• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type most likely to be racist

baccheion

After looking at answers given on OkCupid, the following is how likely each type is to be racist:

Females
Males
ESTJ14.16%
ESTP11.81%
ESFJ11.53%
ISTJ11.33%
ISTP10.83%
ESFP10.63%
ISFJ10.51%
ENTJ9.71%
INTJ8.98%
ENTP8.81%
ISFP8.64%
INTP8.04%
ENFP7.71%
ENFJ7.20%
INFJ7.04%
INFP6.26%
ESTJ18.55%
ESFJ18.38%
ISTJ18.32%
ESTP18.19%
ISTP16.42%
ISFJ16.35%
ISFP15.95%
ENTJ15.75%
INTJ15.18%
ESFP14.48%
ENTP13.68%
INTP13.41%
ENFJ13.07%
INFJ12.31%
ENFP12.11%
INFP10.78%

Straight and gay users were 1.88x more likely to be racist than bisexuals, males were 1.71x more likely to be racist than females, thinkers were 1.34x more likely to be racist that feelers, sensors were 1.29x more likely to be racist that intuitors, judgers were 1.13x more likely to be racist that perceivers, and extroverts were 1.01x more likely to be racist that introverts.

Sensors and thinkers had the highest likelihood of being racist (14.82% and 13.76%). Perceivers and feelers had the lowest (11.24% and 10.25%).

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Ok... but how did you type people and determine if they were racist?

baccheion

Ok... but how did you type people and determine if they were racist?

They (tens of thousands) stated their types, and I looked at how they answered certain questions.

A few of the questions:

- Would you consider dating someone who has vocalized a strong negative bias toward a certain race of people?
- Is interracial marriage a bad idea?
- Do you believe that there exists a statistical correlation between race and intelligence?
- Are you racist?
- If you were going to have a child, would you want the other parent to be of the same ethnicity as you?
- Do you have a problem with racist jokes?
- Would you strongly prefer to go out with someone of your own skin color / racial background?
- Should people of a particular race be allowed to adopt children of another race?
- Do you use racial slurs when you are around friends or family whom you trust?
- Is it acceptable for an older person to make a racial slur because the term was used commonly when they were young?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what's the type most likely to be typist?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
- Would you consider dating someone who has vocalized a strong negative bias toward a certain race of people?
- Do you believe that there exists a statistical correlation between race and intelligence?
- Are you racist?
- If you were going to have a child, would you want the other parent to be of the same ethnicity as you?
- Would you strongly prefer to go out with someone of your own skin color / racial background?
- Should people of a particular race be allowed to adopt children of another race?
- Is it acceptable for an older person to make a racial slur because the term was used commonly when they were young?

These are actually pretty good questions to gauge it with imo, but my guess is that the types that scored lower on racism probably are more covertly racist than openly racist. Ran into an INFP on this forum using the word hermaphrodite in a mocking tone (not even just that, but as a way of making jokes about men who have more traditionally feminine qualities). Actually I had a debate with one of my closest friends IRL (who I believe is a clear ENFP but tested as INFP) because she didn't think it was racist for white people to use the N-word. Some people's oppressive viewpoints and prejudices are buried deeper, and they may not even know that their beliefs/actions can be harmful since they're usually coming from a position of greater privilege. So, even though it's probably already obvious, I think trying to scale levels of racism with type is interesting but not completely telling.

what's the type most likely to be typist?
[MENTION=24238]RandomINTP[/MENTION]

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They (tens of thousands) stated their types, and I looked at how they answered certain questions.

A few of the questions:

- Are you racist?

This is pretty fascinating and lines up with one of the first studies published by OkC on messaging response rates

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
These are actually pretty good questions to gauge it with imo, but my guess is that the types that scored lower on racism probably are more covertly racist than openly racist. Ran into an INFP on this forum using the word hermaphrodite in a mocking tone (not even just that, but as a way of making jokes about men who have more traditionally feminine qualities). Actually I had a debate with one of my closest friends IRL (who I believe is a clear ENFP but tested as INFP) because she didn't think it was racist for white people to use the N-word. Some people's oppressive viewpoints and prejudices are buried deeper, and they may not even know that their beliefs/actions can be harmful since they're usually coming from a position of greater privilege. So, even though it's probably already obvious, I think trying to scale levels of racism with type is interesting but not completely telling.

[MENTION=24238]RandomINTP[/MENTION]
Can you really blame me? The Top 3 Types in both men and women are SJs. (except for Females, #2, ESTP)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can you really blame me? The Top 3 Types in both men and women are SJs. (except for Females, #2, ESTP)

Somehow it doesn't seem like racism and other forms of systematic oppression are big reasons you've used to justify your visceral hatred towards SJs.

This is pretty fascinating and lines up with one of the first studies published by OkC on messaging response rates

"Blacks get fewer responses."
"Whites respond by far the least to anyone."
"White women prefer white men to the exclusion of everyone else."
"Men don’t write black women back."

Not surprised, but still disgusted. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Somehow it doesn't seem like racism and other forms of systematic oppression are big reasons you've used to justify your visceral hatred towards SJs.

My reason for hatred against SJs is their elitism. They bullied me daily for the sole reason that I was different. Might also be the kill-or-be-killed instinct still in their heads. BTW, I'm an Fe-Inferior and a slight 4.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People -- not types -- bully people.

I've been bullied by NTs, SJs, SPs, and probably a few NFs. (Probably the worst bully I experienced in my life was my ESTP father, tbh.)

---

As far as the OP's table goes, is it really that significant a difference?

The spread on both, for men or women, is only 8%, and the huge majority of people of any type (80% or more of every type!) are not considered racist according to the questions that were asked.

It all kind of comes off as a petty blame game, honestly.

If we're looking at a particular type that was 25-30% or more racist than the next type, maybe that would seem more significant, but this? No, not really.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

A few of the questions:

- Are you racist?

LMAO, those questions seem like pretty good indicators...lol Direct and to the point

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
In my opinion, NTs are the most racist of all types. It is covert, but it's there, with all their Darwinian leanings and what not.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my opinion, NTs are the most racist of all types. It is covert, but it's there, with all their Darwinian leanings and what not.
Guess I'm an exception. It makes absolutely no sense in my mind to judge people based on something arbitrary and completely out of their control.

Besides, all races are equally inferior to robots.

Dopa

MBTI Type
INTP
Frankly this pretty much exactly is what I would have expected, for what that's worth. We know that S types are more likely to be conservative and traditionalist. They are also probably more plain-spoken about these issues and I wouldn't be surprised if they were simply more honest than the Ns. N types have a certain propensity for idealism in theory more than in practice. Unsurprisingly, it's even relatively easy for us to get idealistic about how MBTI types behave. Yes, it is possible that certain types may tend to be more racist, or have a lower IQ, or whatever. This isn't about feelings.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Guess I'm an exception. It makes absolutely no sense in my mind to judge people based on something arbitrary and completely out of their control.

I don't even know why I use concealer anymore.

female-robot.jpg

ATTENTION TYPOLOGY CENTRAL POSTERS!

Your rob0tic overlords have reached a consensus with our superior rob0t-brains and will be labeling content deemed TOOL OF THE HUMANS. If a post you have submitted earns this label, here is the procedure you should follow...

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf

I agree. I should have prefaced my post with something along the lines of "playing along," etc. I find these stats put up by the OP quite ridiculous, to be honest.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Frankly this pretty much exactly is what I would have expected, for what that's worth. We know that S types are more likely to be conservative and traditionalist. They are also probably more plain-spoken about these issues and I wouldn't be surprised if they were simply more honest than the Ns. N types have a certain propensity for idealism in theory more than in practice. Unsurprisingly, it's even relatively easy for us to get idealistic about how MBTI types behave. Yes, it is possible that certain types may tend to be more racist, or have a lower IQ, or whatever. This isn't about feelings.

S types? You mean SJs? SPs seem like the anti tradition, too cool for school crowd. Of course I'm speaking in terms of horribly shallow steryotypes here, a language you seem to be most comfortable with.

Cygnus

Hey, you do tend to hear a lot of bullshit from "NTs" on the internet claiming that "their SJ oppressors are too closed-minded" and "humanity's outdated laws and customs are the fault of Feelers and NTs are gonna save us all with our forward-thinking mindsets" yada-yada-yada. From what I've seen, the trend seems to be that Ti-Creatives tend to harbor more "prejudiced" mindsets that are often attributed to Feelers. Remember, Ti can prune theories to be more consistent with themselves, but it also puts a user at risk of forms of Inductive reasoning that rationalize the entire world according to its own internal principles, internal principles that can't be disproven because they're about the way things are alledgedly supposed to be, not how they are according to empirical facts in the environment. If a theory isn't intrinsically impossible and you believe it, you can rationalize everything in one's environment to be explained by it.

So I could easily see some NT types with this mindset, especially with all these butthurt INTs who come on here claiming to be morally superior and brag about their Elliot Rodger-esque plans to put Feeling types into death camps.

On the other hand, ITJs, being Pi-dominant and Irrational, tend to be less grounded in their own inner systems of logic and more in their internal perceptions of reality -- a true INTJ wouldn't care much about the state of the world around him insomuch as an ITP.

DJA was a pretty good example of a Ti-Creative who was very susceptible to arbitrary biases with no apparent logical base, contrary to how many Ti-users claim to behave.

Your rob0tic overlords have reached a consensus with our superior rob0t-brains and will be labeling content deemed TOOL OF THE HUMANS. If a post you have submitted earns this label, here is the procedure you should follow...

LE MEME XXXXDDDDDD!!!!

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

female-robot.jpg

Your rob0tic overlords have reached a consensus with our superior rob0t-brains and will be labeling content deemed TOOL OF THE HUMANS.
ONCE AGAIN WITHOUT EMOTION.