• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NFs and their causes

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone pinch me and tell me this is not one of those weird, bizarre dreams I generally have....

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Use your N man!

No need for logical structure obviously. It is whatever your imagination shall conjure! FEEL! It is all a matter of FEEL my friend!

As stated in the OP, you can spin it out to be any cause you want, irrespectively of content of the argument! Such is the power of human emotion, I fall on my knees in my humble admiration.

FEEL!!! DAMN IT!!! FEEL! My logical NT demands that you FEEL!!! Now! Upon my command!!! :devil:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We clearly need both Thinking and Feeling, though just a lot more Thinking than Feeling as Feeling if left unchecked will become torrential. It requires strict supervision.

Also, scholars have a much less clear idea of what Jesus, Buddha and Confucius taught than they do of what philosophers and scientists that I have mentioned taught.

The NF caricature I have in mind is not one that lacks Thinking altogether, but one who supresses it to a great extent. We see many examples of these in the world, and even on this board. They are the ones responsible for the problems cited above.

Yes, it requires supervision. It is the black sheep of the MBTI family. Dang, hang it all, why can't you all be SJs...Good thing some of you are to keep those lousy, good for nothing NFs at bay....Oh good LAWDY!!!! lol If I did not think this guy were serious, I would laugh my spleen out of my throat.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
There's a lot going on in this thread...

BW,

Authority is neither personal, nor traditional, nor based on majority opinion--as you well know. Don't rush to conclusions about whether Jesus, Ghandi, or Buddha knew the goal(s) they were pursuing or whether they accomplished their respective goals, because you've encountered differing interpretations given by various persons and groups of persons about who these individuals were and what they thought/taught. The OP is a hasty generalization--you need to show what you are saying is true.

I must mention the implication that Jesus sought approbation from men is false. He sought the approval that comes from God, not from men.

If we truly have serious intentions about making the world a better place we ought to stop and think, organize our mindset into something coherent and then see how this could be implemented to the external world. It should be founded upon a clear-cut rationale concerning making the world a better place, not torrential passions.

Well said. (Behold, BW's Feeling!). But why should I not be a skeptic or a fideist? Can you show that rational justification is possible, and that it is necessary in order to achieve the good?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am? :blush:

Oh dear. I hate it when that happens.

Well, to be obvious: I didn't think we were discussing the absurd extremities between pure cold logic and utter metaphysical fluff, I thought we were discussing the more insidiously inherent subjective bias in the observational powers of any consciousness that is not omniscient and thus has no capability to see all things from all sides at one time.

And you have no way to evaluate the "objectivity" of your logic, either, as you operate within it rather than outside of it.

To whit, your "logic" might scream that the ghost is not there.
But you have no way to know it's not.

...and yeah, you'll never be a Jedi.
Never!

Kidding right? No way to evaluate the objectivity of logic concerning a mathematical theorem?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Unfortunately your original post doesn't resemble 2+2 = 4 as much as it resembles "IT FEELS TO ME THERE IS A GHOST IN THIS ROOM! I Just know it!". You have an irrational dislike of feeling that is even more extreme than your irrational viewpoints of inferiority toward anything that isn't INTP. Your only reason that feelers are bad is that they are the opposite of thinkers. That is not a sufficiently good reason. You're going to have to give a better reason that "I just know it!"

I am not talking about my dislike of Feeling. Only objective arguments concerning Feeling.

The argument was about the essence of Feeling, as an element in itself it does not tell us what things are, only how agreeable they are to me.

Take it from there..try to keep it within context next time. Dont read between the lines in attempt to psychologize BlueWing, just respond to what is stated.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. being a feeler does not mean you make all your decisions in the heart of emotional turmoil. all it means, is that you make VALUE BASED DECISIONS. THEY CAN STILL BE RATIONAL AND STAND ON THEIR OWN AS MUCH AS 2 + 2 = 4: altruism, nurturing, forgiveness, not trying to fuck everyone over that you deal with in business just because you can. value based decisions can be still rational and/or irrational in the way 2 + 2 can equal 5 and 2 + 2 cannot equal 6.

just because some idiot over in isheeevamedrawewrs islama land has made an irrational use of value based judgements does not mean that feeling is inherently an irrational function. "logic" Te, Se... hell, "any function users" can be just as bad at creating horrible logic to justify some terrible idea or justice.

"All worldviews founded upon emotion and not clear-cut rationale are bound to degenerate into chicanery. They will later be used as an instrument to promote a political agenda of this or that delegation. The Taliban, the Ku Klux Klan, modern Christianity, are all founded on amorphous values and for political reasons insist on proselytizing to the end of convincing others to embrace their values. They are all mendacious and rapacious and I think will end up destroying civilization. All springing out of the root of NF causes."

Just because some OTHER idiot misuses the original texts or drives a cause beyond where its original intent was, does not indict the ORIGINAL MOVEMENT:

example: there is very little biblical basis for most of what the catholic church does administratively and powers of their ritual. Therefore i would say it is wrong to blame jesus for THEIR screw ups. The crusades were fought by mostly non christian and was more of a cultural war. the crusader armies even sacked european cities just for the pilage (indicative of their true motives in joining the crusades). there is a huge and obvious difference between accusing the neighbor widow of killing your cow and actaul demonic happenings (the witch trials are another horrible way to "crucify" christianity).

3. we live in a very dumb world. the average IQ is actually SCARY when you think about what kind of intellect the avg person is working with. I would argue that if everyone were a "T" trying to be "logical" all the time with over half the pop with less than a 100 IQ, we'd actually be more likely to get these crazy ideologies you attribute to F's because they would find scary ways to "logically" justify suppressed feelings.

4. I would argue that more world evils are committed by T people like yourself, who suppress and then justify their weak value judgment faculties with their overly trusted logical rationalizing of what they do....

the real problem is not that people make value judgments. the problem is when people think they can rationalize EVERYTHING. and so rather than analyze how these value judgments affect people, they just spend time devising what sounds the most logical:
example evidence: EUGENICS. eugenics actaully logically makes a TON of LOGICAL sense for the human race. round up every fat perosn, every AIDS patient, every retard, every Bi polar and euthanize them. The best genes will continue on for the best of the human race.

eugenics is my best example for what a world of T's without value judgments would look like....

1) You're talking about Fs with a well developed T. Thats out of context.

2) The problem is the original NF leaders relied on emotion too much to convince others. They presented in a way that was almost begging to be misunderstood at best and contorted at worst.

4 and 5 you need to clarify..i dont get what your point is. When you've done that. Clarify point 3 as that one seems to be a different idea from 4 and 5.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Feeling has to have a kind of rationale behind, or never would have been a judging function.

Check my thread 'How rational is Feeling'. I've covered this in detail. Jung was careless to run it together with Thinking as a 'rational' function. It is certainly not rational in the colloquial sense of the term.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am not here for a biography of these men. I am just going by a conventional understanding of who they are as means to the end of exemplifying the NF psyche at work. They clearly resemble the 'NF caricature', especially if we go by the Keirseyan rendition of the matter.

Those would of been hasty generalizations if I said that every NF person must be like this. Yet the argument was Feeling is amorphous by definition and so is Intuition, as a result there is a very loose and unclear agenda, yet boldly impassioned due to Feeling. This matches well with the idea of NF stereotype.

I must mention the implication that Jesus sought approbation from men is false. He sought the approval that comes from God, not from men.?

That depends from what account we derive our idea of who Jesus was from! Who knows what all those Heretics that Constantine burned would report he was like?

It is not even clear what Jesus understood for God to be. And many of his actions, especially when he preaches like 'those who do not agree with me will burn in Hell! I tell you the truth, noone comes to the father if he does not lessen himself to a child's attitude and believes me blindly!' In a nutshell was what he was saying. I doubt I need to cite where in scripture he said this, its all too notorious by now. Seems to be here he is more concerned with being accepted by men than the Guy who sits up in the clouds watching him.

Well said. (Behold, BW's Feeling!). But why should I not be a skeptic or a fideist? Can you show that rational justification is possible, and that it is necessary in order to achieve the good?

You should not be a fideist because you will unconsciously seek out arguments that are in favor of your religion and have an aversion to those that are not.

If you declare faith more important than truth, you certainly have some barriers to jump over in your quest to attain intellectual integrity. You will never be an honest fideist, or be able to seperate your intellectual convictions from your religious, there will be a crippling cognitive dissonance which will force you to become a theistic rationalist and in effect succumb to the problem I have outlined above concerning intellectual integrity.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Of course we could all be NT's and the world would be a miserable bitter place :p

And everything would work out fine because no one would care about how miserable and bitter it was.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Check my thread 'How rational is Feeling'. I've covered this in detail. Jung was careless to run it together with Thinking as a 'rational' function. It is certainly not rational in the colloquial sense of the term.

That's not what I meant. I said it uses rationale. That is actually different from calling it rational. Language evolves in funny ways like that. Never mind the fact that I concluded that F is rational. That, without F, a concept of discerning rationality would be impossible.

Anyway, what I meant was that Feeling uses a value system to justify conclusions. That is how it works. That is why it's a judging function, not a perceiving function. Your portrait of Feeling seems more like a perceiving function, in that it depicts a person sensing something and then drawing a conclusion on the grounds of what they sense, with no necessary justification inbetween. You could just have replaced the word "feel" with "see" and it would have made perfect sense. "There's a ghost in the room. I can SEE it!"

Further more, the person, in saying that there is a ghost, is not making a single comment about any concepts of good or bad. How can they be using Feeling if they aren't applying the defining quality of Feeling?

Again, what you describe sounds like someone using broken Intuition, and then actually using Thinking based on the false information from their poor perception, by stating the existence of the ghost to be true.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course we could all be NT's and the world would be a miserable bitter place :p

And everything would work out fine because no one would care about how miserable and bitter it was.

Well, there'd be no misery, and no joy. There'd be nothing. I almost think that's worse than feeling suffering. It's an interesting insight into my own Feeling that I Feel that feeling pain is better than feeling nothing. :)

The important point is, without Feeling, you're as good as dead. A vegetable.

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
I love how the we are championing ourselves against science. Fuck science.

Have I mentioned yet that I don't like this thread?

I don't like this thread.

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
it's just a shame science can't feel the same pain it's causing us feeling people.

Didums

Bluewing, for an INTP, you truly lack objectivity. Or, perhaps you've been detached too far from the real world for too long to have a good understanding of how people really are. You lack foresight and the ability to question your own logic. You dive deep into these ideas that have no observable root in reality. Its quite sad to see that someone of your intelligence can be so ignorant and intolerant of the characteristics that other people have. Do you understand the science of emotion vs. thinking? Some people have more blood flow in the anterior cingulate gyrus, temporal lobes, and posterior thalamus, which are involved in sensory and emotional experience. These people are innately Feelers via genetics, and you are being intolerant of their genetic make-up. They can't just arbitrarily switch to T, and you can't switch to F. Both F and T have their place in this society, we are interdependent. I don't even know why I'm responding seriously to this, your post is logically fallacious for the same reasons as most of your other threads, the same fallacies are being repeated over and over. Countless people on these forums have shown you the faults in your logic but you remain ignorant and respond to them with utter arrogance:
It is whatever your imagination shall conjure! FEEL! It is all a matter of FEEL my friend! IT FEELS TO ME THERE IS A GHOST IN THIS ROOM! I Just know it! Trust the Feel!

As said in Team America: World Police, you're just an asshole that wants to shit all over everything, the only thing that can f*** an asshole is a dick, with some balls. If we don't f*** this asshole then we're going to have all our dicks and pussies covered in shit!

What else is there to say? Shall I point out your fallacies one by one or do you get it now?