• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Type(s) most likely to be vegetarian/vegan?

sgrm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Good food is something I very much value, and I have no desire to restrict it unless it results in tangible problems for my biology. It happens that I enjoy meat quite a bit, in particular poultry and seafood.

I also roll my eyes at diets a lot of the time. Unless someone has a disorder, or measurable allergy that prevents them eating food items, or they are genuinely trying to lose weight, I think it's silly. While I understand people sometime restrict food items for moral convictions, I just have a hard time respecting their reasonings for doing so. The whole "but I feel guilty for eating animals!" thing just strikes me as petty and feel-good nonsense for most people. I'll leave it be 95% of the time, but the seconds they try to guilt trip others for not adhering to what they do for moral superiority reasons, then the gloves come off and I will get nasty about it.

It also happens that I wildly despise PETA and the vast majority of people that support them.

You remind me of a slave owner getting mad at anti-slavery activists for telling people that it's immoral to own slaves

sgrm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
You remind me of a slave owner getting mad at anti-slavery activists for telling people that it's immoral to own slaves

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
INFJ/ISFP in my own personal experience. But of course not limited to those types

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm eating vegetarian about 5 days a week but I have no plans to go vegan. I'm doing it for health reasons and I don't really think this is type related.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have spent long periods of my life vegetarian and was raised as one by an ISFP mother. Now I eat chicken and turkey, but I feel guilty about it every time.

rav3n

Fs are more likely to become vegetarians/vegans, at least for ideological reasons.

I do come across the odd T who's a veghead too. Most often, they become vegetarians for health (weight loss) reasons or they're born into vegetarian/vegan families who have become so, for cultural and/or religious reasons. This doesn't preclude Ts becoming vegheads for ideological reasons but they're less likely to do so than Fs.

raskol

Fs are more likely to become vegetarians/vegans, at least for ideological reasons.

I do come across the odd T who's a veghead too. Most often, they become vegetarians for health (weight loss) reasons or they're born into vegetarian/vegan families who have become so, for cultural and/or religious reasons. This doesn't preclude Ts becoming vegheads for ideological reasons but they're less likely to do so than Fs.
Considering the conclusion tied to the latest international study, reducing the recommended meat intake to 14 grams/half an ounce per day, individual health concerns and environmental impact will grow in importance.

Meanwhile, embracing that new direction will, in all likeliness, negatively correlate with the traditional SJ types.

NFs. Particularly INFPs will be branded hippie vegan types, I’d imagine.

However, I like and sometimes crave a nice cut of beef. Medium-well. We are omnivores after all.

Sadly, due to sometimes severe digestive issues, I usually avoid red meat now. Lots of poultry as a substitute. I despise seafood.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
It becomes more difficult for someone to transition to vegetarianism/veganism if their ancestor's ate a meat based diet due to adaptation. Just like weaning off cigarettes, someone who is a vegan for years should introduce animal products slowly if chosen to do so. My sister was a vegetarian/vegan and she is a highly emotional person (is now part of a religious cult)...Hence, I am not certain if she continues the lifestyle, but it's likely....She even fasted for 40 days, which I think is very extreme and can cause definitive hormone issues. Now that we have access to so much information, we can supplement with iron, zinc, exc to compensate for the lack thereof in a vegetarian/vegan diet. I've seen a consistent pattern of digestive issues arising in those who become vegetarian/vegan for years....Perhaps, eating too much wheat (DNA change recently--> lack of adaptation + Larger structure--> inflammation) and fiber (insufficient bacteria input in humans relative to herbivores) is causing these issues. But we all have the freedom to chose whether or not to consume animal products, and there is nothing wrong with becoming a vegan. It takes time to transition as our body can slowly adapt to the transition....So long as balance and variety is in the equation, the body will adapt effectively.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
NFs. Particularly INFPs will be branded hippie vegan types, I’d imagine.

However, I like and sometimes crave a nice cut of beef. Medium-well. We are omnivores after all.

Sadly, due to sometimes severe digestive issues, I usually avoid red meat now. Lots of poultry as a substitute. I despise seafood.

You should try Colostrum for digestive issues. It helps with autoimmune issues as well, which is a consequence of a faulty digestive system. Of course, if you cut out meat for too long, the body will reject it initially because energy is suppressed to break down animal proteins...Why expend energy for a process no longer in use...

You should try Colostrum for digestive issues. It helps with autoimmune issues as well, which is a consequence of a faulty digestive system. Of course, if you cut out meat for too long, the body will reject it initially because energy is suppressed to break down animal proteins...Why expend energy for a process no longer in use...

At this point I have to have surgery. It’s a chronic issue that is treatable with antibiotics (cipro and flagyl typically). The problem is after a while they become ineffective. Most people don’t need surgery, just a dietary change. Mine will never improve unless the trouble area is removed. I’m dealing with a bunch of health issues on top of it so it’s been hell of a time getting to that OR. In the meantime, it’s beating the hell out of me.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
all of my friends who are vegan/veggie because of #animals are F's. i have a couple T friends who are but they both are due to health issues wherein meat does funky things to their GI tract.

i myself solve my issues of ohnoanimals! by always getting meat that is neatly packaged from the grocery store. in my mind there is the true giving tree out there that sprouts delicate blossoms of pure protein for me.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I have spent long periods of my life vegetarian and was raised as one by an ISFP mother. Now I eat chicken and turkey, but I feel guilty about it every time.

don't, birds are assholes.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
all of my friends who are vegan/veggie because of #animals are F's. i have a couple T friends who are but they both are due to health issues wherein meat does funky things to their GI tract.

Interesting, I noticed a similar thing. The ones I type as T that I know are vegetarians do so for health. I can recall several Fs, and this very particular 'high-empath' I-FJ who literally can't look at meat without empathizing with and imagining how the thing must have suffered and died. There is this strange, particular empathetic lean with the F's reasoning, not to say only Fs do that, but it definitely is a trend I've noticed.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If raised in a culture where it is the general norm, Si. Choosing for moral reasons could be either Fe or Fi. For health would probably be Te. I can see a lot of low Ni users turning to veganism/vegetarianism for a brief period because they saw some video from someone they admired that talked about why you should do it. The least likely type would be any Ti user unless they had some weird conspiracy theory about the meat industry and abstained for that reason.

As for enneagram, 4 would do it for the social cause, 2 and 3 for image, 1 for health and 6 for their community.

This is all speaking in stereotypes, of course.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Interestingly, the only vegans I know are thinkers. One is an ESTJ. I think inferior Fi can show up in weird ways like that. I dated an IxTJ who donated monthly to the World Wildlife Fund and was a strict proponent of recycling.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

i myself solve my issues of ohnoanimals! by always getting meat that is neatly packaged from the grocery store. in my mind there is the true giving tree out there that sprouts delicate blossoms of pure protein for me.

I don't have GI issues but that doesn't stop people from assuming I do and recommending some kind of supplement (I just feel better overall eating less meat less often). I eat chicken, fish, very lean red meat and small amounts of pork. And I get far more flack from meat eaters, the vegans want me to drink that shitty kombucha tea so both suck equally.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Interestingly, the only vegans I know are thinkers. One is an ESTJ. I think inferior Fi can show up in weird ways like that. I dated an IxTJ who donated monthly to the World Wildlife Fund and was a strict proponent of recycling.

Great but the majority of "recyclables" are so contaminated they can't be recycled so they end up in the landfills anyway.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Great but the majority of "recyclables" are so contaminated they can't be recycled so they end up in the landfills anyway.

He was obsessive about rinsing and separating.

Garbage is burned where we live (as if that doesn't send pollutants into the air).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
He was obsessive about rinsing and separating.

Garbage is burned where we live (as if that doesn't send pollutants into the air).

I think it has more to do with stuff like say - paper products. Many of them have thin plastic layers to prevent leaking and that makes them contaminated. Pizza boxes, paper plates, that sort of thing. Something like a cereal box would be ok because the plastic liner is removable. Burning leaves and yard waste is also allowed here but I have never done that, I never will. We put it in a compost pile - it's nice for my garden too.