• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introversion versus Extroversion

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I would say that ISXP types are very big on doing things but not necessarily talking or doing things with other people.

I agree with that ^, I'm not very social at all, I usual find large groups of people dull and draining but I love being out and about doing things.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
ESFJ
ESFP
ESTJ
ESTP
ISFJ
ENFJ
ISFP
ENTJ
ISTJ
ISTP
ENFP
INFJ
ENTP
INFP
INTJ
INTP

Funny, I was thinking about posting something just like this

I mostly agree but I think the J/P scaling is off only because Pe is much more extroverted than Je. Je is extroversion seeking while Pe is pure extroversion. Read any description of Se and you'll understand.

I would list it as follows ES on top, IS/EN intermingle,and IN on the bottom

ESFP
ESFJ
ESTP
ESTJ
ISFP
ENFP
ISTP
ENTP
ISFJ
ENFJ
ISTJ
ENTJ
INFP
INFJ
INTP
INTJ

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
The author's chart is accurate. I have to resist the impulse to swear after a long solitude session when I hear the door opening.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Funny, I was thinking about posting something just like this

I mostly agree but I think the J/P scaling is off only because Pe is much more extroverted than Je. Je is extroversion seeking while Pe is pure extroversion. Read any description of Se and you'll understand.

I would list it as follows ES on top, IS/EN intermingle,and IN on the bottom

ESFP
ESFJ
ESTP
ESTJ
ISFP
ENFP
ISTP
ENTP
ISFJ
ENFJ
ISTJ
ENTJ
INFP
INFJ
INTP
INTJ

You have a dom Se at the top of the list even before a dom Fe, you put two dom Ne types before a dom Fe and you put a secondary function Fe before an Fi/Ne dom as well as a Ni dom over the Ti dom at the bottom.

God, I haven't even touched on the two ISPs over the ISFJ, that list is insane!

You just totally pulled that out of your back side to get a reaction out of me didn't you?

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
I found these figures (estimated percentages in population) and just wanted to see how they add up with this theory.

ESFJ 13%
ESFP 13%
ESTJ 13%
ESTP 13%
ISFJ 6%
ENFJ 5%
ISFP 5%
ENTJ 5%
ISTJ 6%
ISTP 7%
ENFP 5%
INFJ 1%
ENTP 5%
INFP 1%
INTJ 1%
INTP 1%

I don't know about you but I feel the Big Four (ES) rules in many professional areas. They got the numbers and very often the power.

As an ENTP (very near to an INTP) having ES bosses I've started to plan my own business since I don't think I fit in. I lack respect towards the bosses, don't share the company goals and it effects my motivation which is pretty low. Could it be that it's harder for us scarcer types (Ns?) to "buy what the majority is selling"?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
maybe...i've always wanted to have my own business of some kind. i really don't want to do things by other peoples rules.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm WAY more extraverted than my mom though, who is ESFJ. She's more of a people-person than I am but in the sense of pure extraversion I'm a hundred times 'worse' than her. She can be all people-person-y but then she always needs to go home to her own space where things are her own way etc, and when she does her tasks she prefers to do them alone. If someone comes up and starts to chat with her while she's doing the laundry she'll be happy to chat and pleased to see them, but she wants to bustle them off all the same cos she can't get on with things while people are around. Maybe that's related to my pure extraversion, in that as long as they're around she can't focus on the task at hand, but I think it's more just that she actually does like doing these tasks, and doing them alone. She's said before that it's when she "clears her head out". She does get tired too, after say a dinner party or whatever, whereas I never do. After a party I feel like I'm ready to conquer the world.
Most EJ's I've known have liked being around people but generally don't tend to invite them back home very often - they go to work, go to school, college, church, bars - whatever - and get their people fix but seem to treat their home as a sort of private space.

I think very similar to your mum (but i don't enjoy the housework, i just do it) and the bolded part .. I have been in my current home for a year now and i have not invited anyone here other than family.

But i really enjoy being around people (as long as they are not energy vampires), only today i was talking to some complete stranger about her 22 grandchildren. Why it happens i am not sure, but people seem to zone in on me. Not complaining for the most part.