• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do I steer through this storm?

Yeah...Nope.

MBTI Type
ERMM
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As I lay in bed placed next to a window on a rainy day, these thoughts run through my head (they are mostly visual images):

"Wow. The wind is really nice now. The thunder sounds far. The storm is coming near, though.

I wish this window goes all the way down to at least knee level. Then I can have the wind directly on my body.

Hmmm... I wonder if there is a regulation against these type of windows on a high rise building. Perhaps the local city council or architectural association has one. It probably has some safety issues, but hotels have these small opening ones....

High rise windows are so hard to clean on the outside. These two panels will squish my arms when i.... (hazy thoughts on how to improve window design on high rise buildings to make them safe, easy to clean and aesthetically pleasing)

.....the storm is coming nearer.... hear the thunder getting louder..... how do I steer through this storm?"

At this point, my husband moved and woke me as i was falling asleep. At that last moment I saw myself from behind, at the helm of a boat but with car windshield, steering through choppy seas and dark grey skies. I told my husband that last thought and he excitedly pondered on its meaning. As my ENFP rambled on in the background, i started to enjoy the wind again when BOOM! Image of my perfect window appears.

All this happened in a span of 10-15 mins.

So my question is "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THOUGHT PROCESS?" Ti? Ni?

Thanks in advance for your feedback:bye:

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Huh. Well, it is the thought process I use, a sort of picturing it in your head, combined with Ni, a random generate program of sorts. Unless Ne? I've had a similar event, except with a table. It was an irrational moment where I thought I broke physics. Then I realized I invented the three legged table. But that was wrong. It couldn't have been that I was really simply trying to conceptualize a three legged table for the past hour right? :doh:

As to the boat thing, Ni + conceptualization = cool

Unsure as to the accuracy of the last statement.

Yeah...Nope.

MBTI Type
ERMM
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Huh. Well, it is the thought process I use, a sort of picturing it in your head, combined with Ni, a random generate program of sorts. Unless Ne? I've had a similar event, except with a table. It was an irrational moment where I thought I broke physics. Then I realized I invented the three legged table. But that was wrong. It couldn't have been that I was really simply trying to conceptualize a three legged table for the past hour right? :doh:

As to the boat thing, Ni + conceptualization = cool

Unsure as to the accuracy of the last statement.

I'm so new at this I can't tell which thought is using which function. I'm aware that we all use all the functions almost at all times. The wind and storm is probably Se.... Basically, I'm just trying to determine if this is a Ni dominant process. I've been reading some books and articles and am convinced I'm INFJ but being typical of the type, i doubt myself. Even when I'm like " That's it. I AM INFJ" then i recall some dude being wrong about his/her type after several years. Then I'm unsure again...:cry: