• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personality Type - Best Sites On The Internet

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As announced in the Forum Improvement Thread, we've added a new area to the forum to list the best sites on the Internet related to personality type. Any recommendations on sites to consider? The listing can be accessed by clicking on TypologyCentral WikiSource on the home page. I put a few categories and links out there to start to get it going. You can expect this list to be selective.

Please provide three things:
- A link to the site you're recommending
- A sentence describing the site
- Why you think this is one of the best sites on the Internet

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personality types | 16Personalities

It's well laid out and has different sections including Types by Temperment and for each type:
INTRODUCTION
Strengths & Weaknesses
Romantic Relationships
Friendships
Parenthood
Career Paths
Workplace Habits
Conclusion

Not perfect, as no one site is, but this one has really fantastic User Design PLUS content. Kinda rare. I also like the cartoons of each of the types and how, for example, the rationals are in a gray color scheme. It's very visual and I like that.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It's well laid out and has different sections including Types by Temperment and for each type:
INTRODUCTION
Strengths & Weaknesses
Romantic Relationships
Friendships
Parenthood
Career Paths
Workplace Habits
Conclusion

Not perfect, as no one site is, but this one has really fantastic User Design PLUS content. Kinda rare. I also like the cartoons of each of the types and how, for example, the rationals are in a gray color scheme. It's very visual and I like that.

The site and profiles are indeed beautifully done - probably the best I have seen aesthetically. I like that the content is not all old rehashed stuff. My key objection is that profiles tend towards overstatement or overcertainty of features of a particular type, leading to stereotypes. That site is definitely worth considering. I actually reached out to that site owner directly in August and told them how good I thought their site was, so it's funny this is the first suggestion coming in.

Edit: Site added

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The site and profiles are indeed beautifully done - probably the best I have seen aesthetically. I like that the content is not all old rehashed stuff. My key objection is that profiles tend towards overstatement or overcertainty of features of a particular type, leading to stereotypes. That site is definitely worth considering. I actually reached out to that site owner directly in August and told them how good I thought their site was, so it's funny this is the first suggestion coming in.

Edit: Site added

Ha, interesting. Yeah, I'm sure you'd know a lot more about the actual content, but I agree, the aesthetics are the best so far. I'd be curious to know who did the drawings of the types if you ever find out. Like I even remember the smirk on the ENTPs face. Ha, I like those little things.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any more nominations?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. This isn't a site per se, but it's one of my favorite reference pages for Enneagram: Socionics - the16types.info - Enneagram: Characteristics of Fixation (Whether single pages can useful I don't know, but thought it couldn't hurt to mention it.)

2. It's a succinct list of several different useful aspects of the Enneagram for each type (e.g. "How to help other Enneagram types"; "How each type creates conflict"; etc). It's like Enneagram flash cards.

3. Because that^, and (asaik) it seems pretty accurate.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

INTRODUCTION
Strengths & Weaknesses
Romantic Relationships
Friendships
Parenthood
Career Paths
Workplace Habits
Conclusion

This site is amazing.

Among other things, I do think it's more fair than others in that SJs are given a name that isn't just "SJs: The group that fulfills duties or whatever," and S-types are couched as "Observant."

It's also very pretty.