• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SE = Elves and SI = hobbits?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh-no-you-didnt.jpg

DATS WHAT I WAS ASKIN FOR DOUGH :happy2::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::Ni::Si::Fi::Ti::harhar::biggrin::happy0065::thumbup::woot::peaceout::fiesta::hippie::greatscott:

giphy.gif

Alpha (hobbits) = +Si = positive feelings of comfort. They cannot effectively realize their potential if their lifestyle is full of hardships. Style of activity is characterized by relaxation, freedom, by conveniences. Relations with the external environment, where their activities unfold, must be friendly and pleasant. Their groups are always comfortable, relaxed as if at home, and never rough or eccentric.

Delta (elves) = -Si = minmization of discomfort. They value good working conditions and are reluctant to change their routines. This element excludes harmful influences from external environment. This quadra cannot work during emergencies. They highly value convenience, comfort at their workplace, and good coordination at work.

Duh!

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
giphy.gif

Alpha (hobbits) = +Si = positive feelings of comfort. They cannot effectively realize their potential if their lifestyle is full of hardships. Style of activity is characterized by relaxation, freedom, by conveniences. Relations with the external environment, where their activities unfold, must be friendly and pleasant. Their groups are always comfortable, relaxed as if at home, and never rough or eccentric.

Delta (elves) = -Si = minmization of discomfort. They value good working conditions and are reluctant to change their routines. This element excludes harmful influences from external environment. This quadra cannot work during emergencies. They highly value convenience, comfort at their workplace, and good coordination at work.

Duh!

for those just chirping in we have decided that:

SI applies to both ELVES AND HOBBITS

and OR

ELVES ARE DEFINATELY SI no matter what hobbits are, even if they are SE.

SO what chars in LOTR or THE HOBBIT ARE se?

let me guess orcs?

:doh:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for those just chirping in we have decided that:

SI applies to both ELVES AND HOBBITS

and OR

ELVES ARE DEFINATELY SI no matter what hobbits are, even if they are SE.

SO what chars in LOTR or THE HOBBIT ARE se?

let me guess orcs?

Yes, dwarves and orcs and dragons, because Tolkien was obviously an Se polr.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ah, chanaynay.
My initial (offtopic) post was meant to be seen as a bit of fun. Not taken seriously at all yet you've replied in a slightly offensive manner which perhaps means you took slight offence. This thread in itself is a fun little thread made with the intention of enjoyment more than seriousness. You've started resorting to indirect insults to people you don't know so I'm not currently going to continue this conversation as it was not intended.

i can't tell if this is serious or not :D either way i was joking too...its pretty obvious tbh

but either way now that i've had to explain myself this isn't fun anymore. peace thread. :hi:

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I still think it's possible a few of the elves might be SE...I refuse to believe a few of them aren't SE...and they are all SI.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I still think it's possible a few of the elves might be SE...I refuse to believe a few of them aren't SE...and they are all SI.

I agree, Garrot. I think most races have more than one, maybe even several, dominant function preferences, you just have to look hard enough.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
There are extraverted elves and introverted elves and J elves and P elves. But all elves are NFs.

And hobbits are S's but otherwise come in all varieties. Merry and Pippin are not SJs.

And Gandalf is an INTJ, natch.

I hope this clears things up.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What in the hell did I stumble into?

Also, I was pretty sure Frodo Baggins was an INFJ.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
TLDR - Elves: Se; Hobbits: Si

I'm not sure I follow ?

Likely wasn't for you then, kitten. :smooch:

What in the hell did I stumble into?

Also, I was pretty sure Frodo Baggins was an INFJ.

Sometimes we're rambly ambly through the shambly side streets. At times it's easier to take the bus. Myself, I'm more of a Lyft girl, but that's just code for "too broke for Uber".

But to speak more to the point, I find elves pretentious and hobbits too earnest--they're both equally distasteful in their own precious ways. What I remember of the books, elvish society was elevated and highly structured. Excessive regard for manners and culture typically belies a ruthlessness in core culture. The seemingly mindless observation of social ritual casts a sanitizing lull over the beastliness of the highborn's true nature. While high culture and deep tradition have a naive association with Si, if you buy into this theory of the purpose of such things, then social ritual is in reality fundamentally driven by the tactile and now-oriented nature of Se.

Hobbits, otoh, are creatures of comfort. They live in cozy burrows. They don't make a fuss. They are conservative in their imaginations unless otherwise compelled. This is because the Hobbits remember, and new information must be evaluated against these recollections. They're riding on that Si tip, in other words. You can make the argument that Tolkien choose Hobbits as his protagonist rather than any other race, because of the way that their descriptions would embody a primarily British audience's notion of the "known". The best fantasy leverages the hero's journey such that the audience can experience their own inner landscape writ epic by dent of the extraordinary stakes of a quest undertaken by one not so different than themselves. Fantasy heroes are literatures' blank slates and basic bitches for a reason. If you can't even Mary Sue, then the narrative's failed at its most basic task.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Likely wasn't for you then, kitten. :smooch:

Sometimes we're rambly ambly through the shambly side streets. At times it's easier to take the bus. Myself, I'm more of a Lyft girl, but that's just code for "too broke for Uber".

But to speak more to the point, I find elves pretentious and hobbits too earnest--they're both equally distasteful in their own precious ways. What I remember of the books, elvish society was elevated and highly structured. Excessive regard for manners and culture typically belies a ruthlessness in core culture. The seemingly mindless observation of social ritual casts a sanitizing lull over the beastliness of the highborn's true nature. While high culture and deep tradition have a naive association with Si, if you buy into this theory of the purpose of such things, then social ritual is in reality fundamentally driven by the tactile and now-oriented nature of Se.

Hobbits, otoh, are creatures of comfort. They live in cozy burrows. They don't make a fuss. They are conservative in their imaginations unless otherwise compelled. This is because the Hobbits remember, and new information must be evaluated against these recollections. They're riding on that Si tip, in other words. You can make the argument that Tolkien choose Hobbits as his protagonist rather than any other race, because of the way that their descriptions would embody a primarily British audience's notion of the "known". The best fantasy leverages the hero's journey such that the audience can experience their own inner landscape writ epic by dent of the extraordinary stakes of a quest undertaken by one not so different than themselves. Fantasy heroes are literatures' blank slates and basic bitches for a reason. If you can't even Mary Sue, then the narrative's failed at its most basic task.

Yeah...I totally agree.

Some of the elves in the books seem cold as ice...reminds me of that song, "you're as cold as ice, and willing to sacrifice..."

Anyways...that begs the question. Were some of the elves perhaps TE and SE, as those two tend to be side to side...maybe some of the elves were even ESTJ - TE + SI....maybe they were more TE than F...they were deifnately J though.

As for the little Remingtons or fur balls, hobbits, I think I would still but those bunglars as S's and P's but who knows. I could see a few of them shy-grabs, hobbits, as being ISTP types who were just really quiet like and blinked in the darkness. Hobbits remind me of all those eyes in those cartoons of the jungle where the jaguars were blinking in the background but you couldn't see their bodies, only the white of their eyes.

They are kind of like Ewoks too.

syria-john-mccain-ewoks-opt-630x305.jpg

lord-of-the-rings-swords.jpg

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When life gives you hobbits, you make NPs.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You guys had ruined the whole thread, when you changed the avatars...Change it back!

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
You guys had ruined the whole thread, when you changed the avatars...Change it back!

You're kinda bossy for an elf.

Also, as an elf, you're supposed to be all about respecting our identity choices and making us feel welcome and serving us lembas and honey cakes and playing us melancholy lays on your trusty lute.

If that doesn't suit you, feel free to hightail it out of Middle Earth and go work for fucking Santa.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
don't make me quote my sources either.

Cool, so let's see your sources. You portray yourself as an expert and namedrop Jung, yet since you can't be bothered to back up any of your expertise on the subject and have reacted to counterarguments with insults rather than fact-based arguments, I see no alternative than to call BULLSHIT.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Cool, so let's see your sources. You portray yourself as an expert and namedrop Jung, yet since you can't be bothered to back up any of your expertise on the subject and have reacted to counterarguments with insults rather than fact-based arguments, I see no alternative than to call BULLSHIT.

:happy2:

Consider this a happening.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagram isn't typable from pics...

Mindbogglingly amateurish...

- - - Updated - - -

Hitler was ENFJ 3w4....get your facts straight...don't make me quote my sources either.

:happy2:

Consider this a happening.

Unfortunately, I hadn't yet read through the entire thread when I quoted his post.

I now realize how ridiculously irreverent this thread is and it is F'ING HILARIOUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HokfZsagGY

in whoopi's defense, all white british dudes look the same. at least to her.

f2HuY7i.jpg

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well only change our avatars back soon. For now let's focus on the thread which is about hobbits and se or si. Which one?