• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fantasy and Damaged Psyches

Mole

Permabanned
Mbti is based on fantasy and so naturally attracts damaged psyches.

The damaged psyche typically presents a false self to the world.

And so naturally we find that many present false selves on Central.

And interestingly it is considered bad manners to draw attention to, or to expose, a false self on Central.

By contrast a well run encounter group will not tolerate a false self, and insists that we try to integrate our psyche.

So mbti panders to damaged psyches.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you implying we're all damaged goods?

...Yeah, I won't argue with you there.

Your constant attempts to convert the masses, however, seem to be an exercise in futility.

Cygnus

Liars, whether weak or strong in psyche, present false faces day by day as a stepping stone to power.

Some people, being damaged in psyche, are disillusioned with the lying world around them, and cast aside the facades of others as fakes, showing only their true faces.

Others, though not damaged in psyche, show their true faces out of idealistic honesty, or simply out of disposition.

The psychopathic, damaged in psyche, have no face to show but a false one, which they flaunt day by day in inordinate proportions to overindulge on all the power they can suck down their gullets.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The topic of fantasy and its role in the psyche is interesting. Some more questions:

How can fantasy, especially imagined selves, be healthy? If they can be.

How can they hurt a person?

How much fantasy is excessive, and what does overdoing fantasy indicate in a person?

What does it mean if a person uses fantasy much less than normal?

á´…eparted

passages
Oh look, Mole is calling everyone on this forum shitty undeveloped peons, and he's clearly superior to all of us! How cute.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think you are actually making a great point about false selves on forums.

Mole

Permabanned
The Cruel Sea

Your constant attempts to convert the masses, however, seem to be an exercise in futility.

I am keeping my head above the waves of a choppy and confused sea, sometimes a wave catches me in the mouth and I choke, but I spit it out, take a deep breath, and take up arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them. Grey/green eyes as level as a foot rule, with wrinkles at the corners—the product of humour and of twenty years' staring at a thousand horizons and the cruel sea.

á´…eparted

passages

Oh he knows it's futile, he doesn't care. He revels in stirring the pot and ticking people off.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if that's the case, I must go eat the brains of my dissidents k brb lol kthnx bye

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Anyone interested in reading about the validity of the dichotomy-centric side of the MBTI — and about several other issues often raised by people claiming to "debunk" the MBTI — will find a lengthy two-post discussion starting here, and further discussion of the scientific respectability of the MBTI in this post (also linked to in the first linked post).

Mole owes Isabel Myers an apology, not the other way round.

Mole

Permabanned
The topic of fantasy and its role in the psyche is interesting. Some more questions:

How can fantasy, especially imagined selves, be healthy? If they can be.

How can they hurt a person?

How much fantasy is excessive, and what does overdoing fantasy indicate in a person?

What does it mean if a person uses fantasy much less than normal?

The work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

And learning to distinguish between fantasy and reality is an important life task.

However some us are only able to partially complete our life tasks, and so we are left with a partially completed psyche.

As adults we still long to complete our life tasks and so we regress in the hope of finally completely our all important life tasks, in this case learning to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

Unfortunately such regression doesn't work but we keep on trying, and after a while it becomes compulsive.

In this case we regress to fantasy, we find it satisfies a need, and is comforting, but because it doesn't work, we must keep repeating it over and over.

This is why the fantasy of mbti is so popular.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

And interestingly it is considered bad manners to draw attention to, or to expose, a false self on Central.

By contrast a well run encounter group will not tolerate a false self, and insists that we try to integrate our psyche.

Oh good.
I'm going to be an elf.
Because I like them, as far as false (s)elves go.

1594374-bigthumbnail.jpg

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
Watch lights fade from every room.
Bedsitter people look back and lament,
Another day's useless energy spent.
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son,
Senior citizens wish they were young.
Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white.
But we decide which is right.
And which is an illusion

The work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

And learning to distinguish between fantesy and reality is an important life task.

However some us are only able to partially complete our life tasks, and so we are left with a partially completed psyche.

As adults we still long to complete our life tasks and so we regress in the hope of finally completely our all important life tasks, in this case learning to distinguish between fantesy and reality.

Unfortunately such regression doesn't work but we keep on trying, and after a while it becomes compulsive.

In this case we regress to fantesy, we find it satisfies a need, and is comforting, but because it doesn't work, we must keep repeating it over and over.

This is why the fantesy of mbti is so popular.

I honestly get the impression you take MBTI far more seriously than many others here do.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Anyone without a wound is a child. I mean we have an inner child but to be an adult we must have some sort of wound which lasts our entire lives. We can't be whole until we have this wound. It's ancient secret knowledge passed down to me on an ancient scroll pinned to my wall by a five pointed Chinese star thrown by a ninja-philosophy-zen-master-sage.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's ancient secret knowledge passed down to me on an ancient scroll pinned to my wall by a five pointed Chinese star thrown by a ninja-philosophy-zen-master-sage.
Your life sounds awesome.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
There once was a member named Mikey
Whose EEG readings were spiky.
It seems he was high
On the MBTI
'Cause of damage deep down in his psyche.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
There once was a member named Mikey
Whose EEG readings were spiky.
It seems he was high
On the MBTI
'Cause of damage deep down in his psyche.

A poetical side to reckful. Cool...I love seeing the new sides of forum members I didn't know existed.

Mole

Permabanned
Typology Central recruits school children. Even the brains of school children are not fully grown until 22 years of age. But many if not most school children want to be grown up when they are not. So they adopt a false self that pretends to be grown up.

This false self of many school children here is shallow and fragile and a conscious construction, held together by the immature ego.

This false self tries to manipulate others but is very easily manipulated by the cult of mbti.

And frankly I find such immature false selves, the manipulating and the manipulated, to be distasteful.

á´…eparted

passages
Typology Central recruits school children. Even the brains of school children are not fully grown until 22 years of age. But many if not most school children want to be grown up when they are not. So they adopt a false self that pretends to be grown up.

This false self of many school children here is shallow and fragile and a conscious construction, held together by the immature ego.

This false self tries to manipulate others but is very easily manipulated by the cult of mbti.

And frankly I find such immature false selves, the manipulating and the manipulated, to be distasteful.

All I hear is "waaaaaah everyone here is below my maturity level, I'm better than you all. MBTI is a cult! A cult I tell you! It's a cult because I hate it! If you don't agree you are just a child!"

Aka, more utter vaccuous moral superiority comments that aren't substantiating beyond an unsupportable opinion.