• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you wish you were?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wish I were ESFP or ENFP, they just seem to get along with everyone so well and generally have it the easiest. It seems like people always want to be TJ or at least T, but it seems cold and dark over there. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side right.
Heat and light are overrated. I imagine there are plenty of both in Hell.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Heat and light are overrated. I imagine there are plenty of both in Hell.

LOL I guess so, it would be nice to be able to identify with people outside of the internet once in a while though.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL I guess so, it would be nice to be able to identify with people outside of the internet once in a while though.
That is where it helps to find the right sort of job (or schooling).

Destiny

A wannabe dog
ENTJ.

Because I want to be rich and successful in life. Seems like every ENTJs I met in real life are all CEOs and they have their own business. Damn. I am so jealous of ENTJs :D

Annihilation

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP. They're incredible problem solvers.

ENTJ.

Because I want to be rich and successful in life. Seems like every ENTJs I met in real life are all CEOs and they have their own business. Damn. I am so jealous of ENTJs :D
How do you type them as ENTJs? I've never come across a CEO who seems to have strong Ni.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm content with my current typing but sometimes ESFP or ESFJ would be nice. :thinking:

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP would be fun but they still have some of the same pitfalls of INFPs.

I wouldn't really want to be ESFP as who I am now but I also think it would be stupid to NOT choose to be the happiest type, so

Extroverts are, on average, way happier so I guess one of those. ENFJs are supposedly pretty happy too.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like INFJs are always jealous of/want to be XNTJ types... I've seen a lot of different posts saying as much. XNTJS might be 'happy' but I doubt they experience much joy ::shrug::

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTP (they know how to have fun) or ESTJ (cuz I wanna be rich).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My mom is an ESFP and I wouldn't say her life has been easy. Yes she easily followed her whims into what she wanted to do, but that has consequences, like being called a crazy whore, especially in the South, though she had all four of her children in wedlock and has been married pretty much all of her life except her 30s, which she refers to as the best decade of her life :/

My mom tried very hard to love and please other people, in a very different way than me, she was from a different time, but her wild side was rude and ill mannered, and it appears she loved her first two husband's for all the wrong reasons. She's fun, bawdy, silly, smart (she has a Masters degree) but she's eccentric, soft hearted, extremely expressive, used to be overly sexy, and people have hurt her. The singular awesome stupifying reason my mother is awesome is that she has a good heart despite rape, beatings, people excluding her unfairly, poverty, you name it. My mother is a better person than I am. She's made huge mistakes but she will undoubtedly go to heaven if there is one. My mom AMAZES ME. She was a mean cheerleader, a sexy young woman, a MILF, and she just became this gray haired hippie mountain woman who grows tomatoes and basil and wears natural deodorant, who patiently cared for a mean nasty dying father and an aspergers grandchild (no picnic, I'm sorry, they scream half the day and night and attempt to injure themselves and others during toddler years before therapy) as well as trying over and over again to help my train wreck sister. My mother is a living legend, my ESFJ sister always knew it because ESFJ s are like that, but to say you envy my mother because of her type speaks to her superior adaptability, not to her easy life, though we can admit it was never difficult for her to attract men or try new things.

I always thought ESTP was a very awesome type, because I could keep my free spirit but would be so much tougher. I will always admire ESTP ladies. That being said, obviously that doesn't mean their lives are "easier"....honestly ISFJS seem to me to have some of the easiest lives through their natural bent towards routine and belonging with others, but just imagine the Pink Floyd lyric "hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way" ...probably true about many of them, and they'd be afraid to try half of the things I've done.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like INFJs are always jealous of/want to be XNTJ types... I've seen a lot of different posts saying as much. XNTJS might be 'happy' but I doubt they experience much joy ::shrug::
As an INTJ, my experience has been the reverse. I wouldn't say I experience what most people call happiness on a daily basis, but I do experience frequent occasions of joy.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an INTJ, my experience has been the reverse. I wouldn't say I experience what most people call happiness on a daily basis, but I do experience frequent occasions of joy.

Hmm, I know what you mean, tho' I don't often get to share them.

So if I had to choose another type?
1) ENTJ...(maybe; I hope I could handle the pressure as a CEO)
2) INFP (they're sad, but they seem to like it that way, and maybe I could *land* an INTJ (alternative universe) ) :shrug:
3) ENFP (seem to be popular)
4) INFJ (they at least have Ni)

All answers subject to change without notice.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, I know what you mean, tho' I don't often get to share them.
Indeed. Many of my joys are quite private. I don't know whether I could share them if I tried.

As for the OP, I cannot imagine being any type other than my own. I would expect or at least hope to feel that way, whatever my type. If I had to "try one on for size", though, just as an experiment, I would choose ENTJ or INFJ. That might help me understand extraversion better, or feeling/Fe, while maintaining some familiar frame of reference.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I don't want to change types, not really. I just want to be the best possible version of me.