• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am i INTP, INTJ, ISTP or ISTJ ? please help

e.lee.sa

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Hi, I'm really interested in MBTI and this is my first thread.
I always take different mbti tests, and the result is usually INTP and sometimes INTJ.
But the first time I took mbti, I was typed as an ISTP.

I love on-line quizzes so much and usually when I take a "which character from____(a film) are you" test, and I see my result, I go to find out what his/her MBTI type is and it's usually ISTJ or sometimes INTJ.

Between E and I, I guess I'm an introvert, because I need alone time a lot and when I'm in university or at a party for long hours, I lose energy and become cold, detached and impatient. I hate on_line chatting(specially group chatting with my peers), texting and phone calls. I'm awful at small talk. I'm really cold and detached and a little shy/socially anxious(uncomfy) in most places and don't know what to talk about (specially around serious ppl or introverts) unless I'm around close relatives or my best friend, or that person is really warm, talkative and friendly.cause around them, I can be cheerful and witty at the right time. Besides I really love being around my close relatives for a long time. so idk if I'm an introvert, or an extrovert with anxiety or fear of rejection.

also when typing myself, I realize that I'm too N to be S, but too S to be N!!!
I mean, I love thinking about some theories and sci-fi Ideas or abnormal questions. For example 4th dimension, Darwin's theory, If life exists in other planets/galaxies, If UFO exists, etc.
But I love sensory activities too. But it depends. Sometimes I have to be at uni for long hours and that makes me tired. But on other days, I NEED to go out and have fun. But I can go out and have fun mostly with close family members ,best friends or warm and talkative new friends (and sometimes but rarely, alone)
Otherwise I might say yes to pretend I'm friendly, but may skip it or wish that it gets cancelled.
And I usually go out alone when I have a goal, like buying someone a present, going to gym or a class, etc.
And yeah, I can sometimes be lazy when continuing going to a class, but I enjoy new activities, physically or practical.(Like gym, dancing, zumba, soccer, cooking weird dishes or making desserts, travelling, sight seeing, etc)
But I have to mention that I'm not the best person at sports.
And I also love some N activities (surfing the net, watching films or YouTube videos, thinking, daydreaming, planning, reading, learning new languages or cultures, etc)
And I love staying home after a busy day at uni.

Between T and F, Idk which one I really am, and test results usually say T. But then again, most MBTI tests have obvious questions about T/F function (like ; do you like to be rational or considerate !!!), so I might be biased answering them.

Between P and J...Idk...I'm not really decisive in most cases. When buying a new smartphone, I can't decide which one to pick easily, Idk which food/dessert to order, I can't choose between Xbox or PS, I can't choose which color of something to pick easily,etc.
I'm usually a little late for important events or classes.
And when I was a teenager, I rarely procrastinated and first studied/did my homework and then did other things. But now, I procrastinate a lot.
But I kinda like to-do lists, planning and organizing. And when a plan /schedule changes or doesn't go the way I had planned, I get really impatient and angry.

I think on-line mbti quizzes and cognitive functioning tests don't help me. Their questions are too obvious but too general that most of my true answers are "Idk, It depends, etc".

Please ask me some tricky questions and help me type myself.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTPs and INTJs don't share any of the same functions. Neither do ISTPs and ISTJs. You really can't type based on the individual letters--you NEED to do it by functions. I know a lot of the tests online are obvious, but it's somewhere to start, and help narrow down what functions you use. (Also, you can be an S type and still like the things you do. I'm an S type who really likes philosophy, but I'm more interested in ethics and morality-type philosophy because of my dominant Fe, and I only get a kick out of philosophy for fun. I don't live in it ALL THE TIME). Everyone thinks and feels, everyone senses and has some sort of intuition, but we prefer one over the other. What you prefer, and in what order, and whether you use the introverted/extroverted version of that function is what determines your MBTI. Also, I really don't know where online tests got that P/J stuff about organization and whatever from, but it has nothing to do with it really.

Here's a link to a blog with some really good readings on the cognitive functions: Funky MBTI in Fiction | Cognitive Functions

First try to figure out what your dominant function is. If you're stuck between one or two functions, consider this: what is your WEAKNESS? For example, being a Fe-dom means you have inferior Ti. Being a Ni-dom means you have inferior Se. If you think the tests suck, try narrowing down what functions you use and typing yourself. :) Or posting them on here. The forum can help type you, but until we have some idea of what functions you use it'll be too difficult.

CDH15

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I used to have the same problem of not knowing what my MBTI type is, only knowing that I was IxTx. Like 21lux said, you should read more about the cognitive functions of MBTI. It helped me rule out ISTP as my type, as there was no way I had that much Se. Based on the description you have provided, you sound the most like an ISTP. I can explain each one of your functions:
Dominant Function: Ti - Introverted Thinking - applying logic, can cause person to appear cold and logical
Auxiliary Function: Se - Extroverted Sensing - enjoying sensory activities, living life in the moment
Tertiary Function: Ni - Introverted Intuition - This one is a litter harder to explain. In your case, Ni is what lets you enjoy daydreaming and planning.
Inferior Function: Fe - Extroverted Feeling - empathy, considering others, which you suppress.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, you concluded that you're an introvert. Therefore, your dominant function is introverted.
Since you said you like physical activities, which are extroverted, and thinking about theories, which is intoverted, it depends on your dominant function what you are.
Chances are, you misunderstand feeling for being emotional. that's wrong. An F is moral, instead of rational. You seem to be more of a logical person.
And I'll leave the J and P part alone for now.

Let's use the cognitive functions to help you out.
This is what I have concluded. Anything else would contradict your witness testimony- wait, this isn't court... It would contradict what you have said.

Dominant: Introverted Thinking
Auxiliary: Extroverted Sensing
Tertiary: Introverted Intuition
Inferior: Extroverted Feeling

These are the cognitive functions of no other type than the ISTP.

Introvert: You said that yourself, so this is a fact.
Sensing: You're factual and a down-to-earth person. Doesn't surprise me. If you were more intuitive, you would've most likely found out your type.
Thinking: You are a logical person. You can become emotional, but you make decisions with rationality, not with morality.
Percieving: You are *rather* spontaneous. though you plan and like plans, nobody likes it when something goes wrong, and chances are, you suck at planning because you're spontaneous and usually don't stick to plans. Don't worry though. Being spontaneous can be an advantage.

Do you think this is accurate? Look at an ISTP's description and tell me if it's accurate. You're welcome.

e.lee.sa

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Thanks a lot for helping me.
I guess ISTP could be possible, but ;

1)ISTP stays calm in bad situations & under stress. For me it depends, but I usually get stressed out & don't work well.

2)ISTP is aggressive, not passive aggressive. But I'm most likely passive aggressive, at least in front of ppl I'm not comfortable with. (However, according to personalityjunkie they are)

3)ISTPs don't read between the lines, don't care about what others think about them, & don't analyze situations, but I do. I didn't do that when I was younger, but now I do.

4)ISTP ppl are usually optimistic, & confident. I'm not.

5)ISTP ppl are confident & strong, & they know how to defend themselves & stand for themselves. But in most situations, I can't do it. If I hear a critical or rude comment from someone (even if they are just kidding), I get extremely depressed, take it personally, but usually don't confront them.
& In other situations, I act passive aggressively.

6)ISTP rarely gets nostalgic.

But you are right about the P part. I might plan, but suck at sticking to it (even if I get sad for it at the end. ;-)

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Thanks a lot for helping me.
I guess ISTP could be possible, but ;

1)ISTP stays calm in bad situations & under stress. For me it depends, but I usually get stressed out & don't work well.

2)ISTP is aggressive, not passive aggressive. But I'm most likely passive aggressive, at least in front of ppl I'm not comfortable with. (However, according to personalityjunkie they are)

3)ISTPs don't read between the lines, don't care about what others think about them, & don't analyze situations, but I do. I didn't do that when I was younger, but now I do.

4)ISTP ppl are usually optimistic, & confident. I'm not.

5)ISTP ppl are confident & strong, & they know how to defend themselves & stand for themselves. But in most situations, I can't do it. If I hear a critical or rude comment from someone (even if they are just kidding), I get extremely depressed, take it personally, but usually don't confront them.
& In other situations, I act passive aggressively.

6)ISTP rarely gets nostalgic.

But you are right about the P part. I might plan, but suck at sticking to it (even if I get sad for it at the end. ;-)

But you've reiterating what other people have said what an ISTP is, but an INTP would take these definitions not as rules, but more like guidelines. I'd say from your initial post that your Perceiving trait is more developed than your Judging, not just from what you wrote but the layout of the text.