• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni versus Ti?

Paris34

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Could someone explain the difference between these two functions using an example in everyday life? (eg using an INFJ and INTP's perspective)

I think I get the gist of the differences between the two, but I'm still not sure of my preference.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP: analyze, hypothesize, test, conclude (maybe).
INFJ: analyze what conclusion means to self.

INTP: Logic over authority.
INFJ: authority (self) over logic.

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ni is definetely going to override logic in the INFJ

Logic can only explain so much, there is an end to how far logic can take you, but connection and authenticity are deeply sensed

INTP will side with logic.. if >>>>> then >>>>> and nothing else can be..

from my view... INTP will deeply ignore personal feelings just impenetrably.

I guess its just the end result.. is pure with INTP... as opposed to blended or mixed/more balanced decision, recognizing several aspects
I kinda love and admire you's guys for this reason.. I cannot ignore the biting mystery of abstract and on occasion quite linear, phenomena..

You are generally very nice about adhering to logic.. it is unintrusive.

although if you add narcissism.. INTP can REALLY vary.. all types can but i find it particularly upsetting when you do