• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Need To Hate

Do you "need things to hate"?

• Fe dom - no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Te dom - yes

• Ti dom - yes

• Ne dom - yes

• Ni dom - yes

• Se dom - yes

• Se dom - no

• Si dom - yes

• Si dom - no

• Total voters

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Nah I never hate....wait a minute:

I hate sex, it's scary and weird to me.

All that teaches you is to hate humanity (which isn't so bad) and how to work on other tills.

Women don't hate me. A woman might hate me and I might hate a woman, but I won't hate a women because a women is too many to hate over a woman.

Oh nooo.

But there's more:

I hate laughter tracks....

I hate myself so much, I really do.

And I still hate it myself.

Looks like I hate and have a need to.

Probably stems from projections in fear of ones own ability to succeed while simultaneously obsessing over neurosis after neurosis under/as well as the premise of attention seeking in order to solve issues in yourself. With one of the bigger problems being that there is real evidence that confirms the hatreds and the issues are stemming from the individual and are wholly that individual's fault.

Cygnus

Peace is starvation. Contentment is prison. Synergy is slavery. Tolerance is submission.

Hell yes, I love hating things. I remember I used to stand up on tables and yell "I hate this!!" and "Carthage must be destroyed!!" yada-yada yammering rhetoric because I desperately desired to unite the people against some (nonexistent) common enemy just as an excuse to cause chaos and revolt. Never worked.

If you have nothing to oppose, you have no target on which to focus.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't have strong enough convictions to lead me to hate very much. Deriding, though, isn't off the table.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know. I'd rather be defined by what I love than what I hate. BUT I do have a short fuse and get easily irritated.

The closest analogy for me would be missing things to feel sad/blue/melancholy about when life is easy and pleasant and sunny. So yeah, I guess it may well be an enneagram thing.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Sometimes the need to hate things is a way to purge repressed anger (which I believe is e1's thing?). There's a defense mechanism called displacement- one of the ways it manifests is when we can't bear negative feelings we have towards someone (to acknowledge the feeling threatens our security in some way, it's not 'safe' to feel it), we direct that energy at another source (another person, or ideas, objects, etc).

I've done this myself, displaced excessive anger/hatred/disgust towards objects as a way to avoid feeling any hostility towards people I'm close to. Once I really, really hated an Amish quilt my ex's mom sent us for Christmas one year- stuff like that. It's clear to me in retrospect- distance makes it a lot easier for me to know who/what the anger was really about- but it wasn't clear to me at the time.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't how someone WOULDN'T like people and things, and just be upset, disappointed, and disgusted by absolutely everything. There has to be some good to be found in at least some things.

I can only honestly say I hate a few people I know. And I would beat the shit out of them if given the opportunity, but I might still feel guilty. I don't know.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I can only honestly say I hate a few people I know. And I would beat the shit out of them if given the opportunity, but I might still feel guilty. I don't know.

I hate one person. And I certainly would beat the shit out of them, if I had the chance. I know I wouldn't feel guilty. I didn't let go of the hate for this person or forgive and I have no intention of doing so. I do keep it on an apathetic level most of the time so I don't think about it much.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nope, more than anything if I feel like I hate something I have to question why I do. But yeah can't relate at all, I don't need to hate stuff.

This. Exactly this.