• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does your voice match your type?

Does your voice match your type?

• Absolutely

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Ehh, close enough

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Not even sort of

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is an istp supposed to sound like. I have been told I have a semi deep sexy voice. Even more so over the phone. I don't know if it matches me.
Exactly. I suppose my first reaction is to say that my voice probably sounds ENTJ-ish, at least when I open my mouth in a public or professional setting. Whether professional or personal, I know I do use my voice as a tool, and it has served me well.

Last edited:

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
people tell me i have a fairly dreamy, soft voice. so yes, i guess it fits my INFP type.

Nicodemus

I think it makes more sense to let others decide whether one's voice matches one's type, if simply for the fact that some of us (or just I) find it difficult to hear themselves 'objectively'. There have been a couple of voice threads, and many people do use Vent. So there is potential. Perhaps another does-the-above-member thread?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Which one of my voices? I'm sure my multiple voices match my type pretty well. Going by the voice tone chart, I'm a mix of Ne, Ti, and Si. Going by what other people say, I sound like I'm under 10 years old. I do tend to the higher pitches.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I sound like a child. (don't like hearing my own voice). I don't have a deep voice and I don't talk fast either. Just one plateaued soft monotone voice.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Slightly monotone unless I get excited about a topic of interest, then I speak like an excited, nerdy professor--voice can be quite animated in those instances. Or so I'm told.

Prefer to speak only if necessary and I don't like it when I have to repeat myself.

Due to the nature of my voice and reserved demeanor, people are sometimes caught off guard by occasional displays of sardonicism, sarcasm, or wit.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
My voice is soft and clear. I don't know if it's type-indicative or not.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no idea. I tend to talk rather slowly and deliberately as if I'm looking for just the right word to express an idea- I think that would be consistent with dominant Ti. On the other hand, I have been told at times that my voice tends to 'carry' and I need to talk softer. Which I don't think is so typical of an introvert.

I should post a voice clip and have people vote on it.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have no idea. I tend to talk rather slowly and deliberately as if I'm looking for just the right word to express an idea- I think that would be consistent with dominant Ti. On the other hand, I have been told at times that my voice tends to 'carry' and I need to talk softer. Which I don't think is so typical of an introvert.

I should post a voice clip and have people vote on it.

I have to wonder if Ti and Fi carries, or is it Ne/Se that does? :)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have to wonder if Ti and Fi carries, or is it Ne/Se that does? :)

I think my voice carries more when Ne gets excited about something. :)

CourageousKitten

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
My voice is high pitched and bubbly, which I think fits ESFP. I don't sound like a valley girl, though. People always tell me I sound a LOT younger than I really am.