• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type compatibility (according to answers on OkCupid)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
But the compatibility does shows in OKC matching. In the form of similarity. There is still clear differentiation between matches of different types. Some are better and some are worse. IJ EP chemistry is great, especially with N people, but that doesn't apply to OKC logic either. OKC is another type matchmaking that isn't designed to directly apply to type compatibility, or chemistry for that matter.

I don't know what you mean by saying it shows in the OKC matching data because there is barely any difference there between any of the matches.

I agree that it's a different form of matching, but it seems totally independent of MBTI. I do have grave doubts that there is much truth to MBTI relationship pairing theory.

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
I don't know what you mean by saying it shows in the OKC matching data because there is barely any difference there between any of the matches.

I agree that it's a different form of matching, but it seems totally independent of MBTI. I do have grave doubts that there is much truth to MBTI relationship pairing theory.
The fact that there is a clear correlative difference is meaningful. Even though the differences are not huge percent-wise, the order is clear. This is a huge pool of matches, it narrows down, but the order is there, that's what matters.

I find pairing theory to be true to the extent that the best match is often a specific type, not that all people of the specific type would be great matches. Like for me, I would go mainly for INFJs (OXOO) and ENFPs (XXOX). This suits N dominants. Maybe also ENFJs and INTJs. INTJs are a good match but for me there comes a certain personal preference. The other types just don't fit or are not interesting to me. And not all ENFPs or INFJs are automatically the best match. There is more to it besides type, of course.