• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Function pronunciation--anyone else?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
So when I read Se or Ne, I don't think "extroverted sensing and extroverted intuition." I read them as See and Nee.
So..
Fee
Fye
Tee
Tye
See
Sye
Nee
Nye

Anyone else? ... :p

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
So when I read Se or Ne, I don't think "extroverted sensing and extroverted intuition." I read them as See and Nee.
So..
Fee
Fye
Tee
Tye
See
Sye
Nee
Nye

Anyone else? ... :p

Oh gosh! I used to do that when I was into the functions.

Rala

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha. English is not my first language so no. :D

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I say "eff ee" (Fe), "eff aye" (Fi), etc.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm like DisneyGeek.

ADDED: In that respect.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Even though I know it's not how they're pronounced (aka the way DisneyGeek does it), I pronounce it like "Fee" (Fi), Fey/Feh (Fe) etc. Never told anyone cuz I thought it was just me who knowingly pronounced them different lol.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just say the letter names.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Even though I know it's not how they're pronounced (aka the way DisneyGeek does it), I pronounce it like "Fee" (Fi), Fey/Feh (Fe) etc. Never told anyone cuz I thought it was just me who knowingly pronounced them different lol.

Haha I feel like this could cause a lot of confusion.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I say:
nye for Ni
enn-ee for Ne
tie for Ti
tee ee for Te
fee for Fe
eff eye for Fi
ess eye for Si
see for Se

I guess my shadow's I say by letter and for main I say by a combined sound, probably because I say NiFeTiSe to new INFJ's/interested in a lot. :x

RE-EDIT: When solely talking about functions alone I will say the letters individually.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i just say the letter names.

This. Which ends up sounding like what DisneyGeek described. If I'm actually saying them out loud I sometimes say extroverted feeling, introverted thinking, etc.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha I feel like this could cause a lot of confusion.

Oh it does, I even confuse myself half the time. But I have no one to talk to about MBTI outside of forums because I can't get any of my friends interested in it. So in the end it doesn't do much harm ;)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
In my head, They actually sound the same. They all have the long eee sound, so Fe and Fi and "Fee", Si and Se are "See"

Talking to others, I'll either say the full name or spell it out.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I say the full names prefixed by the system, e.g. Myer's Brigg's Type Indicator Introverted Feeling, with a full on Southern accent while making air quotes.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm resurrecting this thread just to post this: