• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What function is this?

Cygnus

So what function is responsible for a tendency to make huge, sweeping, generalizing rules for everything on the spot? That sound like rules, but are really unintentionally exaggerated and trying to get across a correllation, relationship, point? Sounding really concrete and hyperbolic but intended to show a model?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So what function is responsible for a tendency to make huge, sweeping, generalizing rules for everything on the spot? That sound like rules, but are really unintentionally exaggerated and trying to get across a correllation, relationship, point? Sounding really concrete and hyperbolic but intended to show a model?

I don't know, but let me know when you find out because it sounds a lot like mi padre.

Jaguar

So, you want to take a function and make a sweeping generalization about it on the spot. I'll get back to you on that.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think that might be Ni throwing caution to the wind. Because no function operating properly would do that.

In real life, I've noticed that sometimes Se users do that when talking about abstract things. It might be inferior Ni talking through dominant Se. That's where you would get the concrete part, anyway.

Cygnus

So, you want to take a function and make a sweeping generalization about it on the spot. I'll get back to you on that.

Find me one constructive post by you in your entire history on this site and I'll take your word for it.

Jaguar

Find me one constructive post by you in your entire history on this site and I'll take your word for it.

Cygnus

No, I wanted a detailed analysis, one that accounts for all extenuating circumstances and includes all factors.

Also -- constructive doesn't mean only whining about something you find incompetent. It also includes offering a solution, which you have never done.

Jaguar

No, I wanted a detailed analysis, one that accounts for all extenuating circumstances and includes all factors.

I want.
I want.
I want.

You are capable of doing some work on your own are you not? Then go do it. Trying to take every little behavior people exhibit and thinking it's a function means you are way off the mark. Accept the real possibility that you are exhibiting the very same behavior you're trying to blame on a function. So, rephrase your thread: What function is responsible for my own behavior of which I am completely oblivious? At least then it will be truthful.

Cygnus

I want.
I want.
I want.

You are capable of doing some work on your own are you not? Then go do it. Trying to take every little behavior people exhibit and thinking it's a function means you are way off the mark. Accept the real possibility that you are exhibiting the very same behavior you're trying to blame on a function. So, rephrase your thread: What function is responsible for my own behavior of which I am completely oblivious? At least then it will be truthful.

The whole reason I attributed this behavior to a function in the first place is because I exhibit it. This is something I do and I'm trying to functionally explain it.

Jaguar

The whole reason I attributed this behavior to a function in the first place is because I exhibit it. This is something do and I'm trying to functionally explain it.

Correction: Blame it.

Then you won't have to do anything about it. It's the function's fault!

Cygnus

Correction: Blame it.

No, because other people of types I've been pegged as in the past say this fundamental way of thinking/speaking is alien to them. Because I want to conclusively and accurately type myself.

Because I want to discuss typology instead of bitching about how everyone else is such a weeny little baby who has no ambition and how honest and frank I am while I waste half my life being a nuisance on a forum where they're trying to get their honest questions answered.

Talk about MBTI or GTFO.

Jaguar

No, because other people [...] say this fundamental way of thinking/speaking is alien to them. Because I want to conclusively and accurately type myself.
Because I want to discuss typology instead of bitching about how everyone else is such a weeny little baby who has no ambition and how honest and frank I am while I waste half my life being a nuisance on a forum where they're trying to get their honest questions answered.

Talk about MBTI or GTFO.

"Other people say" X, Y, or Z . . . so it must be true? Come on now, you can do better than that. And you did get your question answered, but you don't want to see it. To make huge, sweeping generalizations on the spot is what someone does without any critical thinking. I consider it reckless; a compete lack of thinking things through. It is not the definition of any function. And if you want the definitions of functions there is more than enough resources for you to peruse using Google.

No one has to agree with your posts, or tell you what you want to hear, just so you feel better about yourself. It's a discussion forum. And posts that bump up against yours are part of the package.
On a side note - try not to get yourself banned again. You show little self-control in your posting.

Btw, the MBTI is merely an indicator of possible types arrived at through the utilization of dichotomies. This thread has nothing to do with the MBTI.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think "sweeping generalizations" are caused by any specific function. It's just what happens when you allow bias to take over and drown out objectivity. We generalize in order to feel like we understand the world around us. But that's just one step away from making unfounded assumptions based on only a few past experiences. Any type can be guilty of this.