• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types have you had problems with irl?

DreamBeliever

What types have you had problems with irl? What do you think was the cause of the issue? What types are most likely to not get along?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have problems with individuals, not with types. There have been members of a specific type with whom I've gotten along perfectly well, and some with whom I've had nothing but trouble.

That being said, I think I clash with EJs more frequently than other types. Something about that Extroversion-Judging combo can sometimes come across as pushy. And I don't like feeling dominated. I'm a live-and-let-live kind of person, and I'm content to let others do their own thing, but I expect them to let me do the same.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I have problems with individuals, not with types. There have been members of a specific type with whom I've gotten along perfectly well, and some with whom I've had nothing but trouble.

That being said, I think I clash with EJs more frequently than other types. Something about that Extroversion-Judging combo can sometimes come across as pushy. And I don't like feeling dominated. I'm a live-and-let-live kind of person, and I'm content to let others do their own thing, but I expect them to let me do the same.

Yeah, shame that doesn't fly in the sky of high life, right?

I hate the grubbing fucks who think I should care about the same shit they do because it's a commonly held assumption. I don't want your status, I don't want your systems, I don't want your control...I do not want you!

á´…eparted

passages
INTP - I've had the most tangible problems with this type. I met several this weekend that reinforced it. Their disregard (ignorant or not) of social flow drives me insane and really ticks me off.

INFP - We can clash very badly if we have to work together. If not it'susually not bad.

ENTP - Short term, no issues usually. I can't be around them for long though. After a while I'll often just be annoyed by them, or seriously pissed off. This is also much worse if I am forced to work with them.

Of course, each person is case by case and I can get along (or not) with any type.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I had problems with types in real life but I don't think they were because of cognitive functions.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Upon reflection, I'm pretty sure that nothing good can come of this thread.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Meh I'll bite. I think SJ's temperament are the most I had conflict relations with.

DreamBeliever

Upon reflection, I'm pretty sure that nothing good can come of this thread.

It doesn't have to be about ragging on others. It could also be a mutual thing. People could put about what other types don't like about them & therefore leads to relationship complications. It could also be just not seeing eye to eye on something. Of course, it could also be perceived faults in other types or fall outs you've had. I know every person is different, especially depending on the maturity/how healthy someone is, but some types, I figure, probably just have more issues 'getting' each other than others.

MBTI Type
ENFP
ESFJs tend to be my source of conflict. They like my humor, but don't understand why i'm making these jokes. They don't understand my outlook I suppose.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I hate being the only intuitive in a room at times.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
ISTJ/ESTJ/ESFJ. And to some extent, ENTJ as well.

I find myself clashing with strong Si and strong Te types.

But then again, this could be due to their individual personality and not really their mbti type. Perhaps it's just a coincidence that the people I clashed with always has a strong Te or strong Si in them? I am kinda hesitant to answer this question actually because people often confused people's individual personality with their mbti types. There is always annoying people from every mbti type and it shouldn't be limited to only a certain mbti type.

JjJot

MBTI Type
INTJ
I remember seeing a compatibility chart of the mbti types, and not a single one seemed to correlate with my experiences as a general rule of thumb.

vorfreude

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
xSFJs we clash mostly as they invade my territory and tell me how I am "supposed" to be or live.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
ESTJ, I seem to come across as flakey or they can't keep up so I'm a threat. I just can't keep them happy and out of the sergeant zone. A few realise I won't conform no matter what and relax but that's generally just a temporary thing in my experience.

ISFJ, for some reason I get portrayed as close to sociopathic at times and that's a hard position to get in with someone from. My mother was an ISFJ so it's not an impossible boundary but I tend to get a hard fight to win turf.

ENTP, I always seem to end up in an argument and use my knowledge of basic arguing methods to call them when they shift their positions or try fancy footwork. Never wins me any brownie points.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
ESTPs. They're just douchebags.

ESTJs. They seem to make a conscious effort to care about all of the wrong shit and none of the right shit. They're the least substantial people alive. I find it impossible to take them seriously, too -- like if I pushed one of them really, really hard, all at once, somehow they'd back down or I could get right through them. I don't know.

Some Fi-dominants. Looking at everyone with their bitchy, self-righteous, judgemental faces, expecting everyone to be oh-so-super-perfect and do everything the way they want you to.

INTJs. Just overall miserable people who take every oppotunity to try and make you feel as miserable as they are. It's as if they think it makes them cool, or something. No one wants to hear about your problems. We've all got our own. Shut up and go away.

ISTJs. You can't get any reaction out of them.
That's just beyond the moral event horizon for me.

Lmao you seem like the bitchy, self righteous, judgmental one. "They're just douchebags" omg gag me. Such limited perspective, such a sour grapes mentaility

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Wow. Jesus Christ. So much excusable hate in this thread. What if I said something like "all black people are douchebags?" People would have a problem with this yet they see no problem in making blanket statements about the dislike of entire MBTI types.

I've had my bouts with certain people, but I certainly wouldn't extrapolate these feelings to EVERYONE with that type of personality. You're going to have assholes in this world. It doesn't mean that if you met one asshole with a beard that everyone with a beard is an asshole.

Edit: Meant to type "inexcusable"

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. Jesus Christ. So much excusable hate in this thread. What if I said something like "all black people are douchebags?" People would have a problem with this yet they see no problem in making blanket statements about the dislike of entire MBTI types.

I've had my bouts with certain people, but I certainly wouldn't extrapolate these feelings to EVERYONE with that type of personality. You're going to have assholes in this world. It doesn't mean that if you met one asshole with a beard that everyone with a beard is an asshole.
Hence why I said nothing good can come of this thread, or threads like these. They just encourage stereotyping and generalizations.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Hence why I said nothing good can come of this thread, or threads like these. They just encourage stereotyping and generalizations.

But ten thousand threads on "type my cat" and "What type is batman" don't?

Remove the stereotyping and generalisations and most would have little to say.