• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Instinctual Variants

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The so and sp were sooo close.

But according to the test I'm sx/so.

My friend is convinced I'm an sp because I'm so in tune with myself but as a 4who is obsessed with identity and self discovery, of course I'm in tune with myself!

Your friend isn't quite understanding. The instincts don't really regard what you know, they regard what you want. Being "in tune with yourself" basically implies that you really know yourself. That's not what Self-Preservation is about.

Self-Preservation is more about having a drive to seek psychological security. I emphasize physchological security, because some types have a very strange way of seeking this "security". For instance, Self-Preservational Eights like to prove that they are tough, often by doing dangerous things that a "tough" person would do, and shrugging off pain(physical and emotional). That might not seem very secure to you, but in their minds, it makes them feel stronger, and in that way, it provides them with a sense of security. Following so far?

Again: Nothing about knowing yourself implies Self-Preservation.

ETA: Clutches of the arcade? Lol people here like to spy on me.

Well... I was wondering where you were while we were taking over your thread. :whistling:

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I knew something was off about that...I'm sure there are other sx/so types that are really in tune with themselves.

And yeah I was following; that all made perfect sense.

Thanks.