• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NFs and their causes

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love how the we are championing ourselves against science. Fuck science.

Have I mentioned yet that I don't like this thread?

I don't like this thread.

hahaha! Sweet! :devil:

Seriously...why does everyone think the world "would be fine" if there were only type X, be type X whatever it may??? The world would not be fine if there were only one kind of person, regardless what type. Anyway, I do not think the world would be perfect no matter what we are talking about - philosophy, religion, type, or any other criteria...We are talking about the human condition here, and human beings do NOT make sense, they do NOT function like machines and they are NOT perfect. So I wish you folks would stop trying to make people "work."

Be that as it may, probably the most "perfect" a human being could ever get has nothing to do with being extremely one way or another, be it thinking or feeling. A "perfect" human being would be "perfectly" balanced and have command over all eight functions. Since that is impossible - and this has been debated across many topics - "perfection" is impossible. But I certainly would not define "perfection" as stifling E, I, S, N, T, F, J, or P. It is accepting and loving yourself for who you are and finding someone compatible to yourself so that you can reach as much "perfection" as you can.

In my opinion, finding a partner or friends, for example is all about compatibility. It is finding strengths in other people that you do not have so that you can grow and develop.

Why is this BlueWing so obsessed with F? Hmmm? Could it be that he is secretly yearning for that which he has not yet mastered? His quest for the "other"? Could be.

But as BlueWing already mentioned, I am not about to start pyschoanalyzing this guy (I assume he is a man). Too much work, not enough benefit. Okay, rational cost-benefit analysis says, HELL NO! But it is just toooooo intriguing to let go.

He knows all about intellectualism, academia, and writing long diatribes about topics that are totally unreadable. But has he truly lost himself in another human being? Has he felt that he could trust another? Has he totally given up his ego and loved himself? Has he experienced the joy of creating stories and playing with a stuffed animal, letting go, and just acting like a total nut? Perhaps not. And in his quest for that which is totally foreign and appealing, he finds that it is truly what he wants...can't admit it, so he demonstrates it as repulsive.

Ahhhhh, how fascinating the human psyche is. But I would venture a guess that deep down in his unconscious self, BlueWing would love to know what it is like to be NF. He just needs to take the giant tree out of his...well, ahem, eye.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it's already obvious that much of what BlueWing does is driven by frothing Fi. He just refuses to acknowledge it.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, it's already obvious that much of what BlueWing does is driven by frothing Fi. He just refuses to acknowledge it.

Exactly, exactly, EXACTLY that. He cannot handle it; he does not know how. So he represses it...

Let it go, BlueWing...Trust me!!!! Just let it happen. Go out, skip through the woods, shout at the top of your lungs, and blow bubbles. It helps, man, really.

Dude, you totally need an ENFP to wake your rear end up. I'd love to see him fall for one and learn what it means to love. :heart:

If I knew this guy's address, I would send him a Pooh and Piglet like my avatar. I totally would!!!! Wheeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Uh... He must be the most rational guy out there. Nice to know that there's someone guiding the light of reason.

He wants everyone to think he is the most rational guy out there. When no one loves you, you do not have to return the love. And when you do not return love, you do not get hurt. You are impervious. Until you get cancer, or get burnout, or a brain fart, or a heart attack, or just commit suicide because you have no reason to live, or get depression. Hopefully the guy will learn to love his F before it hurts him.

But to be fair to the poor guy, it is not just him. It's lots of people...even NFs. Maybe especially NFs. Or people afraid of feeling. It takes courage to feel.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Hopefully the guy will learn to love his F before it hurts him.

It is hurting already. That's where his energy is coming from. It's not easy to love something that hurts. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be NF in denial.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Bluewing is definitely in trouble with all the love shared here. :laugh:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is hurting already. That's where his energy is coming from. It's not easy to love something that hurts. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be NF in denial.

You know what, Nolla, I was just thinking that! Do you know that when I was his age - I think he mentioned he was 21 - I used to test INTP or INTJ, too?!?!?!!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?! Good gracious!!!

C'mon, Bluey!!!! :devil: You know you want to join the dark side.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My point is that he's been here a good long while, and been approached in a great variety of ways, and yet he doesn't change at all.

I'm not waiting for him to change. He won't. It's silly to continue acting like there's any hope of real insight accomplishment here. History tells us otherwise.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My point is that he's been here a good long while, and been approached in a great variety of ways, and yet he doesn't change at all.

I'm not waiting for him to change. He won't. It's silly to continue acting like there's any hope of real insight accomplishment here. History tells us otherwise.

Magic, I ain't giving up on this guy yet...besides, what people portray online is not always their true inner selves.

Of course no one can CHANGE this guy. That would be awful. He needs to develop.

We never stay put. We either move forward or backward.

And no matter what type you are, moving forward means achieving balance.

I have a motto in life:

"Life is nothing more than a struggle for balance."

It is true in nature - so it is true for human nature. Once BlueWing recognizes it and embraces it, he will be on the right path, I think.

He's so young, though. He has a lot of growing up to do. He reminds me of myself at that age. Grrrrr, hear me roar about the evils of feeling; I'm a THINKING person - RATIONAL. All you people-loving hippies betta get away from me - you corrupt me. I'm a conservative with a huge pole up my rear end!!! YAYYYYY!!! Look at the size of it!!!! And all you so-called laid-back people are a bunch of retards. *I* do not go to parties; *I* have a good vocabulary - and *I* am eloquent. Pfffft, and you low-breed sissies wanna teach me how to feel - HAHAHAHAAHA! Good luck, JACK!!!!

Blah blah blah. Nahhhhhh - there's hope. ;) I just know it!!!!!!!!!!!

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP

Well... he has the potential as he likes to think about feelings that much... other than that, I don't like to be a cynic.

You know what, Nolla, I was just thinking that!

That's because I am your father.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well... he has the potential as he likes to think about feelings that much... other than that, I don't like to be a cynic.

That's because I am your father.

HAHAHA! ;-) I knew it, damn it!!!!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It doesn't matter what his personlity is like off-line, we'll never see it, and we'll never access him by any means other than the internet.

Also, I'm younger than he is. I don't buy into the "he's young, let him go" argument, because he clearly only needs to be as old as me to be at my level. :D

Not that I think I'm an amazing guy, but compared to him? He's Goofus and I'm Gallant.

Keep having patience with him, and you'll just be continuing what has been continued far too long. I've been here almost a year, and he's been here longer than me. Dig back into his history. He's been the same the whole time. And like Cafe pointed out, he does this on other forums, too! There's a point when the justice of patience and compassion wanes.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It doesn't matter what his personlity is like off-line, we'll never see it, and we'll never access him by any means other than the internet.

Also, I'm younger than he is. I don't buy into the "he's young, let him go" argument, because he clearly only needs to be as old as me to be at my level. :D

Not that I think I'm an amazing guy, but compared to him? He's Goofus and I'm Gallant.

Hehehehe...Oh man!!! I love it.

I wish there were voice to go along with this!!!! I often wonder what people sound like. Like "Grrrrr!!!! I'm a RATIONAL!!!!!!!!!!" :devil:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd love to hear the opening post read to me by John Malkovich.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow I picture either a droning, monotonous voice that just keeps going, and going, and going like the energizer bunny rabbit to the point where you just wanna take a hammer and...

OR an impassioned dramaticized speaker...Like Goebbels on drugs.

"ICH FRAGE EUCH: WOLLT IHR DEN TOTALEN KRIEG? Wollt ihr ihn, wenn nötig, totaler und radikaler, als wir ihn uns heute überhaupt erst vorstellen können? GEGEN DIE NFs???? NTs steh auf und Sturm brich LOS!"

--Taken from the Sportpalast speech, 1943 - adapted with the NFs of course.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
OR an impassioned dramaticized speaker...Like Goebbels on drugs.

:)

how about:

img_6.jpg

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Look at the link I posted up there, and you'll get the picture.

I am not interested in bashing Blue wing. I am more interested in understanding his viewpoint.

I think the basic spectrum of emotions is this:

Fear
Pain
love
hate

I think even the most logical person experience these emotions,as he is human. But then., NF's might experience more.