• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Easiest Type To Manipulate

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This forum has seen quite a few threads on manipulation, but I don't see anything on which type is the easiest to manipulate.

I think ENFP is the easiest to manipulate.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
ENFPs, they are actually pretty good at seeing through manipulation, but they often pretend that they don't know anything. Their naïve and gullible nature is only a mask, don't be fooled by it :D
They are actually very wise people and they are very good at reading people. The real naïve ones imo are ISFP. Remember Mr Bean? He is an ISFP.

I also think IxTJs are pretty easy to manipulate emotionally, especially when they encounter an Fe dom.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs, they are actually pretty good at seeing through manipulation, but they often pretend that they don't know anything. Their naïve and gullible nature is only a mask, don't be fooled by it :D
They are actually very wise people and they are very good at reading people. The real naïve ones imo are ISFP. Remember Mr Bean? He is an ISFP.

I also think IxTJs are pretty easy to manipulate emotionally, especially when they encounter an Fe dom.

With the ENFP it is simply necessary to tug on their heart strings. I agree that they see right through it - but the pull on their feelings is stronger and overrides their intellectual awareness.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I see only good things coming from this thread.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
INTPs.

Nope.
Good luck to anybody who plans to manipulate an INFP in their adulthood.

I think the reason why most would think NFPs or SFPs is because some of them are 9s who don't want to call you out on your bullshit to preserve social harmony and FPs in general also don't like to stir up situations - unless it's a 6 of course - and they have the ability to tolerate others' points of views, probably so that they could really understand them. They like to understand people and understanding sometimes have to be done without calling people on their bullshit.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have something to add, but gotta collect my data first.

I'll say this for now though, I'd say most people that are even a little bit mature, know when they're being manipulated. Or can feel it. One exception is lovers. Or worse, someone who loves the other more.

My point is that if you really wanna get people to do your bidding, you'll have to earn their respect.

Sure, I do think some types are less willing to say, "Hey bitch, stop trying to manipulate me!" but they probably know it's happening.

I was gonna do a breakdown of how to do that for each Type. But I realized I only know a few types, haha. But I'll be back......

Fun fact, hardest to manipulate: ENTJs, ENTPs. IMO.

Jaguar

INTPs. Especially the so-called "mythological" and "symbolic" INTPs.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have something to add, but gotta collect my data first.

I'll say this for now though, I'd say most people that are even a little bit mature, know when they're being manipulated. Or can feel it. One exception is lovers. Or worse, someone who loves the other more.

My point is that if you really wanna get people to do your bidding, you'll have to earn their respect.

Sure, I do think some types are less willing to say, "Hey bitch, stop trying to manipulate me!" but they probably know it's happening.

I was gonna do a breakdown of how to do that for each Type. But I realized I only know a few types, haha. But I'll be back......

Fun fact, hardest to manipulate: ENTJs, ENTPs. IMO.

I'll eventually notice but by then it's really too late and the damage is done. but that's more emotional manipulation. intellectual or people saleing stuff i can recognize easier.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Infjs are easy to manipulate for awhile if they have let you in to their inner circle. They take awhile to process things, are reluctant to come to conclusions they can't back up, and will want to exhaust the variables within their control before giving up. They also can see things from multiple perspectives, find it difficult to determine which pieces of information merit the most weight until more time has passed, and see their own emotions as transient and unreliable. However, once the verdict is in, it's hard to change it. When they're done, they're done.

Of course these are all gross generalizations, but I just am surprised at seeing INFP even making the list. Maybe every type has its own weaknesses where it can be manipulated...

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ I would agree with that, provided the person effectively got their foot in the door (demonstrated sound judgment) initially. (And also provided "India" was supposed to be "INFJs".)

Honestly, I've seen INTJs bite rather questionable bait too. Not all of them, obviously, but I've known a couple who seemed quite naive/oblivious to someone taking advantage of them.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I hate the autocorrect on my iPod!

wolfy

awsm
INTPs. Especially the so-called "mythological" and "symbolic" INTPs.

Yeah. I think I see what you mean. Rigid types in mentality are the easiest to manipulate. Typically, people that feel they can't be manipulated can be.

I think the reason why most would think NFPs or SFPs is because some of them are 9s who don't want to call you out on your bullshit to preserve social harmony and FPs in general also don't like to stir up situations - unless it's a 6 of course - and they have the ability to tolerate others' points of views, probably so that they could really understand them. They like to understand people and understanding sometimes have to be done without calling people on their bullshit.
If you are open to the possibility of being manipulated then it is easier to see. I would say it is more difficult to manipulate a xxxx 9 because they don't reveal as much of their thinking. Just because something is not directly stated or made obvious doesn't mean counter-measures are not taking place.

Jaguar

If you are open to the possibility of being manipulated then it is easier to see. I would say it is more difficult to manipulate a xxxx 9 because they don't reveal as much of their thinking. Just because something is not directly stated or made obvious doesn't mean counter-measures are not taking place.

Wise words.

eudaimonia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Usually I can see how someone has rehearsed a long standing line that worked as a manipulative tool for other people in their circle. Sometimes I don't care if someone is manipulating me depending on the type of manipulation and other times I just drop that person like a hot stone and move on. If INFJs are as good at reading people as their reputation stereotypically deems them to be able to do, then I would say INFJs aren't a likely candidate for such undermining.

I think I'm more of a manipulator than being manipulated. This thread would be a good example of a tool of manipulation to see who will come forward and admit to being manipulated and to see who thinks they can manipulate who.

Haha :happy2:

Annihilation

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Emotional manipulation is my weakness... I'm screwed against INFPs and ESFPs. For some reason, ISFPs and ENFPs aren't anywhere near as successful.

I manipulate my family members all the time by predicting their reactions.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The mythologized, innate resistance to manipulation that I'm supposed to have as a Ni-dom is overrated. I've learned from experience, too.