• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most manipulative NT type

doppelganger

MBTI Type
INTP
From among my friends and acquaintances, my ENTJ friend is the best at manipulation. He says he can walk into a room and read ppl almost instantly (Ni-Se). And he has the charm and good looks to ingratiate himself to others and win their trust (E).

NTs in general, though, will not be the best manipulators since manipulation requires the ability to read people and manipulate their emotions, and emotions are not something NTs are especially good with.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I somewhat disagree. ENTPs are the real masterminds, except that they don't even try to be it, cause they are just too busy with fun and real life to make mastermind plans. Most INTJs, on the other hand, seem to have plenty of time for manipulation plans, which makes them prone to contemplating on world domination, but they never seem to execute their plans into reality.

ENTJs seem to have the right mix of intention to manipulate, executive abilities and sufficient time for execution of their plans. They would be the most successful at it then, regarding the NT population.

:yes: Thoroughly agree.

True, however, an ENFJ would clean up in a manipulation death match.

Also thoroughly agree.

I've seen SFJs do plenty of spur-of-the-moment, short-term manipulation mostly for Fe and/or Enneatype-related reasons (2 ingratiating, 9 avoiding, etc.) but I've never seen them really do major long-term premeditated manipulation to achieve goals. ENFJs on the other hand...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:yes: Thoroughly agree.

Also thoroughly agree.

I've seen SFJs do plenty of spur-of-the-moment, short-term manipulation mostly for Fe and/or Enneatype-related reasons (2 ingratiating, 9 avoiding, etc.) but I've never seen them really do major long-term premeditated manipulation to achieve goals. ENFJs on the other hand...

If you've seen things, then why not post examples of what you've seen?

For example: Mr. INTJ wants me to stick around his house because he needs help with a refrigerator that's being delivered shortly. BUT, he doesn't tell me he needs help with it, he only mentions the fridge delivery. So he invites me inside his home and gives me some apple beer (explaining how awesome it is), then we go outside and shoot some paint ball (explaining how awesome it is). Eventually the fridge arrives and I end up helping him install it. He thanked me for helping him, and that was it. Apparently, at that point I was dismissed.

After all the times I've been to his house, that was the only time he's treated me like a friend and not just in a friendly fashion.

But I understand that, in the grand scheme of things, all his friendly behavior is just manipulation - it's how he gets along with people and gets them to do what he wants them to do. And in fact he's told me in confidence that he hates people. And I've seen his real self - it is colder than the inside of that refrigerator he had delivered, emotionless as a Vulcan.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the most manipulative people I have ever known have been definite Fe users. and it took me awhile to realize what they were doing. and part of the manipulation tactics they use is getting me to question if i'm the one causing all the drama and that everything in the situation is my fault. A lot of sob stories, how they're the victims getting me to feel sorry for them, twisting details, half-truths about what actually happened ect. I think they partially convince themselves of this, which is why they're so good at it. Once they're gonna all that drama dissapears and I can breathe. with t's I can spot it pretty quickly.

my default is to trust most people.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTPs think they're machiavellian masterminds, but it honestly has to be either ENTJ or INTJ. Both are more patient than the ENTP, which can be a big part of manipulation.

Lol, putting ENTJ together with the word "patient" makes me snigger. Have you actually met an E8 ENTJ? I presume you mean sticking to a plan v being patient with people?

The answer is ENFJ, clearly. And by a mile, I'd also put ESFJ right up there with ISFJ and INFJ as runner ups, Fe-Ti simply is better at manipulation than Fi-Te, partly because the latter combination often looks down on manipulating in favour of individual ethics and controlling the environment.

In terms of NTs, ENTP is the obvious answer with that tert Fe, whether or not you respect that is irrelevant, ENTJs are typically direct and introverts are typically less socially inclined to work people on average, the advantage for NTJ types is the long term planning, when they do manipulate is about a long-term gain.

á´…eparted

passages
The answer is ENFJ, clearly.

Yes. As an ENFJ I can definitely say we can be manipulative little bitches. Half the time I don't even realize I do it because it's automatic. I have actually had to train myself not to do it. I've definitely done some very manipulative/underhanded things in the past and can't say I won't again in the future.

Simply put, it really does just come natural.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes. As an ENFJ I can definitely say we can be manipulative little bitches. Half the time I don't even realize I do it because it's automatic. I have actually had to train myself not to do it. I've definitely done some very manipulative/underhanded things in the past and can't say I won't again in the future.

Simply put, it really does just come natural.

Yeah, but it's done so smoothly that we love-hate you while it's happening, you suave bastards you! :mad:

And hai, I didn't realise you were you until I saw your video!

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't think manipulation skills are related to any MBTI type.

á´…eparted

passages
Yeah, but it's done so smoothly that we love-hate you while it's happening, you suave bastards you! :mad:

And hai, I didn't realise you were you until I saw your video!

HAI *waves furiously*

Hahahaha. I have hinted to you multiple times since I got here that I am here, but it sailed right over your head it seems. :smile: A while back I said something a kin to "one who hides amongst the shadows" and thought it was quite explicit. :D. I took about a 3 year break from the community at large when I started grad school.

Heh, yup, it's how we roll. So long as we use our powers for good it all works out in the end (unless it's one of those people that just hate it right away).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I somewhat disagree. ENTPs are the real masterminds, except that they don't even try to be it, cause they are just too busy with fun and real life to make mastermind plans. Most INTJs, on the other hand, seem to have plenty of time for manipulation plans, which makes them prone to contemplating on world domination, but they never seem to execute their plans into reality.
The J/TJ desire for closure leads most INTJs to be fairly successful in executing plans, whether through manipulation or more direct means. In fact, we tend to be good partners or coworkers for NTPs, who tend to have plenty of creative and ingenious ideas, but lack the consistency and follow-through to see them implemented.

Not unrelatedly, I suspect that ENTP manipulation is more reflexive and spontaneous, while INTJ manipulation is more deliberate and goal-oriented.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, with ENTP's people usually know they are being manipulated and go along for the ride.

Agreed, and to me, that's some slick ass, Doc Holliday shit. To manipulate someone and have them convinced it's ok, or even a great idea. Problem is, ENTPs aren't that cold in general. So I don't think they go too deep into the unethical. They'll definitely stick a big toe in though. And if someone really pisses one off, then all bets are off.

ENTPs are the real masterminds, except that they don't even try to be it, cause they are just too busy with fun and real life to make mastermind plans. Most INTJs, on the other hand, seem to have plenty of time for manipulation plans, which makes them prone to contemplating on world domination, but they never seem to execute their plans into reality.

ENTJs seem to have the right mix of intention to manipulate, executive abilities and sufficient time for execution of their plans. They would be the most successful at it then, regarding the NT population.

Agree with most.

Sure an ENTP could manipulate the shit out of you, but it's not really that fun. Haha.

I don't think INTJs have the social charm/charisma to pull it off.

ENTJs, on the other hand, have, as you said, all the skillz.

As a side note, I think it's interesting to say that certain types are immune to manipulation if they're developed. ENTPs being one. I have a lot of respect for ENTJs ability to charm and follow through, but their Jedi Mind tricks don't work on me. muuhahahaha. And believe me, online and IRL, they've tried. It's cute.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think manipulation skills are related to any MBTI type.

I agree, skill is unrelated to MBTI. That said, the tendancy to do so I would say is. Just because one does it doesn't mean they'll be good at it.

I don't understand this line of thinking. TypoC is a bit of a mixed bag, but other forums that are type specific or have types grouped together on some subthread, you REALLY get a good idea of what they're like. Of course MBTI isn't an exact science, but I've been FASCINATED by how similar the people of a certain type are.

Sure, everyone's a unique snowflake, but I cannot ignore the consistencies of traits I've seen displayed by type. By actual people.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think INTJs have the social charm/charisma to pull it off.

ENTJs, on the other hand, have, as you said, all the skillz.

I know a fairly charismatic INTJ in person. His is a dry humor, but he successfully sways group opinions and plants plans of action that others enact.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
From what I have noticed there are two types of manipulation - emotional and logical.

If we drag MBTI into this Fe would be emotional manipulation and Te would be logical manipulation.

Fe manipulation could be in the form of creating emotional enthusiasm - which you notice quite a lot in ENFJs - and on a negative method could be done with passive aggression and guilt tripping.

Te manipulation - the right words don't cross my mind yet - is usually in the form putting weight behind/backing up factual data/bargaining/convincing with Te and on a negative method could be done with bullying/fear etc.

Therefore I would say ENTJs are the best at it because they not only are Te doms - no other type in the NT category are Je doms - and being extroverts have the extroverted people skills/tolerance to their advantage.

INTJs would come since Je is their secondary function. However, they can give ENTJs a close run or sometimes even be better than them because they are Ni doms. Ni being naturally big picture - though on most occasions to their 'disadvantage' - but being driven by internal ideas/inspirations - as opposed to Ne which is driven by external - have the ability to carefully run a plan through without being forced into/tempted to changing their plans due to external changing circumstances or approval. ENTJs being extroverts might have a need to check themselves with others.

ENTPs manipulate with Ne+Fe. Fe alone isn't enough for them to support them in this arena since it's their tertiary and they are not really others concerned to force it out alone/it would feel unnatural to them - not that for manipulation purposes being others concerned is necessary. Their manipulation comes in forms of Ne (external inspiration or I would like to call it induced enthusiasm) - seeing things differently as opposed to Se which is seeing things as it is - and using Fe to create enthusiasm/to connect with people to sell their ideas/Ne. The downside of ENTP manipulation methods are they need to always tests their ideas with people, to bounce off and see, unlike that of Te manipulators.

To summarize what I said -

With INTJs, you don't notice until after. With ENTPs, you notice and let yourself get played anyway.

This.

Anyway, like I said at the beginning these are what I have noticed.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

All INTJ I know are friends, or in my own family (not brother, father or mum).
I'd say INTJ can be terrible at work or even within an unhealthy intimate relationship.
I don't know many ENTP:blush:The few I have met in the past were more fun or assholes without being manipulative.
The ENTJ at work can be manipulative or bullies. In interpersonal relationship I can't say as I normally did not spend my free time with them.

My own experience would make me be more careful with :

ESFJ
ESTJ

ESFJ can have some skills to manipulate your own feelings if you are not confident enough.
The same for ESTJ but those are much too cold and I can feel there is something wrong straight away.
:bats:

ENFP... They can be quite charming ! I used to know two manipulative boys (sx) in the seduction area.
Two narcissist persons, very nice...very nice indeed... until you start to know them better... :tiedup:

But here again, if you know where you wanna go, you'll feel something strange :
the 2 I have met could become boastful and childish if you refused to follow them !

I guess NF can be as terrific as SFX if unhealthy and egoistic.
Anyway, whatever the type, manipulation has something to do with a lack of strong humanist values, a lack of feelings, and if you are not blind,
you must see that the relationship is only goal oriented.

:spam_laser:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't understand this line of thinking. TypoC is a bit of a mixed bag, but other forums that are type specific or have types grouped together on some subthread, you REALLY get a good idea of what they're like. Of course MBTI isn't an exact science, but I've been FASCINATED by how similar the people of a certain type are.

Sure, everyone's a unique snowflake, but I cannot ignore the consistencies of traits I've seen displayed by type. By actual people.

Yes, and I was just giving my opinion about this.

From what I have noticed there are two types of manipulation - emotional and logical.

If we drag MBTI into this Fe would be emotional manipulation and Te would be logical manipulation.

I can agree with this. Althought it is still not necessarily strictly related to type with primary Fe or Te. People with not primary Te and/or Fe can still use these functions to manipulate.

I think Te manipulation works better with T-people and Fe manipulation works better with F-people. Really good manipulator can change manipulation tactics from emotions to logical to factual to whatever serves their purposes.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If you've seen things, then why not post examples of what you've seen?

For example: Mr. INTJ wants me to stick around his house because he needs help with a refrigerator that's being delivered shortly. BUT, he doesn't tell me he needs help with it, he only mentions the fridge delivery. So he invites me inside his home and gives me some apple beer (explaining how awesome it is), then we go outside and shoot some paint ball (explaining how awesome it is). Eventually the fridge arrives and I end up helping him install it. He thanked me for helping him, and that was it. Apparently, at that point I was dismissed.

After all the times I've been to his house, that was the only time he's treated me like a friend and not just in a friendly fashion.

But I understand that, in the grand scheme of things, all his friendly behavior is just manipulation - it's how he gets along with people and gets them to do what he wants them to do. And in fact he's told me in confidence that he hates people. And I've seen his real self - it is colder than the inside of that refrigerator he had delivered, emotionless as a Vulcan.

But you keep going there, even though you dislike the way you're being treated. You voice no objection about that or about installing the fridge. If he's told you he hates people (and I've said this myself more than once), what is it you're trying to accomplish with him?