• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best on advice?

mangotang

MBTI Type
ISFp
Though it's obvious the effectiveness of good advice depends on experience and the connection between the two people, if someone just wanted help out of the blue, and the other has no past experience at all of that nature, and how that person actually says it to that person would be something that they can believe without any repercussions or confusion...which type do you think would do it best?

LonestarCowgirl

I vote ENTJ; they'll deliver a mighty strong message that's logical and convincing

If emotional intelligence is required, I like ENFP or ENFJ.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you want someone to be brutally honest - an ST in general, probably an ESTJ or maybe an xNTJ. With things like romantic advice or topics that would normally be delivered carefully, I've always found xSFPs and ENFxs to be extremely helpful.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Totally depends on what kind of advice you want. But keeping this part of the OP in mind...

if someone just wanted help out of the blue, and the other has no past experience at all of that nature, and how that person actually says it to that person would be something that they can believe without any repercussions or confusion

... then I'd probably say ESTx. ESTPs and ESTJs are great at being direct and giving advice clearly and confidently, even when given very little background information. This can be a fault, with both types, but it's more of a strength in situations like these.