• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP, ESTJ Duality??

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The way it works is simple, you have an INFP. You need at least one thing to relate between others. Whether you actually are the same or not, doesn't matter.

This is because of the way I perceive relationships working, both parties must agree on things, but for you both to be the same person would be... Weird. I could see that leading to lots of problems, due to how I've seen people interact with "themselves". Such as the INTJs I know. They both called each other crazy over at the lunch table, and the more violent one made a mess when the other one pushed a plate of food at him. It is a weird lunch.

I also believe I sit next to another INFP in class. This is because we both were the last to sit down and pick a partner. If he is not INFP, then he is ISFP.

As such, potential matches based on this theory, in order of greatest to least, are ENTJ, ESTP, ESFJ, and finally, ISTJ.

There are a hundred billion reasons why I would not have a relationship with ISTJ, but then again, look at Isabel Myers. :newwink:

ESFJ I don't know enough about. Sorry.

But yeah. This is only a theory. I'm looking at what I think would rationally happen. Not what I think should happen or anything like that. Depends on a whole lot more than type for a relationship to work out. But yeah, in conclusion, it doesn't fit with my theory. Thus I am interested to see what happens.

I should create a spreadsheet on type vs. type relationships on Google docs that people can fill in themselves. That would be interesting.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I like ESTJs generally - I find them direct, purposeful, straightforward, hard-working, honest and loyal.

Yes, I am married to one, 26 years now (but re the post above, no, I am not [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION]'s mom.) :)

Maybe, maybe not. Whether or not an ESTJ is right for you will hinge on how you feel about them as an individual. When I first met my husband, it was electric. Even still today, when I am in his arms, I feel like I was made to perfectly fit there. This kind of compatibility is about more than type; it encompasses yet transcends type.

You will get to a point where you realize that no matter who you partner with, there will be some incompatibilities along the way. There are times I find his need for structure exhausting. He can be irritable and sometimes says things in an insensitive way. Yet every coin has two sides. He finds my open-ended nature hard to accommodate, and my need for spontaneity jarring at times too. Yet we communicate and grow together with the aid of each other's stronger functions.

So, overall in my partnership, I find that our strengths and weaknesses complement each other well. As we get older together, his tertiary and inferior functions are strengthening in interesting ways, as are mine.

Our largest problem area revolves around long-term strategic planning. He's best on short-term logistics and goals, me on in-the-moment adaptation and problem solving. Neither of us is particularly effective at projecting 5 years into the future.

Hope that helps. It can be difficult for an INFP when surrounded by SJs - I have a lot of them in my life, so can certainly relate. Our job however is to grow into our own inferior functions, and as uncomfortable as that may feel, it's natural to be attracted to what we lack.

Thank you for your response.
I am glad that you found someone that completes you like that. Now I'm hating this less, I just don't like when they present you probabilities as the absolute truth, the only way to be happy, because it makes me hate the world. It almost feels claustrophobic to know that some truths cannot be changed. But even if I am not in a dual relationship I don't want this to make me start thinking that I will never be happy.

An ESTJ wouldn't work for me.
I really need the creativity and brainstorming power of my INTP partner, is really important to me to be with someone who can be intellectually challenging as he is and at the same time can work with me as a team participating and supporting my art. His stories and ideas are so awesome that inspire me like no other and I not only feel whole as a person, but as an artist too.
He really hates working and gets bored of it easily, but he is working really hard to help me do what I love the most. And I don't think I could find the same things in an ESTJ.

But yeah, type isn't everything, we are our own person and we all have different needs even if we are the same type.
Thank you again!

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know what is ''young'' to you, I am young, But a 13 year old can be young as a 40 year old can be young, it's relative.
I am 20 years old.
I can go along with ENTJs. I can go along with all the N types. I just have a lot of trouble with S types. I have some ISFP, ESFJ friends, but they are just meh to me, we can't discuss of anything relevant. I adore them but they drain me so much. My ESFJ friend is the most adorable girl on earth.. but she's the only one talking, and I can't care about anything she says because isn't important to me. I help her vent and give her some of my time, but I don't really do anything with that myself. I just give.
I adore my ISTJ sister, but this is because I feel a really deep need to protect her. So I do what she would like to do with me, try to be the way she likes me to, it's exhausting, but I do it for her because she needs me. Because we share the same blood.
The reason I mention age is that there are stages of development for MBTI. I wish I could find the website again, but there's some articles out there about this. Each of your functions are developed and deepened over time as a person ages. From (my rather shoddy) memory it vaguely goes something like this:

0-10 - Dominant Function
10-20 - Auxiliary Function
20-30 - Tertiary Function
30+ - Inferior function

I might have the ages wrong, but that's the basic concept. It means that as you are a INFP, Si and Te are your weakest functions (excluding shadow functions which I don't put much stock in), and you are only just beginning to come to grips with them. It also means that SJs are probably going to be hard for you to engage with and understand. Even if they are very healthy, for you they will reflect the weaknesses within yourself; traits that you don't especially like or fully understand. This can make SJs (especially STJs) more irritating and difficult for you to be around.

I don't mean this to sound condescending by any means - it's just a common process of growth. I've felt the same things and it seemed like I would never thought I would change my mind, but I have. What I'm saying is, you might do too. And for this reason, INFPs and ESTJs can potentially get along very well.

As for your general issue with Sensors, I can't help you there. I admit I also often prefer the company of Ns, but you shouldn't dismiss Sensors. As a friendly warning, there is a lot of prejudice and bashing about Sensors online and it's simply not fair and accurate. There's also a lot of griping about how oppressed and long suffering Intuitives are, and that Ns are an under-appreciated, secretly superior race. It's not a good idea to get caught up in this, as it just reads as arrogance, self-pity, and ignorance.

On the other hand my ESxJ little sister ... I cannot stand. I hate her so much, and it hurts because I should feel the same towards her. But I just can't. I hate everything about her, I just can't believe she's my sister, we have NOTHING in common. She doesn't even look like me. She's got something evil in her eyes. She is scary and looks like a demon to me. She's all her ESTJ mother.
I've been there. I have an ESTJ sister and I can tell you it was war between us practically from day one. I remember as a kid thinking of her as the devil's spawn. Everything about her seemed so wrong and backwards to me. I despised her bluntness and total lack of sensitivity. I thought her completely harsh, heartless and self-centered at times. Now, she's softened so much and become so open-minded it's really incredible. She's still assertive, but she more patient, accepting, and sensitive, and thinks more about the feelings of others. I've also toughened up a bit and become less over-sensitive. I'm less conceited and disdainful. I'm less judgemental about her directness and am starting to see the value in not beating around the bush. I'm also more inclined to take a harder line on some things, instead of (for example) constantly defending and excusing the behaviour of others when I really shouldn't. We still argue and occasionally rip each other apart, but we're starting to meet more in the middle personality-wise. It does happen, believe it or not.

I don't know if you'll even get along with your younger sister. It may be a case of both her needing to soften and you needing to toughen a little for you to appreciate one another. It might take many years or it may never happen at all. :shrug:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Duality is a concept related to Socionics, not MBTI.

The premise of Duality is that both partners operate in entirely different social worlds that often don't meet (SF sphere vs NT sphere, ST vs NF sphere) When they are together, both partners take charge in their respective sphere, and are both weak and dependent in their partner's sphere. What makes Duality (and Activity) special is that they involve Super-Id block stimulation (Weak + Valued Element Positions). Even though both partners operate in different spheres, they find the other sphere enticing and stimulating, a sort of craving. Adding this into addition to the fact that they both share the same Quadra Values, Duality becomes a very psychologically stimulating and pleasing intertype-relation that helps both partners. Both partners are dependent on each other's strengths and both partners can protect their partners' weaknesses (and will be more inclined to do so since they are in the same Quadra).

Duality often gives people a new perspective on life or on anything for that matter, considering your dual is always coming from a different yet intriguing viewpoint.

This does not mean to say that Duality is perfect every time or is necessarily the best intertype relation (Activity, for instance, can produce a sort of extreme ecstasy between partners that Duality doesn't always achieve). Not all Duals are your friends and loved ones, not all Conflictors are your enemies and critics.

If you want someone you can relate to, find yourself a Mirror or an Identical. Duality mainly involves experiencing the other side of things that you can't take the time to enjoy because of your own perspective (Ego over Super-Id).

EDIT: On the topic of mistyping, your talk of your self-confidence being shattered by SJs may signify types that are engaging your Super-Ego Block, elements that are the source of constant criticism and psychological pain. Ergo, those people may be in your Orthogonal Quadra (opposing values, Alpha vs Gamma, Beta vs Delta).
Enjoy a rare moment of a INTJ Enneagram 5 admitting in public that they *don't* know something...

1) What do you mean "Ego over super-id?" Can you translate that into the vernacular, or give an example or two?
2) what is a Super-Ego Block?
3) What are the Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma Quadrants? They sound like something Buzz Lightyear would talk about in Toy Story...

Alea_iacta_est

Enjoy a rare moment of a INTJ Enneagram 5 admitting in public that they *don't* know something...

1) What do you mean "Ego over super-id?" Can you translate that into the vernacular, or give an example or two?
2) what is a Super-Ego Block?
3) What are the Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma Quadrants? They sound like something Buzz Lightyear would talk about in Toy Story...

No problem,

1 + 2) The Ego block contains your strongest two elements and the elements you use to navigate the world around you. Some examples: LII - :Ti: and :Ne:, ILI - :Ni: and :Te:, ESE - :Fe: and :Si:, SEE - :Se: and :Fi:. The Super-ego block constitutes elements that disengage you from your Ego Block, which redirect your attention from what you are good at it to what you are bad at (in simplest terms). An LII, for instance, has the Lead perspective of :Ti: in the Ego Block, and thus directs his main attention to information related to it in the environment and subsequently overlooks :Fi:, the Role perspective in the Super-Ego block.

The Ego and Super-Ego block are apart of the "Mental Block" which simply encompasses the elements that you are most aware of, and contain (from strongest to weakest) the Lead function, the Creative Function, the Role Function, and the Vulnerable Function. The Lead function and the Role function share the same perspective (for instance, Ij (Ji) or Ep (Pe)), and thus are apart of the same psychological state. Ij, for instance, is the psychological state of categorizing, analyzing, and literally judging the environment. A person who is good at categorizing, analyzing, and judging logically (judging impersonal systems and objective data) cling to the :Ti: perspective, and since they are so focused on judging logically, they can't judge things ethically at the same time :)Fi:, judging according to personal sentiments). An appropriate analogy would be trying to look at two objects at the same time, where one is in front of you, and the other is directly behind you.

Reference Point:

LII (INTj) in "Model A" (functional stacking system of Socionics):

:Ti: :Ne: (Lead + Creative) EGO BLOCK [Valued, Strong] "I know I can do this" - Mental Block
:Fi: :Se: (Role + Vulnerable) SUPER-EGO BLOCK [Devalued, Weak] "I know I can't do this" - Mental Block
:Fe: :Si: (Suggestive + Mobilizing) SUPER-ID BLOCK [Valued, Weak] "I don't know that I can't do this" - Vital Block
:Te: :Ni: (Ignoring + Demonstrative) ID BLOCK [Devalued, Strong] "I don't know that I can do this" - Vital Block

3) Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta Quadras are groups consisting of 4 sociotypes that all share the same valued (Ego + Super-Id) elements.

Alpha Quadra: ILE, LII, ESE, SEI :)Ne:, :Ti:, :Fe:, :Si:)

Beta Quadra: SLE, LSI, EIE, IEI :)Se:, :Ti:, :Fe:, :Ni:)

Gamma Quadra: SEE, ESI, LIE, ILI :)Se:, :Fi:, :Te:, :Ni:)

Delta Quadra: IEE, EII, LSE, SLI :)Ne:, :Fi:, :Te:, :Si:)

The four intertype relations inside each Quadra are Duality (ILE + SEI), Activity (ILE + ESE), Mirror (ILE + LII), and Identical (ILE + ILE), and are mainly considered to be more comfortable relations psychologically.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The reason I mention age is that there are stages of development for MBTI. I wish I could find the website again, but there's some articles out there about this. Each of your functions are developed and deepened over time as a person ages. From (my rather shoddy) memory it vaguely goes something like this:

0-10 - Dominant Function
30+ - Inferior function

I might have the ages wrong, but that's the basic concept. It means that as you are a INFP, Si and Te are your weakest functions (excluding shadow functions which I don't put much stock in), and you are only just beginning to come to grips with them. It also means that SJs are probably going to be hard for you to engage with and understand. Even if they are very healthy, for you they will reflect the weaknesses within yourself; traits that you don't especially like or fully understand. This can make SJs (especially STJs) more irritating and difficult for you to be around.

I don't mean this to sound condescending by any means - it's just a common process of growth. I've felt the same things and it seemed like I would never thought I would change my mind, but I have. What I'm saying is, you might do too. And for this reason, INFPs and ESTJs can potentially get along very well.

As for your general issue with Sensors, I can't help you there. I admit I also often prefer the company of Ns, but you shouldn't dismiss Sensors. As a friendly warning, there is a lot of prejudice and bashing about Sensors online and it's simply not fair and accurate. There's also a lot of griping about how oppressed and long suffering Intuitives are, and that Ns are an under-appreciated, secretly superior race. It's not a good idea to get caught up in this, as it just reads as arrogance, self-pity, and ignorance.

I've been there. I have an ESTJ sister and I can tell you it was war between us practically from day one. I remember as a kid thinking of her as the devil's spawn. Everything about her seemed so wrong and backwards to me. I despised her bluntness and total lack of sensitivity. I thought her completely harsh, heartless and self-centered at times. Now, she's softened so much and become so open-minded it's really incredible. She's still assertive, but she more patient, accepting, and sensitive, and thinks more about the feelings of others. I've also toughened up a bit and become less over-sensitive. I'm less conceited and disdainful. I'm less judgemental about her directness and am starting to see the value in not beating around the bush. I'm also more inclined to take a harder line on some things, instead of (for example) constantly defending and excusing the behaviour of others when I really shouldn't. We still argue and occasionally rip each other apart, but we're starting to meet more in the middle personality-wise. It does happen, believe it or not.

I don't know if you'll even get along with your younger sister. It may be a case of both her needing to soften and you needing to toughen a little for you to appreciate one another. It might take many years or it may never happen at all. :shrug:

Thank you for your explanation, it was quite interesting :)

I don't want to sound narrow minded about the Sensor thing. But wasn't the internet that made me start thinking this way, it something that Ss wanted me to think since i was young.
I think that Ss are so many that there are more underdeveloped Ss than Ns, even if they can be equally as good. It's like a battle between Sea and Sky.
They are the ones who started treating me like an alien in the first place. They kind of wanted me to repel them, and they tried so hard at it.

My mother is clearly a sensor to me, and this is the main issue between us. She wants me to be a sensor so badly that I almost feel she cannot love me because of this.
When I as 2-5 years old, I had a really strong foresight and I could tell what was going to happen, and even though I was a really lovable child I would get really aggressive with the people I thought had a bad heart. I also was always asking questions about the universe, about the superior forces and why I was born white.
All that scared her, and didn't know what to do with me.

Now that we met again after 15 years she is always complaining because I am not as simple and practical as she wanted me to.
My ESTJ stepmother was like that too. She cared about me, but she thought I was crazy and many times tried to force me to some sort of psychologist or tried to make me fit into their boxes all the time. '' You don't like have fun this way? Too bad, all of the kids your age like it, so learn to learnt to like it as well.''
Even my father started to think like her (My father could be an INFP as well. But I'm not sure. I don't like to think we are the same type anyway. )
He always told me I am born a circle, he was born a circle too, but we have to dress up like boxes to make others accept us in society more. Which is something I hate. I would never do that to me.
He got in a relationship with her not because the INFP-ESTJ attraction, but because he needed a new mom for me and he got with the first lady he could find. But they hate each other and tried to separate several times.

My ESTJ sister is still a kid, maybe I am getting her type wrong, but I always believed she was because she's the exact opposite of me and she's a miniature copy of her mother. Anyway she is so much controlling. She's eight and when she calls me she asks me if I am working yet. And I tell her, yes, I am an artist and I draw things for people. She tells me ''Oh that isn't a job, you should find a TRUE job, I mean. Something serious.''

My ISTJ sister, (which I find out MBTI with. I took her some tests and she always got ISTJ and is her exact description, so scary) which is only 14, I respect her deeply because she is so smart and awesome for a 14 year old. I really don't notice the age difference. She also teaches me stuff and I like her a lot. But that's because she's humble.

I have a lot of things to say but I don't want to bore you with my unnecessary assumptions.
Anyway, even among Ns sometimes I feel I am being treated differently. I don't know maybe I really am retarded after all.

As an INFP, when you were a kid, did you ever feel like you didn't belong in your family or your country?

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The way it works is simple, you have an INFP. You need at least one thing to relate between others. Whether you actually are the same or not, doesn't matter.

This is because of the way I perceive relationships working, both parties must agree on things, but for you both to be the same person would be... Weird. I could see that leading to lots of problems, due to how I've seen people interact with "themselves". Such as the INTJs I know. They both called each other crazy over at the lunch table, and the more violent one made a mess when the other one pushed a plate of food at him. It is a weird lunch.

I also believe I sit next to another INFP in class. This is because we both were the last to sit down and pick a partner. If he is not INFP, then he is ISFP.

As such, potential matches based on this theory, in order of greatest to least, are ENTJ, ESTP, ESFJ, and finally, ISTJ.

There are a hundred billion reasons why I would not have a relationship with ISTJ, but then again, look at Isabel Myers. :newwink:

ESFJ I don't know enough about. Sorry.

But yeah. This is only a theory. I'm looking at what I think would rationally happen. Not what I think should happen or anything like that. Depends on a whole lot more than type for a relationship to work out. But yeah, in conclusion, it doesn't fit with my theory. Thus I am interested to see what happens.

I should create a spreadsheet on type vs. type relationships on Google docs that people can fill in themselves. That would be interesting.

That would be really interesting!Agreed!

My father is probably an INFP, his wife is ESTJ. Their lunch is pretty much like the one you described of your INTJ friends. Same thing with my INFP-ESTJ grandparents. They are divorced now. But it never worked between them anyways. I am pretty sure their types are accurate. I also tested my grandfather yesterday, and he came out INFP indeed. No doubts. We are so much alike.

I am in a relationship with an INTP. And it scares me because he's so much perfect to me that is hard to think is real.
We are alike and opposite at the same time. If there's a problem he will strive to solve it.
We have the best communication. We tell each other EVERYTHING. Like, everything. And if there's something that isn't working we discuss it and find a way to fix it. I never felt as loved before. He really lets me be and I let him be without forcing each other to change to be more alike. And this is because we are balanced like this.
INTPs always fascinated me anyways.

The other 2 men I ever loved were an INTx and an ISxP
The ISxP made of my life a hell though.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It sounds like you are stuck in a rather conformist culture. That can be rough for the INFP, especially a 4.

My sister was a bit of a nightmare at 8 so I wouldn't get too worried just yet. Keep pushing back and telling her something different from the stuff she's being fed. ExTJs seem to learn through challenging and being challenged. It might take a while but the stuff you say might start to sink in.

As an INFP, when you were a kid, did you ever feel like you didn't belong in your family or your country?
My family were loving and accepting, it was everywhere and everyone else that was the problem. It wasn't till I got to school that I realised what I weirdo I was.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Duality is correlated to socionics, not MBTI... in socionics INFp uses Ni+Fe, while in MBTI it's Fi+Ne which means it's a different type. If you're an INFP in MBTI, you're most likely an INFj in socionics and your dual is an LSE - ESTj in socionics, ESTJ in MBTI, bu for socionics duality for INFp it's an ESTp Se+Ti.
In MBTI is fairly different, according to MBTI an ideal match for INFP is an ENTJ.

Yet, MBTI really states INFP + ENFJ, Fi+Ne vs Fe+Ni. Most of the matches are inverse attitude based.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yet, MBTI really states INFP + ENFJ, Fi+Ne vs Fe+Ni. Most of the matches are inverse attitude based.

Hmmm as far as I know, the best match is introvert+extrovert, intuitive+intuitive, sensor+sensor, feeler+thinker, perceiver+judger

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

0-10 - Dominant Function
30+ - Inferior function

*turns 20 in july*

*pulls out baby Te hammer*
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=10808]andante[/MENTION] i'm ready :worthy:

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It sounds like you are stuck in a rather conformist culture. That can be rough for the INFP, especially a 4.

My sister was a bit of a nightmare at 8 so I wouldn't get too worried just yet. Keep pushing back and telling her something different from the stuff she's being fed. ExTJs seem to learn through challenging and being challenged. It might take a while but the stuff you say might start to sink in.

My family were loving and accepting, it was everywhere and everyone else that was the problem. It wasn't till I got to school that I realised what I weirdo I was.

Yeah. I think my sister will definitely be a sensor, because baby intuitives (if introverts mostly) are easily distinguishable in my opinion. I always tend to like them more. Maybe because I see myself in them?

Maybe if I was a writer INFP I would have had less problems with people and my family. But the combination of Artist+INFP could be explosive for SJs. I also was a kind of extremely asocial, hippie, anarcho-atheist in my early teens. I made my parents go crazy.

Some SJs admired me, some others hated me. But both always made me feel in awe and uncomfortable.
Yesterday two ESxx girls came visit my family, they were 14 and 16. They didn't know me and after 2 minutes started asking me why was I weird, if I had some form of selective mutism, and if I was younger than they are.
How can it be possible to me to feel embarrassed and inferior in presence of some young teen girls? It's just dumb. And with males is like a thousand times worse.

Oh you were lucky then. Well, school is hard for a lot of people anyway, mostly if you're a new kid in a tiny town.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
*turns 20 in july*

*pulls out baby Te hammer*
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=10808]andante[/MENTION] i'm ready :worthy:
Be careful not to take out your eye with that. Don't wave it around so much.

Oh you were lucky then. Well, school is hard for a lot of people anyway, mostly if you're a new kid in a tiny town.
Not really. The bastards systematically tortured me for 13 1/2 years.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am not really familiar with the duality concept, I understand the ''opposite attracts'' but hey, isn't this a bit extreme? I cannot get duality, how can a type so distant from my values and preferences be my dual? Is it not possible to me to think about it. I hate it. I cannot stand controlling types, is something that I just can't.
SJs are the reason I've isolated myself from society, they cant be my duals. They destroyed my self confidence and I can't imagine a future with them.
My grandfather is an INFP and he was in a relationship with an ESTJ, she ruined his life, she didn't let him be the beautiful person he is, she is a good person and I care about her, but her presence just drains me. The same goes for my ESTJ sister and step-mother. And all the SJs out I've meet out there but my ISTJ sister. She's the only one I can save.

I am sorry if this sounds like a venting post, I just can't understand this theory much. It would be nice if someone could explain it. Even if I won't like it probably.

Am I mistyped? I don't know.
How do other INFPs feel about this? Do you feel comfortable with ESTJs?
Have you been in a relationship with an ESTJ?

I don't hate ESTJs, I think they could be good people, but they are so not for me..

It is much more difficult when younger to cross that intuition/sensing barrier. That's the main thing you're running into. Also, you're just young. A lot of stuff doesn't make sense to you right now, because even if you have had all the schooling, you haven't had the experience. It just takes a while to absorb it all.

As for "duality", there really isn't a "dual", here. There are lots of different kinds of opposites, all of which depend on where you draw the line to start looking at opposites. In your case, you're just changing every letter in MBTI to its opposite to get ESTJ.

I've found a different pattern which tends to make more sense to me (and others like Dario Nardi), where within each of us, there is a tendency to grow into our opposite type, except you don't switch the E/I part. INTJs grow into ISFPs, and INFPs grow into ISTJs. These don't become your "real type". Rather, your real type is so imbued by the time you start growing into your opposite that you handle stuff that is your type's strength without effort, and the difference is that, with effort, you can start handling the kinds of things your opposite type is strong in more adroitly.

At the same time you're repelled by that "ESTJ" stuff, you're also attracted to it. You need it, and even if you reject it, your unconscious side knows you need it. Eventually you have to face it. It will even affect your romantic relationships, as you'll find yourself attracted to people who evoke aspects of that opposite type within yourself even as you find yourself frustrated by them. (The same is true for them as you're their opposite, in that aspect, too.)

Now, I wouldn't say go and meditate and look for this part of yourself. It kind of grows on its own schedule. I would say that it's very helpful to be aware of it, of your tendency to act the opposite way you normally would, to exhibit characteristics that you would normally reject. As you become more aware of it, you'll see that they're part of the same thing, sort of, e.g., introverted feeling and its opposite extroverted thinking, where both pull at your personality, even though the introverted feeling is dominant for you.

I shan't go into to much extra detail, as it's difficult to describe without learning some shorthand language to talk about it all. It might be worth checking out PB's posts to see how an INFP who has grown into these levels of understandings handles things.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
That post up there rivals my posts on things. But, unlike my walls of text, it is actually well constructed.

That being said, my grandfather, an ISTJ who is actually quite hugely successful, can actually relate to both me and my brother quite well. The way I see it is that in the future, my brother will accept me more, and I will accept him more. :D

And, if I'm correct in my type, that kid in the back of the math class that hates me for no reason will accept me more as well. I dunno though. I'll tell you in the future though.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm as far as I know, the best match is introvert+extrovert, intuitive+intuitive, sensor+sensor, feeler+thinker, perceiver+judger

The MBTI "natural partners"

I'm going to call these pairings group A so that you can see the pattern. Group A's primary partner's Aux function is the same but of the inverse attitude, the same can be said of the Dominant function. The point is that it will become clear as you see the secondary partner.

What you, [MENTION=18559]Inis Mona[/MENTION] are referring to is Group B, which is not where INFP falls into. INFP is in Group A.

Group A

ESFJ (12.3%) + ISFP (8.8%) (Primary) -> Fe Si + Fi Se. ESFJ + INFP (Secondary) -> Fe Si + Fi Ne (Aux is different)
ESTJ ( 8.7%) + ISTP (5.4%) (Primary) -> Te Si + Ti Se. ESTJ + INTP (Secondary) -> Te Si + Ti Ne (Aux is different)
ENFJ ( 2.5%) + INFP (4.4%) (Primary) -> Fe Ni + Fi Ne. ENFJ + ISFP (Secondary) -> Fe Ni + Fi Se (Aux is different)
ENTJ ( 1.8%) + INTP (3.3%) (Primary) -> Te Ni + Ti Ne. ENTJ + ISTP (Secondary) -> Te Ni + Ti Se (Aux is different)
Total E = 25.3% vs Total I = 21.9%
Total Group A = 47.2%

Group B

ESFP (8.5%) + ISTJ (11.6 %) (Primary) -> Se Fi + Si Te (Aux is different). ESFP + ISFJ (Secondary) -> Se Fi + Si Fe
ENFP (8.1%) + INTJ ( 2.1 %) (Primary) -> Ne Fi + Ni Te (Aux is different). ENFP + INFJ (Secondary) -> Ne Fi + Ni Fe
ENTP (3.2%) + INFJ ( 1.46%) (Primary) -> Ne Ti + Ni Fe (Aux is different). ENTP + INTJ (Secondary) -> Ne Ti + Ni Te
ESTP (4.3%) + ISFJ (13.8 %) (Primary) -> Se Ti + Si Fe (Aux is different). ESTP + ISTJ (Secondary) -> Se Ti + Si Te
Total E = 24.1% vs Total I = 28.96%
Total Group B = 53.06%

Keep in mind I left out the the Tertiary and Inferior functions.

I also made a mistake thinking that Group A would be more, but clearly not. It seems I mistook Group A's Extraverted count as the majority. I used this source for my stats: Myers Briggs Statistics | Statistic Brain

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ok. All of this makes sense. Theorically makes sense. But real life application is different from theory. MBTI, Socionics or whatever helps you figuring out your thinking patterns.Not destinies. We all grow to OPEN our minds, that's for sure, and from what all of you are saying, ESTJs are the last people I will open my mind towards as I age.
Relationships can be put in some sort of psychological theory to some degree, but something as whimsical,unpredictable and uncontrolled as love is impossible to put inside of a theoretical box.

What life has taught me even though I do am relatively young, is that opposites attract to some degree. And I have thousands of examples.
You can be attracted to your opposite and be fine in some cases, but mostly from what I can see, half of society is built by families composed by couples of two extremely opposed poles, and this creates an incredible amount of unhappiness in the 80% of couples. They end up in a relationship because opposites attract themselves and then after the flames cool out they become unable to love each other back.

Why do I need an Extrovert as partner if my Introversion is caused by my hatred towards people?

If I am in a relationship with an Introvert they can understand my need to be ''left alone'' we charge separately and then live together. It's perfect.

And no. ESTJs won't affect my relationship. Not even a slightest bit. I am concerned about it because I just learnt about this, and I will probably forget this all in a couple of days.

Attraction. I don't find people attractive. I rarely experience some sort of attraction, and I did feel attraction only towards people with my same type or just a letter away.
Anyway the way I find attraction in people can't be related to love or sexual attraction, is more of a vibe that tells me it's a person potentially similar to me and healthy.

My INTP partner has been in a lot of relationships with opposite types. He always says that the attraction at first is impossible to ignore. But they will eventually slowly grow to hate each other, and he would drastically end up their relationship.
And guess what? He felt the same attraction towards me the first time he saw me and heard my voice.
Even if I am just only one letter away.
He never makes me cry or suffer.
He is always by my side even if something extremely insignificant happens.
And I often think that all our debates are so intellectually stimulating that is enough fuel to feed both of us with it.
I think we don't even need sex as long as we have our brains and we can debate and discover stuff together.
ESTJs? Will only become wood for our fireplace.
So no. I think is quite inaccurate to say that it will be something that will affect my future relationships.
Because it just won't. I will come here in 10 years and tell that I haven't change my mind.
This doesn't implies that I will keep on rejecting SJs, I will probably like them because I always make myself accept realities I don't like, because you can live at peace with your own self if you are more accepting of the world that surrounds you... even if it doesn't mean that I would agree with them.

Yes. I totally agree. I NEED SJs. We all do. So they can make all the works NFs and NTs find boring and useless so we can keep doing our nothingness, something an SJ would find boring an useless, so we can keep a world relatively balanced and spinning.
We need all kind of people in the world. We need to see them, talk about them, hate them, ignore them, love them.
It doesn't mean that because of that I have to love everything I hate and that everything I hate will unconditionally influence my relationships even if fairly healthy.

I will conclude the rant saying:
I DO NOT think Ns Are superiors, we need Ss, otherwise we'll be lost in most cases, we need they practicability and discipline even if we don't marry them. We need to learn from them.
It's like saying there's someone who prefers black people over white people. But he grows to know they both have good things and reasons to coexist.
He learns to love both black and white, but it doesn't mean that he would find his opposite skin and marry them.

Okay I'm done.
Of course you will find a lot of flaws in my speech, even because I was in the middle of a crazy dream and some really terribly loud noise just woke me up and I felt the irrational need to write.
Love all of you anyway.
Bye.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't confuse extrovert with extraverted functions. The Exxx stands for Extraverted because the first function is Extraverted.e.g ESTJ is Extraverted Thinking (Te) first. ESFJ is Extraverted Feeling (Fe) (mostly human orientated). It doesn't mean that they are extroverts any sense.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Don't confuse extrovert with extraverted functions. The Exxx stands for Extraverted because the first function is Extraverted.e.g ESTJ is Extraverted Thinking (Te) first. ESFJ is Extraverted Feeling (Fe) (mostly human orientated). It doesn't mean that they are extroverts any sense.

Yes. I know that. But it is also true that it affects intraversion and extraversion quite a bit. Anyway I know some I types are more extraverted than some E types.
But INFPs are clearly asocial in relation to ESTJs.
ISTJs are fairly more social than INFPs as well.
INTPs are more asocial than INFPs but they are better extraverts than we are.