• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The mbti of ENTP should not be associated with trolling.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Many associate NE with trolling so they believe that most trolls are in the ENTP zone.

This is however unequestionably false. Trolling involves the shadow function of NE. This would mean that a true ENTP would almost never troll since they would have the superior form of NE or the most developed version.

Trolling is a shadow thing and is not looked upon well by society. Psychology magazines publish that trolling is sadistic and narcissistic. Whether it is or not is irrelevant. The truth is trolling is a shadowy thing.

This means that most true trolls are not ENTP but mbti types that have NE anywhere from fourth to eighth in their function stack.

#wisdom

feel free to comment or argue against this idea with compelling evidence.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol entp troll alert.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
[MENTION=23222]Arcana[/MENTION]

Haha that's cute.

I just realized too this would explain why so many ENTJ's resort to bullying on certain forums. They have NE deep in the inferior.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Haha that's cute.

I just realized too this would explain why so many ENTJ's resort to bullying on certain forums. They have NE deep in the inferior.

Or they associate bullying with forcefulness, which is apparently an ENTJ characteristic, or one that they emphasize in profiles. ENTJs do like to fake forcefulness, actually, it's like a defense mechanism, I think, and they believe they're better at it than they actually are.

No idea what it has to do with shadow Ne. You are clearly just making things up now.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For the record, I don't actually think all ENTPs are trolls.

But I do think ENTPs are probably most likely to recognize that trolling is a viable way of trawling for information.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
79cc3e6b891567444ebc7822548e277d16eb0c94870887d3c5915223c859d9f7.jpg

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I've actually never associated ENTPs with trolling. They seem to manage their time pretty well.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP

This is actually something I've dwelled on recently. I think primary functions can manifest "positively" or "negatively", while shadow functions mostly manifest "negatively"...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
For the record, I don't actually think all ENTPs are trolls.

But I do think ENTPs are probably most likely to recognize that trolling is a viable way of trawling for information.

Then you do not know entps

Susurrus

I think most people on the internet tend to equate trolling with disagreeing with them. ENTPs seem to play the devil's advocate more than other types which would explain why the label of troll may point towards the ENTP type. If you argue Y, ENTPs would argue X instead. This is how Ne-Ti works.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think most people on the internet tend to equate trolling with disagreeing with them. ENTPs seem to play the devil's advocate more than other types which would explain why the label of troll may point towards the ENTP type. If you argue Y, ENTPs would argue X instead. This is how Ne-Ti works.

No it is not, it may be the start.

But the end

á´…eparted

passages
ENTPs seem to play the devil's advocate more than other types which would explain why the label of troll may point towards the ENTP type.

It's independent of type, but what people fail to realize that doing this is not always appreciated, can appear as dishonest, unproductive, and generative of discord. It's not trolling in the strict definition (which is defined as someone causing strife for the sake of), but the end result is something appears rather similar to it. It's possible for one to go about it in a way that is well received by others, but much of the time (and I have seen ENTP's, as well as a few other types do this) when it is done care is not taken that the other party will receive it so they don't feel combated or poked at wrong. The lack of care/understanding for the delivery is a huge part of the problem and a number of people have very little tolerance for it (I being one of them).

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yeah. I'm here to mention that the shadow functions are the ones lower on the stack. When NE is in the Shadow it tends to function in a regressed manner, otherwise it won't unless the person is in a dire situation like being chased by a wolf or something.

It's all pretty logical really if you go by mbti framework.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ

i'm serious about NE being regressed if trolling and ENTP's don't have regressed NE for the most part, therefore it is quite logical that most TRolls in the NE mode are not ENTP's.

IT's deductive reasoning.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
good luck with persuading anyone of anything remotely like "type x doesn't necessarily always do behavior y"