• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Percentages of type in the overall population

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is kind of interesting.

b90939edd3e171e53f0e84b8a94dc36b.jpg
\\

So almost 50% of people are guardians.

á´…eparted

passages
Source? Citations?

I don't buy ANY of these infographics without this, and all it leads to is just reinforcing bad information.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Really? I can't believe SJs take up almost half of the population. I know it shouldn't surprise me, just does.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
That website doesn't exactly explain where they got their type frequency figures, but they match the "official" stats shown on the following pages:

• And here's a third source with separate male and female percentages for the individual types and some discussion about possible skews in the samples they've used.
According to the second page, these statistics are based on "a variety of MBTI results from 1972 through 2002, including data banks at the Center for Applications of Psychological Type; CPP, Inc; and Stanford Research Institute (SRI)."

I think it's noteworthy that, according to the stats in the third page, the official MBTI folks are currently estimating that men are around 43.5% F while women are around 24.5% T — which suggests that F men are considerably more common than T women.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That website doesn't exactly explain where they got their type frequency figures, but they match the "official" stats shown on the following pages:

If you break down the numbers in this one, it says that 37 - 53% of the population is SJ. The middle point between 37 and 53 is 45% which is pretty close to the 46.4%.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
^ If you look at the second table (which involves the same data pool), it includes a more exact percentage for each type (in addition to the ranges).

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm going to keep knocking my head against the wall on this point, but I'm going to do it yet again.

If the consensus is that tests are bollocks in determining type, how meaningful are type stats?

Last edited:

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
USA isn’t the only piece of land where humans live in, in this big planet.

Last edited:

Nicodemus

I'm going to keep knocking my head against the wall on this point, but I'm going to do it yet again.

If the consensus is that tests are bollocks in determining type, how meaningful are type stats?
Their job is to make Ns feel special. They are good enough for that.