• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Simplified Myers Briggs Compatibility Chart

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I really like the ENFJ/ISFP combination because Fry and Leela are my OTP.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was under the impression that Leela is ESTJ.

She could be in an [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]-ish kinda way. I just think she makes more value judgments overall, and any logical justifications are kind of a second thought.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She could be in an [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]-ish kinda way. I just think she makes more value judgments overall, and any logical justifications are kind of a second thought.

You're probably right. :yes:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is the problem that many, many type-stats-based comparisons have.

If we test a correlation between MBTI test results and athletic ability (measured by.. I don't know, number of points scored in a b-ball game?), or dare I say IQ; and if we think the MBTI test itself is total garbage as a way to determine 'true type' (a sentiment that a lot of people have).. then what are we really correlating?

Yeah I really wonder that too. Something involving common mistypes. I wonder what would happen if we controlled for age, years together, and type of relationship, too.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Just when I start to forget this place is a dating site...

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Why is this so different from the socionics compatibility?

Shouldn't they be the same, but looking at a different aspect of personality?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Two INTJs in a relationship together, better than average?

I'm not buying this.

FTR: I think the Socionics "dual" concept is rubbish as well.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
You have been here even less time than I have, though.

I was talking about the history of the forum. Seeing AA refers to it as a dating site...

Well I have a bias about that and am somewhat bitter so my perspective of the site is unfairly skewed.

Not for the reasons of my own virginity or lack of relationships though. I'm just not a fan of encouraging the exclusion of people based on notions of type. Not that I'm innocent of this myself, but I'm trying.

It's just that a lot of yourself appears to go into a relationship and that emotional investment can become a nightmare in a relationship gone bad and so one experience with a type of person can become inflated across an entire spectrum, I imagine it's hard to avoid doing that if you are deeply wounded.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Almost certain there have been couples who've met on the forum. That's not even sardonic speculation; I'm pretty sure I've seen stuff to that effect.

There's also a lot of weird type fetishizing that goes on, too, between those of 'compatible types,' for what it's worth. Almost to the point of full-on cybersex. No, full-on cyber-orgies.

There are also a lot of forum members who are married or dating each other who, of course, didn't meet up here.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Well I have a bias about that and am somewhat bitter so my perspective of the site is unfairly skewed.

Not for the reasons of my own virginity or lack of relationships though. I'm just not a fan of encouraging the exclusion of people based on notions of type. Not that I'm innocent of this myself, but I'm trying.

I am with you there. The most rewarding relationship (well, if you can call it that) I have had was with an ESFP, which wouldn't be considered normal.

It's just that a lot of yourself appears to go into a relationship and that emotional investment can become a nightmare in a relationship gone bad and so one experience with a type of person can become inflated across an entire spectrum, I imagine it's hard to avoid doing that if you are deeply wounded.

Don't give up yet. I know exactly what it feels like to think there's no point in pursuing women. But they are not going to come to you, so if you want to ease the bitterness there isn't really an option.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I
Don't give up yet. I know exactly what it feels like to think there's no point in pursuing women. But they are not going to come to you, so if you want to ease the bitterness there isn't really an option.

Well that's not really how I feel, or what I was getting at.

I know my own drives and that if I find someone I am attracted to I have to make the effort to know them and make my intentions understood. But I'm largely apathetic, not because of a view of hopelessness towards women I just have other focuses and they start internally with myself.

Mane

Permabanned
Initially I thought the "ideal combinations" are just a repeat of the classic recommendation (Si & Se, Ni & Ne, Ti & Te, Fi & Fe), and most do, but there are a few exceptions:

added combinations:
ESTJ & ISFP
ENTJ & INFP
ESFJ & ISTP

missing combinations:
ENTJ & ISTP (One sided match)
INFP & ESFJ (Bad match)

Is this a statistic or a theory?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This looked interesting.

1303a1988541e3026f3dae1664a2a3b0.jpg
This is one of the most useless relationship models I've seen for MBTI.

1. Keirsey based connections between the dichotomies:

SPs and NFs = Absolutely Not, except ISFP and ENFJ
SJ and SJs = All good.
SJs and SPs = perfect or ok
Ns with Ns = All good or perfect
etc.
There are correlations with the functions for 'perfections'.

2. Clearly not statistics based as it has clear structure. (but horrible algorithm if it even exists)

3. Why do SPs have no "It's Got a Good Chance" colours? Like it either has to be perfect or 'ok' and less. Nonsense

4. Only ISFPs, ESTJs and ENFJs have 3 perfect matches?

5. Because of the use of keirsey, the algorithm for this model doesn't seem to exist. There is no symmetry between the functions of good match which makes for an irregular (and pointlessly so) structure this model provides. The symmetry is highly important for relationship dynamics where the functions are dichotomous for opposites of both the introverted/extraverted directions as well as the S/N and F/T dichotomies. Or rather, if the relationship model was actually done correctly, there would be a clear symmetrical indication.

I do hope no one uses this model for any sort of relationships. It's almost garbage.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I don't think Keirsey's ideas hold up in practice either. They seem overly formulaic.

Would an INTJ really be more likely to bond with an ENFP than an INFP, or even an INFJ or ISFP? I am not convinced.