• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are Introverts Energized By Solitude?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
give me a second, i have to look up recluse

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ah "Der Einsiedler" the recluse.

Well, noone is a recluse. Until he/she or its environment makes him/her so

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I guess in the end, there can't be anyone, logically spoken, who can take our solitude away from us.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I disagree. I've had solitude eaten alive by drip of water in total silence.

heart

heart on fire
My husband's family are LOUD, invasive and totally clueless. I met them the day before the wedding, whadda shock! :shock:

They are the kind of people who have the TV on ALL the time, at full volume and then sit there shouting at each other to be heard over it. If they want to change the conversation, they just start talking over you, louder than ever.

Then they come to my house and complain that it is "too quiet"

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My husband's family are LOUD, invasive and totally clueless. I met them the day before the wedding, whadda shock! :shock:

They are the kind of people who have the TV on ALL the time, at full volume and then sit there shouting at each other to be heard over it. If they want to change the conversation, they just start talking over you, louder than ever.

That description makes my fur stand on end.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

--------

That text you added, it wasnt there before xD

heart

heart on fire

--------

That text you added, it wasnt there before xD

My posts are "living posts.":D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
pretty ambitious for an introvert xD

I am running out of energy here, I am feeling drained

So now, one last great thing and after that, I am going to open the whiskey

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ok the second is over and now I go. But before I go I will give away my secret.

I just posted here because, when I post, the title on the main page says:

"Are introverts energized by.. entropie"

Made a screenshot of that. I hope it to be not that wrong. Otherwise we can start again to put people into classes and such things xD

gn8

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
"Are introverts energized by.. entropie"

I would say yes. Going to job interview and I'm too damn tired, but reading this through made me stay awake long enough to drink my coffee.

:run:

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
I need my alone time to, but I agree with people who say "energize" is not the best word. I think I would say renewed or refreshed.

Dealing with other people elevates my adrenaline level. Even if it is enjoyable interaction, I can only handle so much of this elevated andrenaline. It wears me out.

Being alone renews my calm and inner peace. The adrenaline can disapate. I feel more grounded, centered.

I think I feel energized in sense being alone, but it is a type of calm energy. I have creative energy and mental energy.

It is hard to put into words but there seem to be different types of energy: social energy (going out, interacting with others), physical energy (dancing, sports, exercise), creative energy (making things), mental energy (reading, writing, research). When people talk about energy or being energized that often refers to the first two, but most of my energy is for the second two.

Ilah

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
It is hard to put into words but there seem to be different types of energy: social energy (going out, interacting with others), physical energy (dancing, sports, exercise), creative energy (making things), mental energy (reading, writing, research). When people talk about energy or being energized that often refers to the first two, but most of my energy is for the second two.

Ilah

This totally makes sense to me. I am an introvert but I love being around people. I realize now though, the things I like to do WITH people don't actually require a whole lot of interaction: Dancing, bowling, watching TV, going to the movies, taking walks, going to the beach and swimming, taking trips, exercising etc. Hmm.