• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What makes you distinct from the rest of your type?

Mane

Permabanned
In what manners of mental processing are you different from the rest of your type?
What mental patterns characterize you in ways disconnected from your type?
What distinguishes you from other members of your type?

(Posted in MBTI, but can include other typological profiles)

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not always the life of the party or the person who's getting the most attention. I'm fine with it if I am, but I don't really care if I'm not. Just as long as people acknowledge me and are happy I'm there.

Supposedly they have good manners? Mine suck. I'm just good with the whole "please and thank you", "sorry", and at times, "excuse me" idea. I will readily admit to chewing with my mouth open sometimes or laughing if someone farts. That's just me.

I've heard some ESTPs can do this, but a few people have considered me shy or a deep thinker if they don't know me well?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For an introvert, I at least differ from the stereotype in that I am not bothered at all by crowds and regularly need noise, and I can handle chaotic group activity longer than most people, even among the obvious extraverts. I don't step up and actively seek socializing very often, but if an opportunity comes along, I want to take it.

I like to entertain people - humor, surprise, evoking the ostentatious emotions - if not often in direct, face-to-face ways. That's what art is for. It's a vent for my desire to play with you. Half of it, anyway. The other half is more "inwardly", enneagram-related purposes that would be off topic for this thread.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I don't really know enough about MBTI to answer the first two questions. However:

I tend to procrastinate a lot, so while I can easily create structures in my head and find the idea of structure/order attractive, I tend not to write down any plans and struggle to stick at any given task.
I seek emotional intensity and like very devoted, involved relationships where I spend a lot of time with the other person. I don't find "independent" women who I don't see often attractive.
While I'm interested in science & technology, I'm a composer and my passions lie in the humanities (music, history, politics).
While I enjoy working alone and in a quiet area, I'm quite sociable and would enjoy spending more time with other people. I am an ambivert, not an introvert.

á´…eparted

passages
- I have this certain level of coldness that I let out when needed, and I am not the least bit dependent or co-dependent on individual people.

- I can snip the cord from a relationship of almost any kind lickity-split as if it never existed.

- Been fascinated with science, facts, how things work (though not all things) since I was little.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For an introvert, I at least differ from the stereotype in that I am not bothered at all by crowds and regularly need noise, and I can handle chaotic group activity longer than most people, even among the obvious extraverts. I don't step up and actively seek socializing very often, but if an opportunity comes along, I want to take it.

This sounds about right. It has become a pet peeve of mine to hear "introversion" and "social anxiety" essentially used interchangeably. I'm fine with people, fine with noise, and fine with chaos. It's just that I don't need them, and I already have enough energy kind of boiling up from the inside-out that I don't have an infinite supply to spend on others; eventually I want to be left alone to do whatever it is that I'd rather be doing.

Well. I might need noise. I'm the kind of person who falls asleep with a fan or the television on because silence makes me feel uncomfortable.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I'm objective.

I take few things personally.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am very socially ambiverted.

I enjoy planning, and delegate well.

Raffaella

bon vivant
In comparison to other IxFPs, I’m uncomfortable with negative feelings, which results in a compulsive need to see the silver lining. I deny, avoid and disconnect from feelings or ideas that cause distress. I prefer to feel numb over anxious, terrified or depressed. I also appear more pragmatic than most IxFPs, who are modest and seek projects that are meaningful over practical whereas wealth and fame is meaningful to me. When I pursue something or have an idea for a project, my second thought is usually, “how will this earn me fame? How can I monetize this?” and I won't start the project if I can't see the possibility of it earning me acclaim.

I’m drawn to current and global affairs and it re-enforces my desire to be recognized (i.e: I unconsciously present myself in manners that seek attention and highlight my desire to lead). This consequently affects my attitude towards commitment; I don’t like being tied down as I feel a strong need to be connected to many people, ideas and concepts. As such, I think I’m great at being busy without accomplishing anything substantial.

All of the above makes for a person that’s more friendly, confident, positive and materialistic than the average IxFP at their best but scattered and aggressive at their worst (like now).

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i have been called cold-hearted or tough by the people closest to me, on many occasions.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My type on here is eSTP because I am an introverted ESTP IMHO. Half ISTP/half ESTP, much more introvert though then an ESTP.

oh...and I have brains...apparently S types arent suppose to have brains.

I lack the T blindness when it comes to F.

I dont care much about guns, give me cars, jet skis, etc. any day of the week.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
not claiming it

and in the case of what things really come down to, not even making it public knowledge :ninja:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't list traits that distinguish me from other ENFPs (or for you believers......ESFPs) because there will always be another who has that trait.

What does distinguish me is that I am me, and no one else can take that from me.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess if we're talking about going against the stereotypes, materially I'm a minimalist, I am comfortable with logic, I tend to be highly spatially aware, and while I would never call myself athletic, I am not uncoordinated.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've never liked anime, and my whiny indie music phase is long past ;)

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My e-type and MBTI combination should theoretically(as per the world renowned and highly credible theory of stereotypes) have made for a giddy fairy princess sort, yet much to my dismay here I am.

Seriously speaking, I can't really say as I do not know all the other e9 INFP's in the world and nor do I ever wish to. That is to say in order to actually accurately answer this without making gross blanket like generalizations I'd have to know all those people not to mention figure out a way to read their minds as to actually discern wether or not they think in ways similar to myself. I'm also not foolish enough to think I'm so special a snowflake as to be distinct, I'm more a subtle snowflake, the sort that drifts along with the wind and reincarnates several times over into the rain that pelts people without umbrellas over their heads.

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I am very tactful and careful to avoid&resolve conflict. At least, it's a major concern of mine when interacting with other people.
Though I just recently got called insensitive on my nohari by a friend I've known for many years, so maybe I'm not as aware as I thought. :C

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not very social and have lived a somewhat reclusive life from my mid-20s on. I get more edgy when I'm cut off with connection from the World than with socializing with people. It's very easy for me to get along with people but extremely difficult for me to form bonds with others.

Not very optimistic (but not all that pessimistic either). Can be extremely impatient and quick-tempered...every now and again need to reign in violent impulses. Okay with harsh reality, negative feedback, not being liked by others...more likely to dismiss this than get upset.

unsomething

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Not very social and have lived a somewhat reclusive life from my mid-20s on. I get more edgy when I'm cut off with connection from the World than with socializing with people. It's very easy for me to get along with people but extremely difficult for me to form bonds with others.

I actually see this a lot with ENFPs. I think it's cool, you guys are like, hybrids.