• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] childhood type descriptions

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've found archived descriptions of the different types (originally from the Personality Page site):

INJ

IFP

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISJ

ITP

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENP

ESP

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EFJ

ETJ

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i relate more to the ENP child than IFP. pieces of both apply, but i really wasn't all that sensitive as a child.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I relate more to IFP than INJ. :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I asked my mom to evaluate it and she didn't feel ENP that much, and she said EFJ seemed a lot more like how I was as a kid.

:greatscott:

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
damn...i'm such an etj...when i was a lil twirp i would ask why a thousand times day. My aunt had to tell me if I kept asking why things happen my tongue would fall off to get me to shut up.

the thing is i also had the best imagination in my entire grade and won the art contest every year for picking my symbols strategically.

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both ITJ and ITP ring true for me. I guess being only about 20% Perceiving is responsible for that. :newwink:

Evastover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm... IFP is mostly there, but not quite.

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
Is it really necessary to split them based on what the first function is supposed to be? Saying you can't determine most kid's second function til 13 is complete bunk, I've been strongly INP ever since I can remember. My brother was obviously EXTP since he was young too. And based on what I've read from others, most people don't have too much trouble determining types of young kids (or if they do have problems, it's not necessarily caused by confusion over second function). Not sure why profiles specifically for kids are needed either.

Evastover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about ISJ?

I looked over the description a couple times and it seems to describe me a little bit but

- I've always been horrible at keeping any sort of routine. I'd go to bed at either 6 in the morning or 9 at night depending on my mood.

- I've never been very aware of bodily cues, especially as a child. I'd never notice I was tired until I was ready to pass out, I'd always eat until I had a tummy ache, never noticed if I was too cold, etc... I generally had no sense of moderation, and neither of my parents were very structured either so I was sorta all over the place :p

- I was generally pretty creative (I think). I was constantly making up stories, drawing pictures, figuring out new ways to do things (like making a pulley on a two-story play house so I could get heavy things up without having to climb the ladder with something in my hands). I was never much for team sports; Er, until I was about 11, I used to tell adults that "I do not play well with others". Actually, I used to hide in trees to get away from people ._. I also had lots of imaginary friends... who I sometimes still talk to...

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Serious" would not be one of the first words I would use to describe myself as a child. There were many times when I was far more playful and goofy than most other kids. Nor was I especially adult for my age. And it was very clear from an early age that I had a preference for both Intuition and Feeling. My preference for Feeling has gotten less clear as I've aged, not more clear. The rest of it is largely true but so generic that I think far more people than INJs would relate to it.

Now that I've skimmed through the other descriptions, I think IFP describes me about equally well as a child, and EFJ is not too far off either. And I'm as sure of my type as it's humanly possible to be. I think it's a case in point of why you should avoid using these types of profiles to choose your type.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I related almost 100% to the IFP as to how i was a kid.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISJ was decent (except for the "conservative and traditional" part--ew). Though it's a little too serious. :p I could be very rambunctious and annoying and goofy when I was with friends... but at school or around people I didn't know, I was a pure angel, very polite and respecting and shy. Also I never really did my homework and had bad grades until high school when I became a perfectionist. And I have always been terrible with money. But I was definitely cautious, reserved, and very easily affected by even minor changes. They upset me a lot. I was very strongly Si (still am). I was also very unorganized back then until I got a bit older. Overall, okay description though. The Learning Style, especially, was pretty accurate for me.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp