• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Resources: Let's Collect!

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Good basic Jung tutorial

I meant to add this awhile ago but here's a link for a very solid basic tutorial on how Carl Jung explained the functions NOT MBTI.

Carl Jung's Phychological Types

Also added to OP.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
I meant to add this awhile ago but here's a link for a very solid basic tutorial on how Carl Jung explained the functions NOT MBTI.

Carl Jung's Phychological Types

Also added to OP.

To maybe nit-pick (or at least to pick a very single thing of your link): that Benziger, as compared to Lenore Thomson, seems to talk only about Si ('basal left'), Fi ('basal right'), Te ('frontal left') and Ne ('frontal right'), throwing things on a single pile, where there are more differences in Thomson's model (that I think do more justice).
Now let me think, could this say something about her possible type? Yeah it does, she might very well be Si-Ne and Te-Fi herself, which can be ESTJ, INFP, ISTJ, ENFP.
Seems she's only taking it partially (In my quick analysis).

doremon12

MBTI Type
dore
Enneagram
dore

Hey Haight, yeah - I haven't been around in a while.

I closed down my startup (after 4 years) a few months ago and I've been scrambling to figure out what to do next with my life. I think hanging out on mbti forums, reading magazines, getting drunk and watching movies will have to suffice for a while or until my funds run out.

anarchos

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Flip through all 7 pages of this thread & I'm surprised no one posted this link yet: http://www.personalitypage.com/

Probably the best free resources regarding the MBTI there is.

Pay 5 USD, and you'll get yourself a MBTI questionaire (which I thought was fairly accurate).

davidwilsoon

MBTI Type
davi
Enneagram
davi
meanlittlechimp is here!

Sorry. Carry on . . .

What's wrong with Do What You Are? Why is it in the mediocre category? I think it explains the functions and temperaments better and less stereotypically than Keirsey's Please Understand Me II.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Is anyone else noticing a pattern with the n00bz above?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lenore Tomson's function descriptions, courtesey of Personality Nation since greenlightwiki is down a lot

This pleases us.

I appreciate the valuable information on the Si as I have been fighting against the standard 'memory' interpretation for a long time here. The idea that Si uses a body memory template is a useful way of explaining it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Granted the truth of Yukawa's analysis of Si, I would like to bring up a point related to this:

'Now he is to make a second sandwich without the help of the recipe. The Si user’s memory is poor, unfortunately, so he can’t remember the recipe from heart, HOWEVER, he can “feel” out the sensation as he makes it. The Si user will have a sensation that tells him, wasn’t it the bread slice first that needs to be covered with mustard and mayo? He does not need to even say this. His gut feeling will tell him that probably is the first correct approach.'

That is not just a gut feeling, it is a JUDGMENT.

Permabanned
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQoOqQiVzwQ"]Try this[/YOUTUBE]

Feedback for the accuracy of the video is welcome.

Last edited:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQoOqQiVzwQ"]Try this[/YOUTUBE]

Feedback for the accuracy of the video is welcome.

Ok my feedback is that this video is about as accurate as skimming a flat stone across a river top in an attempt to understand what lives at the bottom of it.

I suppose that is a little harsh, it does explain the generalities fairly well but it leaves out the point of contexuality.

So what happens if a person looks at that styrofoam cup and cannot relate to exactly what the bullet points are telling them? Yes it is true that if you have a bit of knowledge and intelligence then you will realise that they are truely meant as mere examples of how either an S or N might observe that cup. But most people will try to....stick to what the 'rules' are and wonder that they aren't thinking about saving the planet or if the cup has a conical shape.

The same goes for the J and P part, it clearly wishes to give generalised examples of what the J and P dichotomy might produce in a person, but you will always get those who are looking at it very literally and without that same knowledge of context.
Thus we end up with people going "hey I love to see things through and finished...." "BUT WAIT, I also like to be spontaneous" "Arrggh I am confuzzled".

It is good as an introduction to the theory but it assumes too much about how well it's audience possesses the ability to understand the subtleties of a theory they may not have researched or come into contact with before.

It's for the same reason most test's are usually worthless. People either type themselves based on their observation of a persona rather than their cognition, or they know enough to understand why a particular question is being asked and will end up twisting the answers for their own personal preference, either consciously or not.

Permabanned
Ok my feedback is that this video is about as accurate as skimming a flat stone across a river top in an attempt to understand what lives at the bottom of it.

I suppose that is a little harsh, it does explain the generalities fairly well but it leaves out the point of contexuality.

So what happens if a person looks at that styrofoam cup and cannot relate to exactly what the bullet points are telling them? Yes it is true that if you have a bit of knowledge and intelligence then you will realise that they are truely meant as mere examples of how either an S or N might observe that cup. But most people will try to....stick to what the 'rules' are and wonder that they aren't thinking about saving the planet or if the cup has a conical shape.

The same goes for the J and P part, it clearly wishes to give generalised examples of what the J and P dichotomy might produce in a person, but you will always get those who are looking at it very literally and without that same knowledge of context.
Thus we end up with people going "hey I love to see things through and finished...." "BUT WAIT, I also like to be spontaneous" "Arrggh I am confuzzled".

It is good as an introduction to the theory but it assumes too much about how well it's audience possesses the ability to understand the subtleties of a theory they may not have researched or come into contact with before.

It's for the same reason most test's are usually worthless. People either type themselves based on their observation of a persona rather than their cognition, or they know enough to understand why a particular question is being asked and will end up twisting the answers for their own personal preference, either consciously or not.

Excellent. Glad it helped.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Stay on topic pls. Also that's...private, man.

Sorry what I meant was, I was criticising it and you said 'glad it helped' as if the feedback was positive.

So I assumed you were joking.