• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INJs -- are you tired?

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
It's funny because even though I'm tired in this sense, I have a lot of trouble getting to sleep.

I wonder if we have any other types that would like to weigh in on this?

I'm right there with ya. I'm physically and mentally exhausted, but my mind starts racing the second my head hits the pillow & I have a realy hard time falling asleep.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, I am tired, but generally I think it is worse among INFJs than INTJs, because INFJs tend to be more neurotic. I am just generally bored at the moment, and when I am not passionate about something, I am tired...

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I feel like I've been tired since I was eleven years old.
Damn. Me too. I knew we had many things in common.

Oh and INTJ's can be neurotic too. I know one who is so neurotic he freaks me out whenever we go to their house. He's fine as long as he's drinking but shit, otherwise...

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm always physically tired.

Yeah, me too. I'm always ready for a good nap.
But yes, whenever I get down in the dumps, I will sometimes try and sleep it off.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, especially now. I just started a new job that requires me to be away from home 10 to 10-1/2 hours on weekdays. The work is interesting, but I have to adjust to new procedures, people, environment, etc.; steep learning curve = fatigue.

My kids are home and my husband snores; when my son's away, my husband can move to another bed, but in the summer that's not an option. So I'm kinda sleep-deprived.

I'm not so busy socially these days, but when I am, that takes a lot out of me, too. These days I come home, eat dinner, do a little email and foruming and watch something entertaining.

And I'm starting school at the end of the month. People my age are retiring and I'm returning to school. You bet I'm tired.

heart

heart on fire
It's normal to be tired though if a person lives a very busy hectic life. People who are patrents of several children and working or people who work full time and go to school as well, will be more tired than others. They are simply using up their energies more than other people, but a fatigue problem is when the energy isn't there to be used to begin with.

I'd be more interested in how tired people are in contrast to how active they are, are you able to call on your energy to meet the daily goals and needs of your life?....but then of course it's not my thread! :blush:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Interesting. I could see that.
If that's true- I would say it's due to inferior Se..

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Interesting. I could see that.
If that's true- I would say it's due to inferior Se..

That's very interesting. I always get extremely tired at museums; all that sensory input wears me out. Yet my INTP husband has no trouble at museums; he whizzes through and feels fine.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm
i get tired when i'm sitting in one place for too long, especially if i'm doing nothing
but when out and about, i'm energetic and sanguine

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I've noticed a trend among a few INJs, that they seem to be... tired. Not exactly physically, but more mentally and emotionally. I've heard that under too much stress, INJs are the type of people who will crawl into bed and try to stay there as long as possible.

Maybe INTJ's low tolerances for inefficiency is because they tire easily. That INJs seem to have that 'closeminded certitude' because having to wade through possible answers that likely aren't right anyway would take so much energy. I don't know. What other types tire easily?

It seems like a point... to see which types seem to have the most energy, and which have the least. I don't know if this is coherent... I'm so damn tired.

I'm exhausted.

Nighty night. :sleeping:

Edit: Anyway, I'm always tired and I have a really hard time falling to sleep. When I finally get to sleep, I usually wake up every couple of hours or so.

Last edited:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I'm usually not that tired.

I expend the absolute minimal amount of energy for a given task and I do it at my own pace unless otherwise required so I always have back-up energy to burn.
If I'm doing something too mentally exhausting, my mind will automatically slow down or temporarily shut down.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, usually too much and I'm out for a whole day, but I eat a lot which keeps up my energy to practice with weapons and such.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
under too much stress, INJs are the type of people who will crawl into bed and try to stay there as long as possible

Stress and adrenaline activate me a lot, I feel alive when I'm stressed out.

I'm not the most active person, though, and can feel stretched thin from time to time when people expect too much from me with regard to stuff out there in the real world.

Chalk me up for insomnia.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm usually tired and just feel like lounging in front of my computer desk all day at times. It's a big deal for me to get up and have to do other boring things, and I get very lazy when I have to do stuff that doesn't interest me. I do get bursts of energy whenever I learn and ponder knew, exciting things, though.

And yes, when I get really stressed out, I tend to feel too tired to do anything, though I'll feel a need to do what I can to get the stress out of the way.

F

FigerPuppet

I'm tired right now. I've been debating Eurosceptics the whole evening, and it just seems like an impossible task to punch some facts into their heads regarding the Lisbon Treaty. I ended up writing a letter containing possible solutions to the widespread ignorance of people in Europe regarding EU to the Ombudsman of the European Union. I become tired when I feel helpless and when issues are too big for me alone to handle. It exhausts me, but I can't get the issue and the solutions to it out of my head. If just I was the leader and people would do what I said, then everything would be much easier.

*Sigh* I'm going to bed.

LeetoLydia

MBTI Type
Unkn
Only if it involves social stuff or constantly being "on your game." It seems like after an hour of going out and being around people, I'm freakin' exhausted. Also, when people invade "my" environment, I get exhausted too.

But I could stay up all night having a great conversation or playing a game that I'm really into and be fine.

*yawn*

:yes: I'm that way. I seem to need naps almost daily, no matter what I'll be doing outside. But then I can stay up hours playing video games and not getting sleepy. I used to play WoW from 9 or 10 pm till sunrise. I've also had conversations with people all night long.

I think it's because my brain gets so active I forget about being tired. I'm also a night owl, so maybe that's what it comes down to. I don't go out much though, so I doubt it. :party: