First 123 Last

Thread: Fi vs Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    Fe sucks.

Fi sucks dick.
    can confirm

MBTI
    Fool

We need both ... It's almost imposible for inferior being like us reaching the completed self by just using one perspective.
    Both are fucking smart and fucking idiots at the same time...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cacaia View Post
    Mmm. Interesting. So, I have a question for you.
    When my first daughter was born and my sister held her in her arms, she said, "This is nice. But it's not as nice as MY baby."
    I am currently trying to type my sister. I associate this to be Fi. Would I be correct??
    She also seems to think that everyone should think like her. Another example would be: "You like Gryffindor better than Ravenclaw? Why????" I also associated this with Fi.
    Am I correct? Please shed a light.
    This doesn't sound like Fi at all. It sounds like some kind of ESXJ, either way with bad Fi.
    Likes cacaia liked this post

MBTI
    IIII
    Enneagram
    555 sp

When my first daughter was born and my sister held her in her arms, she said, "This is nice. But it's not as nice as MY baby."
    I am currently trying to type my sister. I associate this to be Fi. Would I be correct??
    She also seems to think that everyone should think like her. Another example would be: "You like Gryffindor better than Ravenclaw? Why????" I also associated this with Fi.
    I'd throw in bad Fe, too.
    S K Y K I N G
    I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by notmyapples View Post
    This doesn't sound like Fi at all. It sounds like some kind of ESXJ, either way with bad Fi.
    I've been trying to type that girl for so long. She took the 16 personalities test and got a INFJ. I thought to myself, "If she's INFJ, I definitely am not!!!!" She seems to favor Fi over Fe, for sure. With that said, she cares about climate change and has gone on a crusade to try to convince as many people as possible to do something about it and take drastic measures in their lives to make it stop.
    One time, she asked me how she would be able to convince people to do as she does. My answer to her was, "Lead by example. You won't be able to make people change their minds. The only thing you can do is tell people about what you are doing to ease your own carbon print. Maybe people will be inspired and do the same."
    But that wasn't good enough of an answer. She does catastrophize when stressed, and she also over-plans. Everything.
    I was thinking she might definitely be an ESFJ, but was not sure....so thanks, notmyapples, for confirming my hunch....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Well Fi represents the urge to form opinions based on ideals of moral, emotional, or social worth, so I guess what you are describing could be Fi, although it is a little hard to tell from such isolated snippets. I shouldn't put too much weight on her believing people should think like her - pretty much any type can do that, it's more to do with experience and maturity than anything else.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Well Fi represents the urge to form opinions based on ideals of moral, emotional, or social worth, so I guess what you are describing could be Fi, although it is a little hard to tell from such isolated snippets. I shouldn't put too much weight on her believing people should think like her - pretty much any type can do that, it's more to do with experience and maturity than anything else.
    The other thing that really truly baffles me is this:
    My sister gives so much devotion to her younger child.Her eldest, however, has clashed in ideals with her mother- The eldest is questioning gender roles and is asking your typical teenage questions- why does the world have to be this way? Why do I have to live like a girl? Why can't I try out a male persona, etc
    These questions shake my sister up to a point where she imagines her daughter will go off and have an operation ("with what money will she do that?" I ask her. "She can't. She's a kid"). Then my sister promptly dismisses anything her eldest says or does, and doesn't give the kid enough credit. it's all about the youngest one.
    I once point blank asked her, "it seems you have a preference over your children."
    She replied. 'Yes. So what?"
    And the thing is, the eldest kid is in every single AP class available at her school, always studying, super bright kid. I just don't get it. I feel that my sister prefers fi because, if you don't agree with her, you are against her. She seems to struggle to see all sides of a situation and place herself in other people's shoes.....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

My sister gives so much devotion to her younger child.Her eldest, however, has clashed in ideals with her mother- The eldest is questioning gender roles and is asking your typical teenage questions- why does the world have to be this way? Why do I have to live like a girl? Why can't I try out a male persona, etc
    These questions shake my sister up to a point where she imagines her daughter will go off and have an operation ("with what money will she do that?" I ask her. "She can't. She's a kid"). Then my sister promptly dismisses anything her eldest says or does, and doesn't give the kid enough credit. it's all about the youngest one.
    I once point blank asked her, "it seems you have a preference over your children."
    And the thing is, the eldest kid is in every single AP class available at her school, always studying, super bright kid. I just don't get it. I feel that my sister prefers fi because, if you don't agree with her, you are against her. She seems to struggle to see all sides of a situation and place herself in other people's shoes.....
    Well I mean all of this can totally be just judging-dom -- so imo has little to do with Fi/Fe -- or rather, everything you mention doesn't even strike me as Fi; it could easily be Fe too. I do agree with others that ExFJ seems super possible. Fe-dom can totally assert/try to impose their own views and perceptions onto everyone else. From what you describe her 'flavor' of it seems more authoritarian/ asserting/trying to change everyone elses' mind -- so seems more extroverted in nature. (this is the negative side of what is encompassed by 'Fe' -- not the warm nurturing side). It seems to me your other option would be ExTJ with bad Fi - they'll be more assertive in imposing selves/views as well -- all of the ExxJ's share that in common.

I guess my main point is -- the bolded can apply to Fe or Fi.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

What I'm seeing here is that your sister seems to have a lack of empathy, and that's not a type issue, despite what many people will try to tell you. Functions aren't abilities (or lack there of). An un-empathic person could have a high Fi, with well developed and thought out ideas on morality and social issues who nevertheless struggles to see when they are upsetting someone. They'd probably feel quite guilty about it once they found out.

It's also important to note that a frequently expressed function is not necessarily a highly placed one in the function order. The function order is more to do with how much effort goes into the function. Lower placed functions tend to be expressed in less sophisticated ways, but can still be very influential. Often entire facets that are seen in a more developed function are missing. For example, your sister seems to have clear sense of what matters to her, but little though is given to the feelings of others.

From what you are telling me, I suspect Fi is a poorly developed function in your sister and she is unlikely to be an FP type.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

The other thing that really truly baffles me is this: My sister gives so much devotion to her younger child.Her eldest, however, has clashed in ideals with her mother- The eldest is questioning gender roles and is asking your typical teenage questions- why does the world have to be this way? Why do I have to live like a girl? Why can't I try out a male persona, etc These questions shake my sister up to a point where she imagines her daughter will go off and have an operation ("with what money will she do that?" I ask her. "She can't. She's a kid"). Then my sister promptly dismisses anything her eldest says or does, and doesn't give the kid enough credit. it's all about the youngest one. I once point blank asked her, "it seems you have a preference over your children." She replied. 'Yes. So what?" And the thing is, the eldest kid is in every single AP class available at her school, always studying, super bright kid. I just don't get it. I feel that my sister prefers fi because, if you don't agree with her, you are against her. She seems to struggle to see all sides of a situation and place herself in other people's shoes.....
    She sounds like an unhealthy Fe user to me. I can't explain it exactly, but she demonstrates a lot of qualities I find tend to emerge in unhealthy Fe.

She also seems to have a problem with empathy, which isn't tied into the personality type. Fe users can be extremely empathetic. I've also encountered many who are not.

I think her inability to see all sides of the situation could be due to an extremely dysfunctional Si/Ne combo. Si when unhealthy can get stuck in a rut of "This works it's the right way, nothing else will ever come close." Coupled with Fe, this can mean tightly clinging onto specific social values and constructs and becoming harshly critical of anyone does not comply.

So, that's why I'd say she is an unhealthy ESFJ most likely. I feel ESFJs get a lot of slack in typology communities. Which I think is unfair because there are some amazing ESFJs out there. I tend to find the unhealthy, toxic ones can be complete pieces of work though. There's also a difference between just unhealthy ones and toxic ones.

Based on your description, your sister also seems that she may have narcissistic personallty traits.