• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] A Challenge to Ni users

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I predict that sometime within the next 15 years the United States will embark upon a major war, which it will win. Right now we perceive that the U.S. debt and such will down its global position; this is illusory. The U.S. will continue to rise, and will continue to dominate the globe for much of the next century.

How is that for a prediction?

We will hold you to it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you know... threads like this are amusing in the most dismal way possible...

people who feel the need to prove that they're so smart and they don't even fucking understand what they're talking about

you don't get it... functions are not cheese, they do not stand alone :doh:

nobody can use ANY function purely, without input from all of the others just as you can't purely use any system of your body for any action

please quit confirming the trite saying "common sense isn't all that common"

:)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only personal predictions I care about are whether I will get the job I am planning to apply for, and whether my whole plan for transitioning to a new position will work out as desired. This is what Ni does for me. It is thus not so much predictive as instructive. It helps me see what is possible, and the best way to get there.

If I want to know what will happen in Afghanistan or what the iPhone 9 will look like, I read the opinions of others who have studied those topics in depth.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
for an idea as to how it works as a supporting function:

that moment when you start to get some sort of creeping sense that SOMETHING IS WRONG... there's been input from other sources and it's been linking in the back of your mind as you deal with the problems and work in front of you, but before you've figured out what it is that's happening the alarm bells go off... SOMETHING IS WRONG

so you look up from what you're doing, scan over the numbers one more time and take inventory of workers and supplies and you find what's wrong and you fix it :shrug:

however, it's never used in a pure form, always tied to other sources and manners of processing... I predicted accurately how the workflow was going to go at work on Friday when the computer models didn't, but that's because I drew in sources of knowledge that the computers didn't... that of course won't impress you because you don't know what I do or what that involves ;)

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The only personal predictions I care about are whether I will get the job I am planning to apply for, and whether my whole plan for transitioning to a new position will work out as desired. This is what Ni does for me. It is thus not so much predictive as instructive. It helps me see what is possible, and the best way to get there.

If I want to know what will happen in Afghanistan or what the iPhone 9 will look like, I read the opinions of others who have studied those topics in depth.

I’m also very curios, but don’t worry we already know all the things we need to live.
And the ability to learn all the things we could ever learn.
This is pretty much like a slo-mo we’re bing in.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm.. prediction, did you mean knowing?
not to be confused with perceiving.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Isn't perceiving knowing for Ni? Make your Ni predictions and I'll let you know if they qualify.
So you're gonna remain completely objective in your qualification process, right?

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Isn't perceiving knowing for Ni? Make your Ni predictions and I'll let you know if they qualify.

Ni bothers and sisters, I’m sure you knew I haven’t rejected the challenge at first because of ego, ..
It’s just that I feel like there’s more than “just for fun” about this thread.
Not necessarily creepy, also as you know, snipers fight form far away.
Yet they hide the trickiest, why? Because he himself, shoot at whom cannot see him.
I think it’s enough said, no, not excuse, this one needs time, I’m saving my ‘em for the best shot.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
are you M's manager?...or just another NTJ clown?
Believing that your challenge is.. well, lacking.. isn't just an 'NTJ' thing.

Your own prediction was that this thread would show that it's "beyond normal human powers to consistently anticipate the future." Do you want your prediction to be evaluated? Are you confident in your prediction? Are you willing to stand by it? If so, you'll need some actual participation in your challenge. You'll also need a target that's not carnie-level rigged.

James Randi sets some clear criteria, and he gets people to take his challenge on national TV. If you actually want this thread to prove anything, some idea of what you're after would be a good start.

Last edited:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I get the job I am about to apply for, am able to negotiate some fairly specific hiring conditions, and manage to arrange several things to my liking at my current job before leaving (in short - if my overall transition plan works), I will consider my application of Ni (plus associated functions) to be successful in this case. Unfortunately I won't have these results for several months yet.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Lost my reputation [here, of course not in reality along as I can see through etc]
I’m not sure until when ********** is not busy and won’t turn his back away for a while.
I’m not sure if there’ll be anyone else to realise it’s unfair and I don’t deserve to be ****ed.
All I care for is that I know and I feel it never happened, I’m never like that.
I’m satisfied, yet disappointed at ***, *** *****, ******* and few others.
They got their days made. They’re losers, even parts of them know it, their ego is blinding them.
What do the people will to be blind do? they fall. Unless..
Unless? Unless they open their eyes.
**** will wonder if I’ve learnt my lesson, no, he know’s I’m right.
It
’s just that he was just like me, and now is older than me.
Please. I tell you, be more clever unless you regret when I’m lost.
Oh right, I won’t lose, I’ll become you.
I’m still trying to find the reason, I expect it to be either childish or too impressive.
You know what, express the impress you have, at least to me, don’t be etc.
And yes it’s creepy when I start typing down what I think, but don’t worry it won’t happen unless I find a way to prevent it.
And no fate is unchangeable but unknown. It’s the result of such a sum. ;)
- - - -
Yeah considering manners and morals, I should keep parts of this secret.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's just like Ti to view a perceiving function in a specific, definable term. Ni is not just an ability to predict the future. It is about viewing reality in terms of the underlying patterns, the background feelings of it, the energy behind the motion. Ni is also about attempting to form a sense of the whole of reality. Because of this it has a tendency to make connections in a way different from other functions. It's not a superpower or literally psychic ability.

I actually think it can be both the most accurate and the most erroneous function in terms of intuition. It is willing to take in a bigger spectrum, take bigger risks of insight than a judging function. It doesn't dismiss anything, but simply internalizes the whole of everything encountered. When something is encountered that makes no sense, that doesn't fit anywhere into the internal scheme, it isn't by nature rejected by that specific function, but rather reoriented over and over until it find some place to connect or rest.

So what do you want to hear from a Ni-dom about predictions? Do you want to know if you are going to get a job or a girlfriend you are working towards? Do you want to hear that the reptilians from the Draco system are going to have a final battle with the Greys making all the religions and superstitions throughout history to finally make sense? (too much wine + "Ancient Aliens). I suppose I could predict that we will all die or there will be another sunrise.

This is my prediction: Life will continue to take unexpected turns in both my life and yours. Or perhaps the turns aren't so unexpected as they are events we aren't prepared to face, although we know on some level we must. Life will continue to be difficult, and in some ways hard in exactly the most painful ways for each of us individually as we consciously and sub-consciously work out the scars of our pasts and as we continue to use our broken tools and assumptions to rebuild ourselves in an never ending search to become whole.

ygolo

My termites win
are you M's manager?...or just another NTJ clown?

This dynamic is getting pretty ridiculous. I have gotten caught up in it myself, but characterizing entire groups of people based on a dominant function (or dom and aux) has to be the among the weirdest and most esoteric forms prejudice I've come across...although, I can think of worse.

In some sense, it's not unexpected (and could have been predicted :) ), since according the 'lasagna' model, Ni takes the "critical parent" role for INTPs (It's also the "insight" role, btw in its positive aspect). Similarly, Ti takes the critical parent/insight role for INTJs.

Making predictions from models is something available to every person on the planet. This "beyond human powers" requirement is tautologically impossible unless you think the posts here come from non-humans.

I predict you will respond and clarify what you meant by the op, or respond in a manner that is very defensive.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You know you’re rocking Ni when you answer the person you’re having a conversation with before he asks.
And you end up ruining it.
Oh God, I should remember just because you want to say something it doesn’t mean you actually said it.

Abby Ann

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
0w0
I think that the reason Ni users don't make accurate predictions on a global level anymore is because modern society has reduced the importance of the source of Ni's true power - the unconscious mind. How many government officials would listen to advice given based on a hunch? Because of the bias against 'hunches' and intuition, most government officials probably don't even share their hunches and intuitive insights with their superiors, for fear of being ridiculed, maybe even demoted. Modern society demands proof and sensory data in order to even consider taking action on the kind of level that a situation like 9/11 would've required. Our government is essentially trapped in a sensory box, and I don't see it getting out anytime soon.