• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would your friends, family, and coworkers type you?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
My dad says I'm an INTJ
My mom agrees with me
My friends would type me as an ENTP

- - - Updated - - -

Are you an INTJ?

I tested as such, but the psychologist administering the test said I was more likely an INFJ.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I tested as such, but the psychologist administering the test said I was more likely an INFJ.

You said they said you're INTJ ISTP and INFJ
3/3 Introverted
2/3 Intuitive
2/3 Thinking
2/3 Judging

That's how I concluded INTJ.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
You said they said you're INTJ ISTP and INFJ
3/3 Introverted
2/3 Intuitive
2/3 Thinking
2/3 Judging

That's how I concluded INTJ.

I see how you arrived at your conclusion and I appreciate you for sharing your thoughts, but it doesn't quite work that way, because there are so many unknown variables left out of the equation. For example, you and I have barely interacted. You only know me from a few posts here and I gave no indication as to how many people I talked to about my type about or who thought what or the validity of their credentials, etc.

I would be thrilled to claim any of those three types, but I think it only fair that I explain why I think people see me as those types.

ISTP-People who only know me in the martial arts world or are friends of the family, or co-workers, see me this way. Why? I believe it us because I have two ISTP siblings and two ESTP siblings. Needless to say, I speak STP language almost like a native, almost. Since childhood, I've engaged in Se activities and am pretty in-tune with the world around me. I am also a little bit of a physical daredevil and always have been. I am very adventuresome and for the most part, fearless. I take risks, but they're calculated risks. I've thus far, never been seriously injured. My ESTP brother, however, has been hospitalized numerous times for injuries. I know I'm not a true ISTP, because of the fact that no matter how "good" my Se appears on the surface, it's still my weakest function. Please keep in mind that STPs and INFJs share the same functions and an INFJ that walks into bear dens, knife fights, plays with swords, tears down barns, uses a chain saw, etc., might be seen, by those who don't know him/her, as an ISTP, but underneath the mask, there is an INFJ, that only shows his/her true self to those they can truly trust.

INTJ--My family full of STs see me as...and I'm using their words here....calm, laid-back, calculating, logical, stubborn and "too" intelligent. My siblings literally call me "the mastermind" and they think I'm an INTJ, but my closest friend is an INTJ male and I can see the difference in us and it is that he uses Fi and I rarely do. He knows exactly how he wants to bring his ideas into reality (Te) and how he feels about stuff but is not so in tune with how it will go over with others. On the other hand, I know how it's going to go over with others even before I know how I feel about it personally. In fact, I know how others feel about things more easily than I know how I feel about them. My family doesn't understand MBTI so they assume that because I'm a "brainiac" as they say, that I must be an INTJ. It's a misconception that INFJs are somehow less intelligent. Our intelligence is just disguised.

INFJ--When I took the test with a psychologist, I initially got a score that indicated I was an INTJ. But the psychologist said that my demeanor was warm and that my writing style was more indicative of an INFJ. He went on to say that it was not uncommon for INTJs and INFJs to mistype as each other on test.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everyone would type me as ISTP without a doubt.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My family - IxTx (that part I know for sure)
My colleagues, friends and close friends - ExTX

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Couldn't get any of my family really interested.

But my mum thought INTP for me...which is ridiculous. But I think it would depend upon how much the person knows of the theory and if you are showing descriptions, whether those are of functions or types as a whole and who wrote them.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
The close friends would think ENFP. Any teachers/other peers would think INFP. My family thought INFP, but about a year ago I suggested that ENFP was a possibility.
Basically, anyone in my circle thinks I'm definitely extroverted. Outside of that circle, they would guess otherwise.
One time a friend guessed ESFP.

Nobody knows about the Enneagram. If they did, though, I think they would definitely see 4. My 4 is probably more obvious than MBTI, especially extroversion/introversion. (Of course, I'm saying that from my subjective viewpoint.)

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I've only had 2 friends type me before, they both said INFJ, though one had said ESTJ and ISTP much earlier.
Another good friend who doesn't know about mbti to my knowledge but is interested in psychology and always analyzing people's character would likely peg me as a socially repressed ENTJ based on his feedback.
Yet another friend who I don't feel that comfortable around and therefore act somewhat out of character around would probably say ISFP or ISFJ if he ever gave a shit about mbti, which I can't picture lol.
My family, no idea. Maybe INTP or INFP depending on which member you ask.