• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weird (thread about astrology)

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
I think the astrological types ARE based on the same psychological /archetypal ideas than MBTI typology. The other way you could see it, is kinda like Roscharc (spelling???) test with text instead of ink. The mistake of astrology was to make it about stars and planets.

I very much agree.

For instance, I often find Pisces -- and sometimes Cancer and Aquarius -- profiles to describe me so accurately that it's uncanny. Almost creepy.

Except I'm neither a Pisces nor a Cancer nor an Aquarius. But I use to read the profiles for water and air signs anyway because they provide a lot of insights into myself. :)

And, by the way, that common defence argument that I've often heard about astrology being complex and consisting of more than sun signs (i.e. there are moon signs, aspects, houses, etc.) doesn't explain my case either. I don't have Pisces/Cancer/Aquarius as the moon or mercury or ascendant or north node or aspects with Rahu or Saturn trine Neptune, in the 12th house, etc., etc.

Of course, if one looks carefully enough at my birth chart -- and looks long enough -- I am absolutely certain that a Piscean/Cancerian/Aquarian-related pattern will be found. :yay:

Because the truth is that, far from being simple sun sign horoscopes, astrology is actually so complex that there are zillions of different ways to interpret a single birth chart. There are so many aspects and elements and things to consider -- if you wish to read into them. It's quite possible to piece together the puzzle of a birth chart in whatever way that fits any conclusion that you already have in mind, provided that you're imaginative enough. And most astrology enthusiasts are (in my experience). Reading birth charts is like projecting mythological characters onto star constellations -- or finding pictures in the clouds.

And therefore it's absolutely fascinating to me.:D

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm sensing too much Forer straight on. I really can't take this astrology seriously.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I guess most of those Horoscopes are written sooo general, that SOMETHING fits Everyone. No matter if it actually IS or isn't your Sign.
However, mine fits exactly. Except for the Sports. Whoever wrote it...good Job. :thumbup:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i believe in astrology...and numerology...and name analysis...and the chinese horoscope...and mediums...and past lives...and all of it...haha

i really do... :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
i believe in astrology...and numerology...and name analysis...and the chinese horoscope...and mediums...and past lives...and all of it...haha

Haha *lack of surprise; hugs "tinkerbell" here*

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Astrology, so arbitrary, unscientific. So if I get 11 other ENFPs like myself, each of them born in each month of the year what is there to be said about our personalities? Are the MBTI commonalities broken? Does the horoscope prevail? Because there is a conflict there.

Do you believe in The Force?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i had hippie parents...idk i think i oughta blame them
and...i like to believe everything makes sense....why not :)

INFJ*

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
No and I don't see how it would be possible for people who are born at the same time would have anything in common as astrology claims. So, I really don't believe in astrology..

Four minutes between two new born babies is enough to make them so different.

When talking astrology as a personality description, then you should consider ALL THE PLANET placements. What you read is always your SUN SIGN ONLY. There is moon, venus, mercury, mars, jupiter, etc signs. For example, a pisces person with moon in capricorn is not the same as a pisces person with moon in libra. All the placements should be considered to make an accurate illustration of the personality. Because sun is the core in general, the soul. Moon is your practical personality. Mercury is intelligence and communication and venus is love, mars is how you love; passion and desire, etc. Long story short, the sun sign description covers very very little, of what we are not all aware of about ourselves (our core). And thus may sound unconvincing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

When talking astrology as a personality description, then you should consider ALL THE PLANET placements. What you read is always your SUN SIGN ONLY. There is moon, venus, mercury, mars, jupiter, etc signs. For example, a pisces person with moon in capricorn is not the same as a pisces person with moon in libra. All the placements should be considered to make an accurate illustration of the personality. Because sun is the core in general, the soul. Moon is your practical personality. Mercury is intelligence and communication and venus is love, mars is how you love; passion and desire, etc. Long story short, the sun sign description covers very very little, of what we are not all aware of about ourselves (our core). And thus may sound unconvincing.

this is true...i'm not just like my sun sign...but i'm like my sun sign mixed with my moon sign mixed with my rising sign...mixed with...

and add all that up and the picture it paints is very much like my chinese sign and my mbti
at least...i think so...:newwink:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That's curious. I went ahead and found a website that charts everything out (#1 Free Astrology Chart Online: Astrolabe's Free Astro Chart, Horoscope Data Input Page) and am currently sifting through the results. Some of it is dead on and some of it is dead wrong. I might write about it in my blog thread.

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx

And, by the way, that common defence argument that I've often heard about astrology being complex and consisting of more than sun signs (i.e. there are moon signs, aspects, houses, etc.) doesn't explain my case either. I don't have Pisces/Cancer/Aquarius as the moon or mercury or ascendant or north node or aspects with Rahu or Saturn trine Neptune, in the 12th house, etc., etc.

Of course, if one looks carefully enough at my birth chart -- and looks long enough -- I am absolutely certain that a Piscean/Cancerian/Aquarian-related pattern will be found.

Because the truth is that, far from being simple sun sign horoscopes, astrology is actually so complex that there are zillions of different ways to interpret a single birth chart. There are so many aspects and elements and things to consider -- if you wish to read into them. It's quite possible to piece together the puzzle of a birth chart in whatever way that fits any conclusion that you already have in mind, provided that you're imaginative enough. And most astrology enthusiasts are (in my experience). Reading birth charts is like projecting mythological characters onto star constellations -- or finding pictures in the clouds.

Sorry to quote my own post in this thread, but what I wrote here was addressing exactly this point you're making.