• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can you explain what your N decides?

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
I find it extremely difficult to explain the decisions I make based on my N. I am not taking about explaining what my decision are, but answering questions like "why" or "how did you decide that." There really is no "why" or explaination (of the process) for the things of my N. They just are.

There are times when T can back up N and I can give a logical explaination. Sometimes I may explain it using feelings, i.e. "I do it because it makes me happy." While these explainations may be technically true it would be more accurate to say I do it because I have this strong feeling I can't explaing.

Is this just how N works, or would I be able to give an N based explanation if I was more in touch with my N? Is it harder to put in words for an Ni than for an Ne?

Ilah

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's how Ni works.

Ni will come to these realizations or conclusions. Te then can explain it (for INTJs).

Hopefully.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's how Ni works.

Ni will come to these realizations or conclusions. Te then can explain it (for INTJs).

Hopefully.

Yup. Ni is a perception. If it was a deduction or a conclusion, it would be a Judging function.

The Judging functions are used merely after the fact to "fill in the gaps" and try to justify Ni's perception... but you'll never wholly explain the Ni perception, even if you can grow to partially understand it through analysis using the judging functions.

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks. I feel better knowing that it is often not able to be fully explained and that it is not something I have to work on.

Ilah

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
I always felt as though Fe made my decisions while Ni made up my thought process. That's obviously overly simplistic, but you get the point.