• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensing, Intuition, and Glasses

Vote, please!

• Total voters

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
This is the most funny effort trying to figure out the connection between personality traits and physical traits (so far). :laugh:

edel weiss

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've been myopic since I was 6 years old.

My number is very high, I currently have a power of -8 in both eyes. I used to be rather unhappy about my thick glasses when I was about 14 years old, but I've been wearing contact lenses for a few years now. :) I wear them all the time, naturally.

I can barely see anything without my lenses or glasses. I'm so shortsighted I have to practically put my nose to a page to read it. Everything looks happy and blurry without my lenses on. It's like being on drugs. :D

I can't imagine why there'd be a correlation about type and glasses.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
20-20 vision here. I figure if N's live in their heads too much, they lose their eyesight? But with my experience, nah. Perhaps we should bring our parents into the equation? Taking type into consideration too?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
20-20 vision here. I figure if N's live in their heads too much, they lose their eyesight? But with my experience, nah. Perhaps we should bring our parents into the equation? Taking type into consideration too?

Well it could be that some eyesight deterioration is hereditary. My entire immediate family wears glasses, my father is farsighted like his mother. I'm nearsighted like my mother and brother.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That's probably true. I'm guilty of the contacts>glasses bit. And I've worn glasses since I was 5.
I wear both. IxTP? :D I imagine not liking the feeling of this thing on your face should do it. That or being klutzy enough to destroy the glasses with regular wear.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
If I may veer off topic here -- then what is an intuitive? Why are so many of the people here sensors who think they're intuitive?

Because N is clearly greater than S.

What a silly question. Are you a rabbit?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Because N is clearly greater than S.

What a silly question. Are you a rabbit?

Umm...

You know what they say. When you're on the internet, nobody can tell you're a dog... err, rabbit. But it seems that my cover has been blown.

How did you know?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Umm...

You know what they say. When you're on the internet, nobody can tell you're a dog... err, rabbit. But it seems that my cover has been blown.

How did you know?

It was all your fluffy cuteness! :wubbie:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm, I'm just farsighted enough that it bothers me when reading but the optometrist doesn't think the correction I needs is worth writing a perscription for. Where do I fall?

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ

Do the glasses mean that as N you can see even FURTHER into future possibilities....

:huh:

ps: I haven't read this thread just voted and posted...I shall go back now and see what the heck you're trying to say here

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
From what I'd read, I thought 20/8 was the best the human eye could be naturally.

I had surgery bitch!

I don't know... I mean I doubt they did any conclusive study proving that it's physically impossible for a human eye to see that well. I read the chart... maybe the bitch lied to me? I may have heard her wrong... twenty sixteen maybe?

There are always flukes -- you yourself are one.
20/10 right? That's not exactly common.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm an N and I have 20/15 vision. But 20/10? Wow, that's some sharp vision!

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, of course not. You have to take them off to sleep.
I've tried telling my son that, but he's not convinced.

I'm near-sighted, but not badly. My license is not restricted, but it's hard for me to read street signs, etc without them. I :heart: my glasses and how well I see with them while I'm out and about, but I have my living room set up so that I don't need my glasses to watch TV and I take off my glasses as soon as I walk in the door, just like I take off my shoes.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I had surgery bitch!

I don't know... I mean I doubt they did any conclusive study proving that it's physically impossible for a human eye to see that well. I read the chart... maybe the bitch lied to me? I may have heard her wrong... twenty sixteen maybe?

Could be, or maybe you just have incredible vision. I could be wrong too, I just thought that's what I remembered reading a while ago, when I got curious as to what 20/10 meant and spent a bit of time on wikipedia.

There are always flukes -- you yourself are one.
20/10 right? That's not exactly common.

Exactly....actually, it's more that I'm always the odd one. At least with vision, it's in the better than normal instead of worse.