highly doubt it.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Neither is better. Both have strengths and weaknesses. Society and the world are better with that variety than they would be without it.

Considering how things went down in the Ask an ESFJ thread, I highly doubt it.

I have multiple personalities.

The curious: This personality needs to know everything and the truth behind it. Gets frustrated when someone has a secret.
The logical: This is me ATM. Logical and fair, this one doesn't care for emotion because it doesn't make sense. This one always states the truth.
The daredevil: This one is impulsive and intuitive and follows his instincts. My instincts rarely fail me. This one says what others don't have the guts for.

The narcissistic: This one is full of pride, ambition, and very competitive. This one tends to get aggressive.
The revolutionary: Chaotic and anarchistic, this personality strives to destroy the very concept of authority, because it's corrupt.
The aspergers: This is a hidden personality that blesses me with intelligence, but totally destroys my social skills.

The social: This personality acts like an extrovert and has better social skills, but doesn't get along with everybody. Becomes daredevil when conflict is created.
The friendly: Blocked by the narcissistic, this personality only opens up to people worthy of its kindness, which are usually innocent and friendly people.
The lazy: Doesn't want to do anything, loves sleep. Also eats everything in sight that he likes.

The empathic: This guy relates to people like Squidward and Dr House. Also the type of guy that cries at movies (I cried at the anime Angel Beats).
The sociopathic: This guy is the opposite of the empathic. No mercy, he keeps away the emotions from the other personalities (fuck you, inferior Fe)
The avenger: Revenge is awesome! It's mainly an aggressive version of my logical personality, that seeks revenge because it's absolute fairness.

There you have it. These are the 12 personalities I fluctuate from.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Now, I'm asking you, on this very forum, which type you prefer. The time has come to decide this one and for all.

I would probably agree with your dad. Reason? I'm sure you are a million times more obnoxious, more annoying P, in everyday life than you are here.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Which is the better type, Judgers or Perviecers?

You may vote, what you think, for whatever reason you believe it. You may stay neutral, too.
If I were to vote, I'd vote for the Percievers, but since I'm the one posting this thread, I'll stay neutral.
So, without further ado, let's start!

I voted neutral, Peas and Jays have enough to learn from each other to be more awesome.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

The curious: This personality needs to know everything and the truth behind it. Gets frustrated when someone has a secret.
The logical: This is me ATM. Logical and fair, this one doesn't care for emotion because it doesn't make sense. This one always states the truth.
The daredevil: This one is impulsive and intuitive and follows his instincts. My instincts rarely fail me. This one says what others don't have the guts for.

The narcissistic: This one is full of pride, ambition, and very competitive. This one tends to get aggressive.
The revolutionary: Chaotic and anarchistic, this personality strives to destroy the very concept of authority, because it's corrupt.
The aspergers: This is a hidden personality that blesses me with intelligence, but totally destroys my social skills.

The social: This personality acts like an extrovert and has better social skills, but doesn't get along with everybody. Becomes daredevil when conflict is created.
The friendly: Blocked by the narcissistic, this personality only opens up to people worthy of its kindness, which are usually innocent and friendly people.
The lazy: Doesn't want to do anything, loves sleep. Also eats everything in sight that he likes.

The empathic: This guy relates to people like Squidward and Dr House. Also the type of guy that cries at movies (I cried at the anime Angel Beats).
The sociopathic: This guy is the opposite of the empathic. No mercy, he keeps away the emotions from the other personalities (fuck you, inferior Fe)
The avenger: Revenge is awesome! It's mainly an aggressive version of my logical personality, that seeks revenge because it's absolute fairness.

There you have it. These are the 12 personalities I fluctuate from.

Are all of these INTP though, do you think?

violett

If I had more J, I wouldn't be prone to procrastination and putting things off until the last minute and I wouldn't be anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes late for work everyday.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And the personalities of Fs and SJs (oh, and ESFJs) you've met are just as multifaceted as yours. Probably best to keep that in mind.

Jaguar

I would probably agree with your dad. Reason? I'm sure you are a million times more obnoxious, more annoying P, in everyday life than you are here.

I disagree.

Some of us discussed that problem in a thread - people getting online and saying obnoxious shit they would never have the guts to say in real life.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I disagree.

Some of us discussed that problem in a thread - people getting online and saying obnoxious shit they would never have the guts to say in real life.

While I would agree with you normally, this is likely not about things he is saying. It's about things he is doing - or not doing - and his dad's opinion on them. I have one P kid and he can say nothing at all (impossible for very long) and be one of the most obnoxious people ever born.