• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] childhood type descriptions

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i relate more to the ENP child than IFP. pieces of both apply, but i really wasn't all that sensitive as a child.

same... that's really weird. you'd think we would be more INFP as a child than as an adult? or mabye we are ENFPs that have lost our way?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISJ fit me quite well. I didn't like school tough. I mean I turned in all my assignments on time, and I legit only forgot one a year. But I hated school because I didn't fully grasp how learning this stuff could help me. I just did the work so I wouldn't get in trouble. Another thing that I attribute to being an ISTJ is my ability to the rules and having the best strategy for breaking rules when they did not agree with my desires.

I think I daydreamed more than the description implies though.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
same... that's really weird. you'd think we would be more INFP as a child than as an adult? or mabye we are ENFPs that have lost our way?

the usual narrative is people being shy children and coming out of their shell as an adult, so it's strange to do the opposite of that. i've definitely considered that I'm a depressed or low energy ENFP but I'm sticking with INFP.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the usual narrative is people being shy children and coming out of their shell as an adult, so it's strange to do the opposite of that. i've definitely considered that I'm a depressed or low energy ENFP but I'm sticking with INFP.

yep and when i talk to certain people i can talk for hours... mabye we are ENFPs that have lost their confidence? i was viciously bullied in high school.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate

I have traits of both ITP and ENP, which whatalways happens to me in tests, I have too much Ne. My parents said I was like an earthquake when I was a child, also very social, though I always liked dark corners to play alone and disliked people interrupting me with "boring stuff". I considered being a highly depressed ENTP, but I'm also sticking with INTP.

Rouskyrie

I can relate to all of them a little, but the EFJ description is the only one I can relate to 100%.

HoneyBlossom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can't relate 100% but i relate IFP and INJ but kind of related ISJ, ITP and ETJ

Last edited:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
from most to least related...

INJ
IFP
ENP
EFJ
ESP
ISJ
ETJ

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Strangely, ETJ and IFP mixed together sound like me as a child.

Child: ETJ>IFP
Adult: IFP>ETJ

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was probably a mix of IFP and ISJ.

I was very adaptable and most things from IFP, but I didn't have issues with procrastinating/not following through, never had issues with time management, was dependable, a good student. Probably some of that was acquired due to having two stricter ISJ parents. Also, I had a strong desire to do well and was very conflict avoidant, thus wanted to avoid getting into trouble or doing poorly.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was very much ENP. Though IFP fits to a lesser degree, I was not really all that sensitive. I was at times and could get frustrated very easily and was rather consistently anxious (the latter deals with GAD, which I believe I developed at a very early age). Thinking of the way the IFPs I have gotten to know have demonstrated sensitivity (albeit not in childhood), it's clear to me that mine is not on the same level.

For me, I stared life being very social and talkative. Then, I just sort of shut down at about the time I entered puberty. I think it had to do with being rejected by my peers and others frequently. I'm pretty sure I unconsciously saw Ne as a bad thing.

In my late teens, I opened up a bit more. I would call myself an extrovert in the end, but a withdrawn one. My extroversion lies more in the realm of ideas and possibilities in the external world. I'm pretty easy going and friendly, but I do think there is a more reserved, contemplative side. A friend of mine who believes in reincarnation says that I am an old soul. I think that if reincarnation is real, I likely have been around for a very long time.