• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I met an ISFP today, but thought she was INTJ.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe you saw two different facets of a person's personality.. ?

Maybe...
We had logical philosophical discussion as well as some intense emotional discussion.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Maybe...
We had logical philosophical discussion as well as some intense emotional discussion.

Yeah this would never happen with an INTJ. Certainly not the crying with a total stranger.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It happens. People sometimes think I'm an INTJ myself. Hell, sometimes, even I think I'm an INTJ myself.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah this would never happen with an INTJ. Certainly not the crying with a total stranger.
I am amazed at how deeply she understands things and all of these symbols and underlying meanings she sees in the world. I don't see symbols as well. I just see a bunch of possibilities and pick the best (most interesting/most productive) one from the bunch.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I deal with systems every day. When applying them to real-world situations, the more complex and 'extensive' they get with regard to real-world complex information (people), the more you have to work at shoe-horning your expectations into it. Face reading is the equivalent to what we call in my industry as 'bad code smell'.

Code smell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Poking around that site led to some other interesting links. Thank you.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
ISFP & INTJ are the two most introverted types and the most likely to be loners.
She was probably awkward because of lack of social experience.
Her strong spirituality should have been a big clue that she's not an INTJ.
INTJ have the greatest percentage of atheists, so we're probably the least spiritual type.
I'm strongly atheist. My spirituality is between slim & none.
I do have a lot in common with ISFP's though.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
I don't think it's easy to confuse them.

As for how to spot an ISFP, I have only met one ISFP in real life. Pretty sure she is an ISFP because she is so similar yet so different from me.
Similarities: The first time I met her, we have an instant friendship click with each other. There is no awkward silence or everything, everything feels really comfortable, like I have met a kindred spirit. We would go into a deep conversation with each other and tell each other about our personal lives, and we both tend to dislike things like small talks
Differences: She is more gullible than me lol. When people tell her something, she believes their words immediately. When people tell me something, I always try to see whether they are being serious, joking, or lying. Her auxiliary Se also makes her very blunt and insensitive at times, which rubs me the wrong way sometimes since Se is in my shadow function