• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Psychological Trap

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay if you claim that learning about type causes people to act according to their type. How would you explain the fact that after i learned about type, i have grown to be much less like a stereotypical INTP?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
only a cultist would claim that mbti was a cult so we could be free and be brainwashed by the desenter thus by default join their cult

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I give a detailed history and analysis of mbti it invariably gets relegated to The Graveyard where it can't be read by most who come to Typology Central.

This is the behaviour of those who identify with mbti as an institution and so naturally they seek to protect the reputation of mbti.

And interestingly when I analyse the history of mbti the response is personal attacks on myself.

So when I impune the reputation of mbti, they impune my reputation in turn.

The intellect is not met by the intellect but by ad hominem attacks.

You aren't providing intellect.
You are receiving responses equivalent to the level of actual argument/discourse you are providing.
Which is pretty much nada.

When you've actually provided a real discussion (I've seen it happen on occasion, and it was wonderful)
people have engaged you.

And we've had this discussion over.
And over.
And over.
And over.

I am quite sure that you already recognize this, considering your level of intelligence.

But now I led to believe that
perhaps
since I do not come around as much as I used to
you find me such a scintillating conversation partner that you bait me so that I might engage you.
Repeatedly.

This way that you might have the pleasure of my company.
And me yours.

Amirite?
Or amirite?

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I spat coffee on myself when he said that MBTI induces a trance. I can safely say that I've never experienced this phenomenon. Anybody else?
That's exactly what they want you to think. :evilgenius:

Mole

Permabanned
Trance Design

That's exactly what they want you to think. :evilgenius:

A trance can be induced by any repetition.

In trance parts of our critical mind go to sleep and parts of our imaginative mind wakes up.

We can design particular trances for particular purposes depending on what parts of the critical mind go to sleep and what parts of the imaginative mind wake up.

To learn how to be a trance designer a good place to start is Trance: From Magic to Technology by Dennis R. Wier.

And interestingly, one of the ways out of psychological traps, like addiction or a cult, is by learning to design our own trances.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A trance can be induced by any repetition.
Ah - so that's why you keep posting the same things over and over and over.

Is it working yet?

Mole

Permabanned
Ah - so that's why you keep posting the same things over and over and over.

Is it working yet?

It's true, dear Coriolis, I do seek to entrance you. But perhaps you are the best person to answer the question.

Do I entrance you enough for a reply? Do I entrance you enough for many replies? I think you are the best to answer these questions.

And going a bit deeper, do I entrance you enough to think of me when you are not on Typology Central?

Do I entrance you enough to discuss me with others?

And right up to this very moment, do I entrance you enough to reply to this post?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
.............Say what?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's true, dear Coriolis, I do seek to entrance you. But perhaps you are the best person to answer the question.

Do I entrance you enough for a reply? Do I entrance you enough for many replies? I think you are the best to answer these questions.

And going a bit deeper, do I entrance you enough to think of me when you are not on Typology Central?

Do I entrance you enough to discuss me with others?

And right up to this very moment, do I entrance you enough to reply to this post?
Yes, no, no, no, yes.

OK?