• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which function does this sound like?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
"My views toward love: I believe that love = caring about the other person's well-being more than your own well-being. If you have a crush on someone and you noticed that your crush liked someone else, you will actually help your crush to get together with their crush because this will make your crush feel happy."

ISFJ? Never.

OK, you win. I'm just playing the numbers game.

unsomething

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I dislike these type-me threads because they often have leading statements and are subject to the Forer effect, as I mentioned. Who doesn't want to be creative, for example? Si users think about the future a lot, too, the difference is the time scale. Many Ni users are shit planners (I am incapable of keeping to a schedule) and tend to brood on an abstract level about what will come to pass in the coming decades. Si users are thinking "OK, I have to do A by this time, B by that time, C by then. Good. Let's do it.".

So in a way, both are future orientated. It is just that Ni users are way out in Never-Never Land for a fair chunk of the time, INFJs for example spend a fair bit of down time dreaming about eradicating racism and misogyny seeing their Intuition isn't coupled to a Thinking function.

I find it hard to tell Si and Ni users apart, especially, from just one or two posts. The differences between types become clearer once you get to know the person and understand the reasons why they believe what they do, how they approach a problem to solve it. Ne and Se users are very easy to tell apart (as are Ni and Ne). A strong Ne user is like the ginger amongst the brunettes - you can't not notice them :D

Once you have around 100 posts under your belt people have generally had enough time to figure shit out though.

Funny you mention that because I have actually spent a fair bit of time thinking about this connection... I consider Si and Ni two heads of the same creature, one so vastly knowing itself and inateness and procedure, one seamlessly fusing itself and unveiling a right way, laying a mash up of traveled paths out onto the future, and in effect, knowing the way through it. But *something* about them is exremely similar. Even I have been convinced I was a Si user when I stood too close to really see myself as a whole. It's just hard to not get stuck on the fact that there are so many similarities.

I always have to remember to step back and count the details in terms of behavior as just details. A human brain is vastly complex, we're just reducing, to a grotesque degree. People have more in common than they don't and that's why a single difference taken in isolation is so misleading. I guess I still believe that OP is more not a Fe user than she is not a Te user. Just a feeling I have, but forget 100, I have only read like those three posts in this thread.

Of course, INFJ and INTJ are quite different (careful of the stereotypes--hah. Daydreaming about ending racism and misogyny is a concrete preference, not a cognitive style. Daydreaming about changing something and more probably someone(s) will certainly happen though.) Where Ni is pointed leads to that gap I guess. (Ex: my ambition/vision of power, though I do crave it, is connecting to and influencing the best, most wonderful people. Power is a means to the end of connecting. I don't want anything that I can't share/give meaningfully with/to other people, that's just lonely.)

I think that the aim will fall into place and become very clear over time. "Just INJ" itself is a great starting point because IMO actually being conscious of Ni is an important step to understanding how your inner world works. (But then again, I'm not a Te user, I don't really need closure on the categorizations, so yeah, more differences.)

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Funny you mention that because I have actually spent a fair bit of time thinking about this connection... I consider Si and Ni two heads of the same creature, one so vastly knowing itself and inateness and procedure, one seamlessly fusing itself and unveiling a right way, laying a mash up of traveled paths out onto the future, and in effect, knowing the way through it. But *something* about them is exremely similar. Even I have been convinced I was a Si user when I stood too close to really see myself as a whole. It's just hard to not get stuck on the fact that there are so many similarities.

I always have to remember to step back and count the details in terms of behavior as just details. A human brain is vastly complex, we're just reducing, to a grotesque degree. People have more in common than they don't and that's why a single difference taken in isolation is so misleading. I guess I still believe that OP is more not a Fe user than she is not a Te user. Just a feeling I have, but forget 100, I have only read like those three posts in this thread.

Of course, INFJ and INTJ are quite different (careful of the stereotypes--hah. Daydreaming about ending racism and misogyny is a concrete preference, not a cognitive style. Daydreaming about changing something and more probably someone(s) will certainly happen though.) Where Ni is pointed leads to that gap I guess. (Ex: my ambition/vision of power, though I do crave it, is connecting to and influencing the best, most wonderful people. Power is a means to the end of connecting. I don't want anything that I can't share/give meaningfully with/to other people, that's just lonely.)

I think that the aim will fall into place and become very clear over time. "Just INJ" itself is a great starting point because IMO actually being conscious of Ni is an important step to understanding how your inner world works. (But then again, I'm not a Te user, I don't really need closure on the categorizations, so yeah, more differences.)

This post suddenly makes me wonder if I might be INTJ again.

Just like you, I often crave and daydream about power, but my vision of power is slightly different from your vision of power. My vision of power is not really to connect and influence others, my vision of power is actually more of a self-centred nature and it's mainly to gain respect and admiration from people.
For example, one of my biggest goal in life is to open my own company and become successful in life because my family and relatives often looked down at me and I wanna change the way they view me. I also often find myself having a love-hate relationship with authority figures. I am a strong-minded person and I dislike being controlled by those people, but at the same time, I couldn't help but to admire them because they are so successful in life, I admire their willpower, I admire how hardworking they are, I admire how much efforts they have took to reach where they are today. I often find myself falling for authority figures such as teachers/bosses as a result.

The only thing that makes me doubt my INTJness is I have an idealistic side to me, especially the way I view love, the way I view love is very xNFx, I am very self-sacrificing in love and I often put the other person's needs before my own needs :)

unsomething

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w3
This post suddenly makes me wonder if I might be INTJ again.

Just like you, I often crave and daydream about power, but my vision of power is slightly different from your vision of power. My vision of power is not really to connect and influence others, my vision of power is actually more of a self-centred nature and it's mainly to gain respect and admiration from people.
For example, one of my biggest goal in life is to open my own company and become successful in life because my family and relatives often looked down at me and I wanna change the way they view me. I also often find myself having a love-hate relationship with authority figures. I am a strong-minded person and I dislike being controlled by those people, but at the same time, I couldn't help but to admire them because they are so successful in life, I admire their willpower, I admire how hardworking they are, I admire how much efforts they have took to reach where they are today. I often find myself falling for authority figures such as teachers/bosses as a result.

The only thing that makes me doubt my INTJness is I have an idealistic side to me, especially the way I view love, the way I view love is very xNFx, I am very self-sacrificing in love and I often put the other person's needs before my own needs :)

Hmm, I could see that one going either way! On the one hand, in a sense you DO want it because of other people (like, there's that underlying thought of... they thought poorly of me.. I want to change that?)

Not really sure. I get the impression that INTJs are, in their minds, certainly more fundamentally me- and my-priorities-oriented, though they do have that Fi that really does want a bond. And then again, they also seem to rather like to be needed.

But, no, maybe I was getting the wrong impression and you certainly could be INFJ. And I can relate to a lot of what you said in this post. I would say, going forward, just keep observing what you're doing and why and see how it fits! I think being INFJ is a confusing thing because lordy are we impressionable and often unsure of who we are. I for one have had a very bad case of that, lol.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK, you win. I'm just playing the numbers game.

I don't want to win yet because I'm not finished discussing it. Not that I'm trying to have the last word, it's just that the topic is so interesting to me.

We have different ways of going about this typing based pretty much on our different methods of thinking about it. My method is to apply pure typology. First I gather information from the OP and other posts. Then I correlate them with functions. But that result is only a hypothesis. After forming the hypothesis, I post testing statements about functions to see if the person identifies with them. I also do this formally with my personality inventory, but this method is more informal. Either way, the method is designed to get closer and closer to the truth about the type, not to say something like, "Your type is such and such because of one statement you made in the OP."

However, if others offer their own opinions about the person's type, I may cite statements made in the OP which contradict the opinion. That's what I have done above.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Funny you mention that because I have actually spent a fair bit of time thinking about this connection... I consider Si and Ni two heads of the same creature, one so vastly knowing itself and inateness and procedure, one seamlessly fusing itself and unveiling a right way, laying a mash up of traveled paths out onto the future, and in effect, knowing the way through it. But *something* about them is exremely similar.

That's correct. The similarity lies in the fact that they are both risk-aversive types; neither of them are types to throw caution to the wind. They are both also very goal-directed, and tend to think there is only one path to achieving the goal.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I should also have mentioned the fact that Si and Ni engage in a kind of selective focusing on their environment. They both look for and pay attention to only the evidence supporting their theory or idea or belief system. Doing so is very important to their psyches, as their cognitive lives are dependent upon such support. Without it, they have lost their foundation for living.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remembered something else that relates Ni and Si - they are both anthropomorphizing functions. Ni anthropomorphizes ideas and concepts, Si anthropomorphizes concretes.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Phew I just finished 3 different cognitive function tests. Funny, but I just realized a pattern here. I consistently got Ni and Ne as my top 2 functions. If I am an INFJ, I must be the Ni subtype and not the Fe subtype. Maybe this explains why I don't Fe as much as the typical INFJ.

My top 2 functions in key2cognition: Ni, Ne
My top 2 functions in similarminds: Ni, Fe
My top 2 functions in cognitivequiz: Ne, Te

Results from key2cognition:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.5)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.2)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.5)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28.6)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.4)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTP

Results from Similarminds:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (70%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (70%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (75%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (55%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (75%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (70%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - unclear

Results from Cognitivequiz:

Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.73
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||||||| 8.16
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||| 6.89
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||||| 6.77
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||| 6.68
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||| 6.22
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||||||| 4.8
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||| 3.71

Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is very developed.
Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is moderate.
Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is low.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is poorly developed.

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: ENTP
or Second Possibility: ENTJ
or Third Possibility: INTJ

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's a subtype?

unsomething

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w3
From those test results, It seems like you maybe struggle with preciseness. Maybe that's a point for INFJ. (I'm not criticizing, i'm the same way, it's so easy to imagine HOW something could be true and lose sight of the fact that it usually is or isn't)

And yes, maybe you underuse or undervalue your Fe which is apparently common (to associate with your tertiary more than your auxiliary)

Destiny

A wannabe dog
What's a subtype?

Subtype refers to people of similar mbti type placing slightly different emphasis on their functions.
For example, the functions of INFJ is Ni-Fe-Ti-Se. The Ni subtype of INFJ places more emphasis on Ni and Ti, while the Fe subtype places more emphasis on Fe and Se.

Ni subtype of INFJ:

APPEARANCE

The intuitive subtype appears as a quiet, tactful, languid and diffident individual. They seem torn off from reality, inert and poorly adapted to life. However, such impressions are erroneous, for they possess a fine intuition, which aids them in establishing useful connections and obtaining support from influential people. Seem externally serene but sentimentally are disposed to experience moodiness and bouts of melancholy. While their voice at times seems monotonous they often induce a light surprise, even full interest, from the interlocutor. Outwardly are pensive, slightly strained/intense. Prone to emanate sadness masked in sardonic irony. Speech is measured, smooth and intimately heart-felt. On their face they almost constantly exude a polite half-smile that easily wins people’s trust. Gestures are modest, shy. Gait is ponderous, elegant.

CHARACTER

Gentle and considerate person. In his heart is a dreamer and a romantic. Has figurative, associative memory, and can recall experiences from the past down to the smallest detail. Reminiscing about the past, he recalls all the mistakes and mishaps, then extracts from them lessons for the future. Thanks to a strong intuition sees short-term prospects of affairs and relations, but because of the tendency to idealize everything may also overestimate them. Under any circumstances, does not lose hope that in future everything will be better than the current situation.

Somewhat unsure in himself, is inclined to doubt and hesitate in cases he has to speak or act decisively. He does not like to rush, can delay carrying out tasks and finding solutions to problems to an indefinite period of time, or even never get to them. Does not aspire to leadership, experiences difficulties with organizational functions. Gravitates more towards intellectual sphere of activity than to direct management and production.

In work, can become distracted by irrelevant, minor things, and thus run out of time to do the more important tasks. He does not like stereotypes, conventionality, strict order, having to follow strict rules and regulations. In his apartment or at his workplace may allow for artistic mess and disorganization. Being economical and having good entrepreneurial judgment is not in his nature, because of this he might miss out on promising opportunities.

Does not like routine and monotony, desires new experiences, gravitates towards interesting and unusual people. Likes conversion about various unconventional and esoteric phenomena. Willingly accepts and promotes imaginative ideas and innovative approaches, but is wary of new ventures, in such cases prefers to yield initiative to strong-willed and assertive people. However, if necessary, exhibits outstanding diplomatic skills, achieving success where others have failed - straightforward and eager partners, don’t place much value on flexibility in relationships.

Sensitive and attentive to people, tries to maintain smooth relations with everyone. Due to the absentmindedness sometimes forgets to fulfill his promises, but then does his best to make amends. At the same time, exhibits tolerance towards other people's flaws and weaknesses. Does not know which of the two disputants he should favor, therefore, will try to reconcile them.

Needs moral, physical, and material support. Respects strong, influential people. Relationships that have been exhausted does not break immediately, as he grows accustomed to people. Knows how to wait patiently and how to adapt to any circumstances. For the sake of good relations with family, tries to meet the demands they put on him, tries to develop practical skills, perform work and fulfill his family responsibilities.

Fe subtype of INFJ:

APPEARANCE

The ethical subtype makes an impression of a soft, charming and emotional person. Usually look inspired and optimistic. Possess a fine sense of humor allowing them to list their problems and failures while smiling. Are ironic, crafty, unpredictably and inconsistent in behaviour and conversation. Creating original contrasts, they can unexpectedly prick and then just as quickly embrace/kiss. Artistic and charming; are eloquent in dialogue, occasionally portraying shades of familiarity and impudence. They’re generally affable, kind and careful. Easily draw attention and thereby attract people; talent towards persuasion: states requests in such a manner that it is difficult to refuse them. Movements are graceful as is their gait. Speech is emotional, rich with shades, sometimes melodious.

CHARACTER

Emotional and charming, easily and naturally comes into contact with strangers, predisposing them to trust with his warmth and sincerity. Able to cheer up others, make them laugh with his unusual antics and utterances. Figuratively, with a good sense of humor, tells stories of what he has experienced and seen. Well versed in the feelings and sentiments of others, knows how to establish useful contacts in order to achieve his goals, how to find the most suitable candidates for the job conceived. Often phrases his requests in such a form that one cannot refuse him.

He loves to be at the center of attention. Elegant, skillful in his ability to please, readily gives compliments to others. Able to find an individual approach to each person. He loves and knows how to reconcile a dispute. Often is ironic and sarcastic, but states even the displeasing things as if in jest, and with a smile. Unobtrusive in his feelings - if he does not see reciprocity, he will distance.

Easy lights up with a new idea, but can quickly lose interest in it, if it requires a lot of patience and effort for its realization. He needs praise and encouragement. Sensitive towards any criticisms, or if his work goes unnoticed by others. In such cases his enthusiasm for work is lowered. At the same time, praise issued in advance will encourage him to overcome difficulties, helps to gain confidence in himself.

Somewhat touchy and suggestible. Has a tendency to show off to others his physical or intellectual suffering. If he senses danger, his uneasy and restless mood will be transmitted to others. In my heart is very vulnerable and very upset by their failures. Internally contradictory, prone to abrupt mood swings from laughter to tears, and vice versa. Proves his case passionately, accepts advice only when he has calmed down, until the next emotional outburst. Needs the support of strong-willed, energetic people.

Readily shares his problems with others, looking for sympathy, understanding, support. Consults with others before making important decisions, though does not always follow their advice. Independent by nature, impulsive, unpredictable in his actions. Prone to impromptu acts and improvisations.

In some situations, evokes awe and admiration in others by exhibiting fearlessness in dangerous situations. Nonchalant and imperturbable, but this is only a tactic that allows him to make an impression on others. This serene state is infectious; it passes onto others, allowing them to distance from their everyday worries and problems.

Graceful in his movements, shows refinement, good manners, dresses tastefully. His residence is clean and neat. He has an aesthetic taste, like ornaments and refined decorations. Appreciates comfort. Cares about his own appearance as well as those of others. Can buy extra stuff, wasteful and uneconomical. Does not like those who are stingy over small sums. Does not place much value on things, his own or those of others. Lending or loaning something, may forget about them for a long time. (source)

From those test results, It seems like you maybe struggle with preciseness. Maybe that's a point for INFJ. (I'm not criticizing, i'm the same way, it's so easy to imagine HOW something could be true and lose sight of the fact that it usually is or isn't)

And yes, maybe you underuse or undervalue your Fe which is apparently common (to associate with your tertiary more than your auxiliary)

Lol, I think I have ruled out INTJ as my type. I doubt an INTJ with Fi-Te would struggle with preciseness, they usually have great awareness of themselves. I think part of the reason why I have difficulty typing myself is because I lacked that Fi self-awareness v_v
Something interesting that I noticed so far on this site, I noticed that the INFPs and INTJs here usually know they are INFP and INTJ, and they rarely change their mbti type, whereas the INFJs and xNTPs would go around typing themselves into every mbti type. I wonder whether this is the difference between Fe-Ti and Te-Fi :p
The Fi-Te types just seemed more sure of themselves, whereas the Fe-Ti types seemed to doubt their types more often.