• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you ignore?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Just a short thread and a title, inspired by a "inkstain" psychometric test I stumbled upon years ago. One of the questions asked - did you ignore any parts of the whole to decide upon an interpretation?

As insignificant as it may seem, today I hold that to great significance. I'm thinking myself, what do I ignore from the whole to make my interpretation of the whole?

By the whole, I mean my total experience as a human.

I guess I'm ignoring some of the details, some of the inner meaning and some of the emotional content of the whole. It varies. It doesn't mean I ignore everything of the said indiscriminately. I'd say I ignore them at will. I'd say I ignore bad emotions at will..

but.. details are different. I never, ever, never ignore details willfully, as in, "this detail tells all my theories are wrong, so I dismiss it". That never happens. Rather, details reign over theory, for me. Rather, I sometimes think - "this detail doesn't add to any of my theories, nor does it throw any of my theories off balance, so I'll just dismiss it".

So what do I ignore? I guess, bad emotions, and useless details.

What do you ignore from your total experience as a human to make up your world?

heart

heart on fire
Commercials, Hollywood gossip and all the other white noise that people around me are always trying to bring to my attention as if it were important.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't think I ignore anything.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Facts and details.

But they are not always unimportant, as I've learned through some hard lessons over the years.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
If I ignore something would I know I ignore it?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I tend to only notice things that are important to what needs to be done at the moment, object wise. So their could be a huge mess but if it's not important to what's going on a won't notice. Now sounds bug me unless I'm hyper focus a low hum will drive me nuts. I can't ignore sounds I still jump when I hear siren or a horn..