• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverted and Extroverted dating preferences.

Which is you in regards to dating and attraction?

• I'm an extravert, and prefer introverts

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I'm an extravert, and prefer extraverts.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I'm an introvert, and prefer extraverts.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I'm an introvert and prefer introverts.

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been astounded in my recent online dating experiments (ahem, experiences) that majority of people who reach out to me are introverted-- clearly this at least in part because it's computer related, but I still wonder how many introverts are not interested in their own kind and visa versa.

Vote away! I did not add a "both" option intentionally. Also, I spelled "extrovert" wrong in the poll, if you know how to edit it let me know!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
introvert-lovin extrovert reporting!

qKPQS7J.gif

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Historically, I've dated more extroverts than introverts. I think I tend to be drawn to ambiverted extroverts.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an introvert who generally prefers introverts, but I could handle a low-key extrovert (like possibly an ENFJ)... I just can't handle an average or high-end extrovert.

Friends? Yeah, that part is very cool. But not an LTR... I'd pass out within a week or be hiding in a closet.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extravert (<--- totally legit spelling) who is historically attracted to extraverts. I think I've been shifting my preference lately, I had been in a long relationship with a painfully introverted INFP and am mostly likely now getting out of my push-back phase.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Extroverts. They tend to engage me more and can keep up with my energy. I tend to get impatient with introverts and just end up ditching them once the conversation starts to get too mellow. :D

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just wanna add that I've had great relationships with extroverts before. I definitely don't require that a partner be an introvert, but I do tend toward them.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I almost always date people similar to myself.. so introverts, but not always.

Extroverts. They tend to engage me more and can keep up with my energy. I tend to get impatient with introverts and just end up ditching them once the conversation starts to get too mellow. :D

:dry:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
less introverted than me, but not too extroverted either.

something perfectly in the middle would be nice :)

Evastover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends on whether I'm on an upswing or a downswing. For instance, sometimes I need to expel a lot of energy and an extrovert can handle that a bit better.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, I'm a pretty low-key extravert, like I don't have that oft mentioned ENFP thing where I need to fight for the spotlight. I'd do fine with a high-energy one if they're content sometimes to run around me in circles while I chill-out. And I'd require an occasionally adventurous introvert.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, I'm a pretty low-key extravert, like I don't have that oft mentioned ENFP thing where I need to fight for the spotlight. I'd do fine with a high-energy one if they're content sometimes to run around me in circles while I chill-out. And I'd require an occasionally adventurous introvert.
^ Same. I'm fine with dating introverts when they aren't terribly hermit-like. I've got lots of hermit-like introvert friends, but with BFs I'd have the reverse of [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION]'s problem and start getting stir-crazy.

e.g. I have a lovely INFJ friend who some of my other friends think I need to find "the guy version" of, but I'm pretty sure the above scenario would play out almost immediately.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've got lots of hermit-like introvert friends, but with BFs I'd have the reverse of [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION]'s problem and start getting stir-crazy.

Yes, stir-crazy that's the word! This is one of the main problems I encounter even with introverted friends. I typically need a lot more external stimulation than they do.

á´…eparted

passages
I need an extrovert. I have trouble reading or understanding where introverts are at, and at times getting them to express their thoughts or feelings in detail is worse than pulling teeth. It frustrates me to no end. Friends would be fine, but not a relationship.

Extroverts end up making me feel like I have "permission" to be myself because they freely share their thoughts and opinions so I can adjust and learn accordingly. We also feedback loop each other to be active. I get bored and antsy if all we do is sit around (talking or not).

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Introverts. They don't suffocate me, and they still can behave pretty much like extraverts when they get in confidence.
Since I was a kid I've been looking for the introvert. I felt that extraverts had enough people to feel loved. And I wanted to help introverts like me to feel less alone instead.
And I couldn't stand all the social life and needs much.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an introvert. Had relationships with both introverts & extroverts - so needless to say, I'm attracted to both. I'm inclined to say that I have a higher overall attraction to Thinking vs Feeling types; this preference is more distinct for me than an I/E divide.

Needless to say, I didn't feel as though any options on the poll were applicable to me. :shrug: