• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Easiest Type To Manipulate

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJs can be trusting to the point of being gullible. If I had to pick a type, this would be one.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People have often seen me as naive even though that was hardly the case most of the time and simply had to do with me trying to be nice.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I wonder if people who think they never get manipulated are in a state of constant manipulation like they're being manipulated 24/7 so it's so normal that they think they're not. if you think about we're all being manipulated but the ones who say they aren't are the ones who will fall the hardest.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
We're all being manipulated all the time. That constant pressure from some corner or another, to act in a way deemed necessary or true.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I second highlander on ISFJs from what I've seen. But I really can't tell, depends on what sort of manipulation we're going on about I suppose, but even then I'm not sure, haven't come across people being manipulated much and I can imagine any type being manipulated really. On the topic of ENFPs, the ones I know can not be easily manipulated as far as I'm concerned, I agree with Complexity, they're good at pretending they don't know anything sometimes.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
INTPs.

I think the reason why most would think NFPs or SFPs is because some of them are 9s who don't want to call you out on your bullshit to preserve social harmony and FPs in general also don't like to stir up situations - unless it's a 6 of course - and they have the ability to tolerate others' points of views, probably so that they could really understand them. They like to understand people and understanding sometimes have to be done without calling people on their bullshit.

According to my own post I am NOT a e9. Perhaps a 9 with a 8wing would be the opposite of this. I have seen a few anime characters who are 9w8s that aren't exactly social harmony concerned. However they were definitely internal harmony concerned.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I doubt that. Intuitives would understand what you're up to, unlike the sensors.
Also, feelers make decisions based on if they are morally right or not, forgetting logic and what makes sense. Feelers won't buy your arguments.
Especially the combination of NF should be rather hard to manipulate, becuase they stick to what they believe in. Idealists.
You're right, though, that Extroverts and Percievers are easier to manipulate, because:
Introverts are harder to get to know, whereas Extroverts can be your friend in a matter of minutes.
Judgers stick to what they know and believe, and stick to a routine, whereas Percievers are open to new experiences and don't expect.

Therefore I deduced that the easiest type to manipulate is the ESTP.
The hardest, is as you probably though by now, the INFJ.

This doesn't surprise me though, because I always believed that one is popular if one can be manipulated. This is also proven by this:
The ESTP is the most popular type in society, whereas the INFJ the most unpopular, proven by another thread on another forum.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Someone said ENTJ's are the easiest to manipulate. We are so obvious, they said. It's just a matter of pushing my buttons, they said.

Okay.

In a group setting, my wishes include constructive dialogoue and co-operation. If someone were to "push my buttons", he/she would be constructive, offer feedback and co-operate. If he/she did that, OH how I would be manipulated. I would be manipulated into accepting him/her as a teammember. Duh, am I not an easy one or what?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I doubt that. Intuitives would understand what you're up to, unlike the sensors.
Also, feelers make decisions based on if they are morally right or not, forgetting logic and what makes sense. Feelers won't buy your arguments.
Especially the combination of NF should be rather hard to manipulate, becuase they stick to what they believe in. Idealists.
You're right, though, that Extroverts and Percievers are easier to manipulate, because:
Introverts are harder to get to know, whereas Extroverts can be your friend in a matter of minutes.
Judgers stick to what they know and believe, and stick to a routine, whereas Percievers are open to new experiences and don't expect.

Therefore I deduced that the easiest type to manipulate is the ESTP.
The hardest, is as you probably though by now, the INFJ.

This doesn't surprise me though, because I always believed that one is popular if one can be manipulated. This is also proven by this:
The ESTP is the most popular type in society, whereas the INFJ the most unpopular, proven by another thread on another forum.

You're manipulating my raised eyebrow.

Cygnus

ESFP.

Se == dealing in terms of power, completion of tasks, rather than data or semantics. Blindness to Ne semantics may be used to manipulate them into Se execution of a task they don't realize is against their best interests.
Weak Ni also makes for decreased skepticism in the manipulator's intentions and less deliberate efforts to protect one's existence.

Fi == greater sense of trust when the "manipulator" has won him over. Lack of Ti may result in decreased cynicism in the manipulator's real motivations; however, as Fi can also be used to sense a person's true intentions, the manipulator must make an effort to develop a strong sense of trust from the person.