• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Examples of Genius in Each MBTI Type

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a thread where you can post video links, quotes, etc. to show examples of how each MBTI can demonstrate giftedness. I just thought it could be fun.

I'll be back later to post links to examples that strike me.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP Genius: Jimi Hendrix

Philosophical sonic commentary on each segment of the phrase, extreme sensitivity to sound control.

Interview - (Se subject to Fi)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP Genius: Cornel West

Philosopher, verbal jazz artist

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP Genius: Fiona Apple, Kurt Cobain

Fiona Apple; Never Is A Promise (pure Fi)

song text

Fiona Apple Speech

Kurt Cobain interview 1
Kurt Cobain interview 2

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP Genius: Paul Erdos

Interview: turning existential angst into funny game

Documentary "N is a number"

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never Is A Promise (pure Fi)

song text

Speech

That chick has never struck me as anything but an INFJ.

Add: I think Kurt Cobain is an example of INFP genius.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFP Genius: Janis Joplin

Janis Joplin: "Piece of My Heart"

Janis Joplin: interview

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ Genius: Alanis Morissette; Dalai Lama

Alanis Morissette interview

Dalai Lama interview
The movie about his life makes him seem INTP, but I've been reading his writings, and reads like INFJ. He even meditates to absorb the negative energy of the Chinese leaders whose decisions impact Tibet. He says he doesn't know if he is able to take away their negativity through his mental exercise. He also has strong Ti valuing science, and Fe in his social efforts to create a secular morality that will be relevant for all people. He demonstrates a very beautiful form of Fe.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ Genius: Carl Sagan

Last interview

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTP Genius: James Hunt

James Hunt: interview

Edit: He might be ESFP, but I think race car driving does use a lot of Ti, and I don't particularly see a value or morality based center for him.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That chick has never struck me as anything but an INFJ.

Add: I think Kurt Cobain is an example of INFP genius.
If you could explain further on the INFJ typing for Fiona because she looks 100+% INFP to me. I see zero Fe and not really any Ni. Her song lyrics are very Fi oriented. She doesn't really talk much about the unconscious or foresight, or anything in the Ni realm, and she also doesn't have any of the structure of Fe. I don't see any of that type of socialization or interaction with the audience. One person I think could be INFJ is Jim Morrison who was actually very poetic and philosophical, also exploring the abstract, intuitive realm, making some really profound predictions. Also notice how he interacts with the audience based on Fe - he played with manipulating crowds and had mastery of social impact. Fiona is the opposite of that in her presentation which is more like entering into a private, hidden realm.

I'll add Kurt Cobain to the INFP genius because yes, he's 100% that type.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFJ Genius: Oprah Winfrey

There's no denying her mastery of Fe in interviews and impacting society

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP Genius: Richard Feynman

Interview: physicist, bongo player

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you could explain further on the INFJ typing for Fiona because she looks 100+% INFP to me. I see zero Fe and not really any Ni. Her song lyrics are very Fi oriented. She doesn't really talk much about the unconscious or foresight, or anything in the Ni realm, and she also doesn't have any of the structure of Fe. I don't see any of that type of socialization or interaction with the audience. One person I think could be INFJ is Jim Morrison who was actually very poetic and philosophical, also exploring the abstract, intuitive realm, making some really profound predictions. Also notice how he interacts with the audience based on Fe - he played with manipulating crowds and had mastery of social impact. Fiona is the opposite of that in her presentation which is more like entering into a private, hidden realm.

I'll add Kurt Cobain to the INFP genius because yes, he's 100% that type.

I've seen this interview linked elsewhere in defense of her INFJ typing and it's pretty damn handy. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/arts/music/fiona-apples-new-album-the-idler-wheel.html?_r=0

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seen this interview linked elsewhere in defense of her INFJ typing and it's pretty damn handy. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/arts/music/fiona-apples-new-album-the-idler-wheel.html?_r=0
She is intensely INF, but is that description inconsistent with INFP? I'm really curious.

This is what I'm reading in it:
Intensity of emotion that overrides awareness of physicality
Use of metaphorical language in her songs
A sense of getting lost in the imaginary

Those can align with INFJ, but are they inconsistent with INFP and Fi-Ne? Ne is also metaphorical and imagination based. I would be interested to hear a description of how that interview rules out INFP because I don't see it clearly.

Edit; I read that emotional meltdown at the beginning of the article to be a good example of Fi-meltdown when one's principles are at risk of being violated. Also, her expression of emotion is not socially appropriate as Fe might be inclined to do. You may know I've been undecided about these definitions for myself (and I relate more to Fiona Apple with each new piece of information), but after reading Jung's descriptions of Fe, it really does connect to social convention and group coordination. He doesn't provide other options for types of Fe. That personalized, inward, value based emotional realm is what these categories describe as Fi. I can provide links if needed.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJs and ENTJs Geniuses

I'm still working on choosing a specific one for each, since both of these types make up the majority of leaders in politics and business. If anyone has any specific suggestions, feel free to add these to the thread...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFJ Genius: Pope Francis

Not a Catholic myself, but he is making a significant social impact in the world through a traditional institution, so he could be a good archetype for the ESFJ, and he is an intelligent person. He seems to have that open, enlightened version of Fe that accommodates and includes many people.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJ Genius: John Glenn

Interview: John Glenn, astronaut

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFJ Genius: Mother Teresa

Interview

I don't mean to type all SFJs as Catholics, but that social structure has produced significant leaders who are socially invested in pragmatic help. Others are free to post the links to people they find to be geniuses of their own type if that helps balance it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP Genius: Niki Lauda

I'm not 100% sure he's not a J, but I think he's a very German ISTP. He did go against his parents wishes and took great risk to become a racecar driver, and if you are familiar with his life story, he survived a horrific crash and raced again. His personal toughness and transparency of intent are unparalleled. He says what he means and no more or less.