• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you wish you were?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Party pooper! :tongue10:

But I'm so intriguing. Tell you what, if I had to wake up tomorrow and be another type, I'd be INTJ. At least I'd still be in familiar territory.

Starry

Extroverts are, on average, way happier so I guess one of those.

No, no, no...no. No. Not even. No. Or maybe yes, if by "happier" you are referring strictly to presentation as opposed to internal experience.

ENFJs are supposedly pretty happy too.

Many extroverts have spent a lifetime being somewhat "forced" into formal and informal leadership positions and subsequently...many feel a strong sense of responsibility to others/the group. They will frequently sacrifice what they truly want...they will minimize their own needs for the sake of others...and often fall into the habit of presenting with a positive facade...while falling apart on the inside from neglect.

ENFJs top the ^^"that kind of extrovert" list.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But I'm so intriguing. Tell you what, if I had to wake up tomorrow and be another type, I'd be INTJ. At least I'd still be in familiar territory.

Now that you mention it, what *are* those red marks all over your avatar's face? (@grey_beard prepares remote intra-atmospheric optic probe...:whistling:)

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, no, no...no. No. Not even. No. Or maybe yes, if by "happier" you are referring strictly to presentation as opposed to internal experience.

Many extroverts have spent a lifetime being somewhat "forced" into formal and informal leadership positions and subsequently...many feel a strong sense of responsibility to others/the group. They will frequently sacrifice what they truly want...they will minimize their own needs for the sake of others...and often fall into the habit of presenting with a positive facade...while falling apart on the inside from neglect.

Yes, but your head is being colonized by florists.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Extroverts also sacrifice quite a lot in the name of "high fashion and astonishing beauty."

Apparently including bee stings. "One must suffer to be beautiful" is still as true now as in the days of corsets.

I wish thee
a fair evening,
m'lady.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wish I could be an ENFJ because I just love those darn stubborn, unable to take criticism INFPs :sorry:

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I want to be an ISFP and a 2w3 or 6w5, though I'm not sure those types go together.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm content with myself. Any type can be anything as long as they have the proper will. Sometimes I don't have the proper will to be organized though...

Surr

MBTI Type
IDFK
INTJ or ENTP would be pretty sweet, I've always admired INTJs way of being abstract with their thoughts but still very practical with using the things they discover, and I admire ENTPs ability of enjoying intellectual debates and confrontations and being verbally quick.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Now that you mention it, what *are* those red marks all over your avatar's face? (@grey_beard prepares remote intra-atmospheric optic probe...:whistling:)

Those red marks are Huh? Marks. They are there to make people say "Huh? wonder what those are."

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I've seen a bunch of psychological studies that suggest extroverts are happier. Also, this Keirsey one: http://keirsey.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/happiness_survey_graph.gif

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No contest. ISTP. :cool:

Starry

If I had a strong desire to be seen as the person in the *right* I would read each of these studies... figure out who funded them and why. Contemplate the research methods...how the data was collected, what indicators were used, etc. and share here whether or not I feel happiness is (was) what is truly being measured. Likewise, if I cared enough about this I would seek out alternative studies (I've seen quite a few that find the determining factor to pivot along Sensor and iNtuitive lines...) But to this day I find much of what can be accessed on the internet without paying to be what is called "commerical" or 'pop" science. In other words, I worked in an academic science division for several years and have hoarded many journals...articles that I have never been able to find on the internet and just don't feel interested enough to dust them off and get the info to you.

My only aim here was to counter what was said with what I know to be true. People will come to their own conclusions accordingly.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What does it mean to be happy?

Perhaps extraverts and introverts just find happiness in different forms.

That's true, but it makes sense to me that extroverts overall experience positive emotions more often than other types. The extroverts I know are generally less depressive than the introverts I know.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What does it mean to be happy?

Perhaps extraverts and introverts just find happiness in different forms.

So I read this curious book called The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Search for the Happiest Places in the World.

It wasn't much of a self-help book, per se, but you could glean some. It was mostly about the author's (unhappy author's) search around the globe studying different cultures and how they see happiness. It varies indeed.

But the interesting thing was this think tank/happiness laboratory in Holland called the World Database of Happiness. No joke.

And the researchers there discovered a method of determining a person's happiness that was surprisingly accurate. Certain brain centers are more active in happy people, plus other scientific indicators to compare.

But the main method was this: They simply asked if the person was happy or not.

I thought about it and it made total sense to me. I'm about to pass out, so that's all I got for now. I haven't done any research on extroverts vs. introverts and possible correlating happiness levels, so I can't speak to that at the moment, but I thought that their method for determining one's happiness was interesting.