• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP vs INFP

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey guys. I'm starting to question whether I'm an ENFP or an INFP. I know I have Fi and Ne, but I don't know the order. Please help type me or note similarities or differences. Thanks!

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
OK, it's pretty simple: where do you get your energy from?

Do you feel energised after a big night out, or completely exhausted? Like, is your head spinning with ideas, are you excited, replaying everything that happened, or inclined to collapse on your bed straight away (like me).

INFPs are not party animals. ENFPs on the other hand...if they find their clique...

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm Im kind of an Ambiavert. I can be really social when I need to be but I need time alone.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you tend to explore first, keeping an open mind. Or do you find yourself struck with gut reactions to things as right and wrong first. Both types have both tendencies, but ENFP leads with an exploratory mindset backed by convictions, while INFP leads with their convictions backed by exploration.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Likely ENFP. We often confuse ourselves with INFPs because of our need to be alone from time to time.
Just ask people if they perceive you as outgoing and fun or rather as kind and reserved.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you tend to explore first, keeping an open mind. Or do you find yourself struck with gut reactions to things as right and wrong first. Both types have both tendencies, but ENFP leads with an exploratory mindset backed by convictions, while INFP leads with their convictions backed by exploration.

What if they're more or less equal?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What if they're more or less equal?

according to socionics, this is how your first and second functions play out.

Function 1 – leading, program, primary, base, or dominant function. This is the strongest conscious function, and the most utilized function of the psyche. A person's outlook and role in life is largely determined by the nature of this function. One is generally very confident in the use of this function, and may defend it when challenged. According to Bukalov, this is 4D function.

Function 2 – creative or secondary function, is second in influence only to the dominant function. It assists the dominant function in achieving its essence. One is generally less confident with the use of this function than with his dominant function. As a result, the creative function is sometimes less instrumental when a person is challenged or threatened, or when dealing with new and complex tasks and data. According to Bukalov, this function is 3D, or time invariant, because it produces something new which may never exist before.

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm go check out the links in my signature. They're my Johari/Nohari things

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, so uh I'm kinda reserved when I meet people who want to be friends with me but if someone needs help I'll go up to them and help. Also if they hurt my friends. I actually can be quite confrontational when I need to be, and if they get up in my face, I'm
Not scared.