• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Type(s) most likely to be vegetarian/vegan?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
NFs

I would never ever be a vegetarian, much less a vegan.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't think this is type related.

I think there might be an association. Obviously I'm not saying that all NFs are vegetarian, but rather that vegetarians tend to be more NF than other types.

Cygnus

I don't think this is type related.
I think there might be an association.

MBTI/JCF explains Cognition, or how information is processed -- Enneagram explains which information is processed, and why.

Motivations vs. thought processes.

That said, I'd suspect SF/ST/NF/NT (clubs) to be the most plausible way of sorting MBTI types by motivations, though other type behaviors in terms of actual cognition are best grouped by Quadra. Even then, Enneagram is the absolute most motivation-based way of sorting -- Clubs such as NF seem to be a pretty shaky way, in general, of sorting behaviors.

DreamBeliever

I went vegetarian about a yr, yr & a half ago for about 6 months with spouts of being vegan & pescetarian during that time too. I had a few times that I cheated on it, but I went at least 2 full months with no meat. I still want to eventually become a vegan for good, or at least a year or longer, but I think I'll have to wait until I have my own place, because it's too hard with my family & being at college. I was just wondering if there's a correlation.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I think the wide variety of reasons for being a vegetarian (health reasons, religious reasons, dirty hippie reasons, economic, environmental, financial reasons, etc.) make it hard to pinpoint a type. There are such a wide variety of justifications for it that it seems difficult to pigeon-hole it into a personality type.

I was a strict vegetarian for about 4 years. Now I will devour a steak with the voracity of a starving velociraptor, and I prefer my meat rare enough that a good vet could bring it back to life. Do with that information what you will.

DreamBeliever

I hate how many times I have to fix replies after I send them from my phone (maybe it's cuz I'm typing while watching TV). Excuse my grammar, spelling, etc. mistakes guys. I'm bad at proof reading, but I'll get 'em all fixed eventually. hehe

DreamBeliever

I think the wide variety of reasons for being a vegetarian (health reasons, religious reasons, dirty hippie reasons, economic, environmental, financial reasons, etc.) make it hard to pinpoint a type. There are such a wide variety of justifications for it that it seems difficult to pigeon-hole it into a personality type.

I was a strict vegetarian for about 4 years. Now I will devour a steak with the voracity of a starving velociraptor, and I prefer my meat rare enough that a good vet could bring it back to life. Do with that information what you will.
Can I ask, what was your reason in the 1st place, & what made you change back again? You don't have to say if you don't want.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Most I know are ESFJ, but I think the only real letter this you could correlate it with is F.

á´…eparted

passages
Really? lol How come the thought of it is so funny to you? (Just curious) Just doesn't appeal?

Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Good food is something I very much value, and I have no desire to restrict it unless it results in tangible problems for my biology. It happens that I enjoy meat quite a bit, in particular poultry and seafood.

I also roll my eyes at diets a lot of the time. Unless someone has a disorder, or measurable allergy that prevents them eating food items, or they are genuinely trying to lose weight, I think it's silly. While I understand people sometime restrict food items for moral convictions, I just have a hard time respecting their reasonings for doing so. The whole "but I feel guilty for eating animals!" thing just strikes me as petty and feel-good nonsense for most people. I'll leave it be 95% of the time, but the seconds they try to guilt trip others for not adhering to what they do for moral superiority reasons, then the gloves come off and I will get nasty about it.

It also happens that I wildly despise PETA and the vast majority of people that support them.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It also happens that I wildly despise PETA and the vast majority of people that support them.

PETA also treats animals like trash anyways. :dry: It's disgusting.

DreamBeliever

Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Good food is something I very much value, and I have no desire to restrict it unless it results in tangible problems for my biology. It happens that I enjoy meat quite a bit, in particular poultry and seafood.

I also roll my eyes at diets a lot of the time. Unless someone has a disorder, or measurable allergy that prevents them eating food items, or they are genuinely trying to lose weight, I think it's silly. While I understand people sometime restrict food items for moral convictions, I just have a hard time respecting their reasonings for doing so. The whole "but I feel guilty for eating animals!" thing just strikes me as petty and feel-good nonsense for most people. I'll leave it be 95% of the time, but the seconds they try to guilt trip others for not adhering to what they do for moral superiority reasons, then the gloves come off and I will get nasty about it.

I agree with you on PETA. They are honestly such hypocrites.

sgrm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
Why not? You could do it gradually because that would be easier
It would help the innocent animals