• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hormones and MBTI type

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, just wanted to share my experience. So when i as a kid I was always extremely energetic, social and bubbly, i was very typical ENFP with very developed T (or is that Enneagram 7 intellectualizing?! dno). So my type would be even clear then. When i grew up a bit, I got sick, it was gradual so nobody noticed, they only thought i am growing up to b another fucked up teenager.. I became more timid, calmer, more withdrawn... it was so gradual that it was hard to notice it, it was over the course of 10+ yrs. When I was in my early 20ies, i started taking thyroid hormones. I had huge family drama and it triggered my complete thyroid crash (even tho i had undiagnosed disease for 15 yrs already without knowing). Those hormones should help me but made me almost bedridden. Problem was that nobody knew (yeah that can happen in 21st century :( ) that the hormones are the cause and they blamed it on me. So I spent so much time thinking its me who is causing it, depression yadda yadda... Fortunately, I was really close to death without exaggerating, when I figured I am really not depressed I just cant fucking walk, get out of bed, etc... and then I switched on my own thyroid hormones to natural ones and within weeks I was to my old self. I felt like I did when I felt like myself, which was completely before puberty. :shock: That was 1.5 yr ago and I am still in that state.
The hormonal crash is like some twillight zone i remember unfortunately but it's crazy experience, I was different my personality was different yet I suffered because of it, I didnt want to be like that but they convinced me I want it and that its my ''real self''.

I wonder how many people that hate their personalities actually have something similar?!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My mother nearly died when the doctors had not heard of her condition... they thought it was a skin problem--it was a muscle problem that could have had irreparable damage. She's well on her way to recovery, and years later she is just getting off of the high dose steroids she's had to be on for most of her 50's.

My experience with hormones has not been nearly as indepth as you.. as I don't really need them for anything. I now use birth control that has hormones in it, and it is at once a bit liberating and mostly frustrating realizing just how much they influence one's actions.

On the bright side.. I don't know if my boyfriend and I would have hit it off so well in the beginning if I hadn't been influenced by them.. I was more able to say what was on my mind without feeling completely embarrassed, versus seeming like I don't care and have no real emotions one way or the other about it. I've also been able to be a beacon of communication for my family, and while I've always been involved with them, I wasn't really known for being as kind and gentle as I am now with them and their situations. I've gained some sense of confidence in myself as far as my outwardly appearances and general ways of things. I don't mind dressing for occasions now instead of dreading them and having my claws out on the carpet while my sister's drag me to a nice event. I'm more aware of how I eat, and act, in public than I was before.. it isn't an understatement to say uncouth at times, and definitely not elegant. I've sort of gained some grace with it all. None of this was me actively working towards anything.. I just sort of got these elements with steady rounds of low dose hormones.

On the downside, nearly everything else. :laugh: I don't have the exact same cravings for competition as I once did, though they're still there, and I don't have as much energy. I'm not as hyper as I once was, though this might be attributed a bit to age and life circumstances too. I get senses of fear in failing that I just didn't really have before, where I saw failing as a challenge. I cry a lot more than I ever did before. Crying used to be a big deal for me, like something really really went wrong--I just naturally wasn't much of a crier. Now I've just had to learn that crying is just something that's going to come with emotions now. I give more fucks about things too. :/ so that sort of sucks.. because the rest of my personality doesn't know what to do with caring about random stupid stuff that I wouldn't think twice about usually. It's like my little nephew handing me a single lego and looking at me like he expects me to do something with it.. and it just sits there in my hand. I've noticed less drive in my actions. I'm more likely to give up and get frustrated than I used to be.. It's like a piece of me is fading, and I'm not sure if I want it or not because it had good points too that made me who I am.. and I don't know if I can go back if I let it fade much longer.

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha i have extra testosterone as a consequence of not being treated for thyroid on time, so i became overwight which causes high testosterone and my personality is definitely influenced, as i am losing weight i am watching it reducing, but its fun to be like a dude hahah.. i am like.. almost for street fights haha. but as kid i was always kinda boyish in many stuff, but not so much like this, now i am aggressive.thus wing 8... who knows if wing 8 will still be there when i get my testosterone back to normal ;););)

you should look into bioidentical sex hormones, it can not be compared to bcp. ;) all the complaints you mention mean your hormones are not regulated well and you shouldnt put up w that. traditional MDs dont handle hormones well, I treat myself, I havent been to doc for 1,5 yr, and if i go i ended up teaching them. so dont trust doctors. research everything first by yourself. if i did that i'd save yrs of my life. but i believed them

what you describe is called estrogen dominance.